Official Rant of the Day

I really don't like playing in cold weather but we have an 8:48 tee time. And it's my buddy's birthday so we're going to make a day of it 4EF54C92-4719-403A-BECF-364009981855.jpeg

I really don't like playing in cold weather but we have an 8:48 tee time. And it's my buddy's birthday so we're going to make a day of it View attachment 9123688
Invest in an a heated vest. I like to play year round if I can and I got mine from Amazon along with the charger and man does it make a difference. Keeps my back loose and helps me stay warm. Pockets are also heated so you can swap out your hands as you drive/walk to keep them warm too.

Invest in an a heated vest. I like to play year round if I can and I got mine from Amazon along with the charger and man does it make a difference. Keeps my back loose and helps me stay warm. Pockets are also heated so you can swap out your hands as you drive/walk to keep them warm too.
I got my mom one of those for xmas a couple years ago - that's a great suggestion. She uses it all the time as well (not as a golfer) to keep warm.

I got my mom one of those for xmas a couple years ago - that's a great suggestion. She uses it all the time as well (not as a golfer) to keep warm.
Yep. I used it a few times last winter. Works great.

Once again, it’s Wednesday and all the morning tee times are blocked off for Ladies day. Wednesday mornings are good for me because I hardly have meetings on Wednesday mornings.

26 tee times blocked off and 1 4some is going out. I think it’s time I express my frustration with the GM.

DSL? Where? And from who? I used to have DSL service but then decided to upgrade. At the last minute I chickened and tried to cancel the service appointment. Got through to the tech, but he told I would to call the office as well because it would still be on their schedule. So, I did and the rep told me that they were discontinuing the DSL and upgrading to this next level of service. I immediately called the tech back, and was able to reconnect with him, admittedly for a later time since he had already moved up a later appointment. He was terrific, got me set up in no time with a new "grey box" on the side of my house that I didn't have before. And everybody that I talked on the phone was spot on as well.

Let me say this was at&t. If I remember right, it was 5 or 6 years ago. I don't know if that's before the changeover happened, but it's been a positive esperience for me.

Where? South Carolina. Rural. Down the road where the sticks meet BFE... it's a little past that. Leave the paved road...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
From whom? A local telco. Remember back in the day when the USGOV broke ma bell up into it's components? And they gave local telcos priority and no compete zones? Yeah... I'm in one of those.

Granted, I have no issues with my local telco. Their customer support is pleasant and good. Their service technicians are quick and on point. They just. Don't. Offer. Broadband. To. My. House.

There's fiber in the ground. Across the street from my house. But they won't connect me to it because it's a competitors run. And they won't touch me either (partly because I haven't asked and my local telco has the service).

So I get DSL. It's funny. I'm one of the few left that have it on their network. They don't even list it on their website as a service any longer. In April I was at the central office changing the account over to my name from my wife's after she died. I asked about high speed internet. They just chuckled when they saw my address and said... "maybe sometime next year?":rolleyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It's not bad living where I do... but I'm literally 30-45 minutes away from almost everywhere that's good to go like box stores. Lowe's Home Improvement? 30 minutes. The Home Depot? 45 minutes. The mall? 45 minutes to an hour. Publix? 30 minutes. There's a local IGA but they don't always have what I want so I "go to town"...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I really don't like playing in cold weather but we have an 8:48 tee time. And it's my buddy's birthday so we're going to make a day of it
At least there is no wind. That would be rough.

Where? South Carolina. Rural. Down the road where the sticks meet BFE... it's a little past that. Leave the paved road...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
From whom? A local telco. Remember back in the day when the USGOV broke ma bell up into it's components? And they gave local telcos priority and no compete zones? Yeah... I'm in one of those.

Granted, I have no issues with my local telco. Their customer support is pleasant and good. Their service technicians are quick and on point. They just. Don't. Offer. Broadband. To. My. House.

There's fiber in the ground. Across the street from my house. But they won't connect me to it because it's a competitors run. And they won't touch me either (partly because I haven't asked and my local telco has the service).

So I get DSL. It's funny. I'm one of the few left that have it on their network. They don't even list it on their website as a service any longer. In April I was at the central office changing the account over to my name from my wife's after she died. I asked about high speed internet. They just chuckled when they saw my address and said... "maybe sometime next year?":rolleyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It's not bad living where I do... but I'm literally 30-45 minutes away from almost everywhere that's good to go like box stores. Lowe's Home Improvement? 30 minutes. The Home Depot? 45 minutes. The mall? 45 minutes to an hour. Publix? 30 minutes. There's a local IGA but they don't always have what I want so I "go to town"...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
If I go a half mile down the road I live on, in either direction, there's Xfinity internet. I get Century Link, and they only advertise 3mbps service for my address. I had a 10mbps account at my old house in town, so I was able to get a little more speed. Until the neighbors all get online and start gobbling up bandwidth. Like you, except we got a Publix about 6 weeks ago, I'm about 25 minutes from everywhere.

I'm really beginning to have a poor appraisal on the guys running the show at our local (home) course.

Our Granddaughters are playing in a highschool tournament later today.

For the past 3 years locals, with youngsters in the tournament could get a cart for free. Visitors had to pay a cart fee. I paid when I was visiting other courses to watch them play. A fair deal.

Now today, it's $25, per person, to get a cart to follow along with the girls. $50 for my wife and I. The local highschool does not receive any of the cart fees.

Hell, I can play 18 holes that time of day for $26.

Guess who's going to be pitching a b*tch at the next city council meeting. :D

Here is my rant.

if you were born in the US to parents born in the us etc etc.. Unless you can play a bagpipe you have no business wearing a kilt.. lol

Last edited:
I haven't played golf in 15 days. I haven't even had the urge to go.

The end of the season is coming and kind of burned out.
Sad face for you..

I haven't played golf in 15 days. I haven't even had the urge to go.

The end of the season is coming and kind of burned out.
That’s no fun. Genuine question. Do you walk away from golf completely or dive in more to equipment and other stuff for off season?

That’s no fun. Genuine question. Do you walk away from golf completely or dive in more to equipment and other stuff for off season?

I hang out here and check out what others are up to. Living vicariously through others and the THP experiences.

I have practiced very hard over the last 2 winters to my detriment and injuries. I think I will focus on more mobility drills this offseason.

Sad face for you..
I played in a tournament that left a bad taste in my mouth because a team cheated in a club agaisnt club competition and beat us. That didn’t help.

I have practiced very hard over the last 2 winters to my detriment and injuries. I think I will focus on more mobility drills this offseason.
oh that’s a good idea. You are a heck of a golfer and I bet that would only make it easier coming out of winter

I played in a tournament that left a bad taste in my mouth because a team cheated in a club agaisnt club competition and beat us. That didn’t help.
I could see that. That sucks. I have honestly never been able to play enough golf to get to the point that I would want to hang it up for a season. I would love to get there though..

I don't live in any sort of metropolis, but the local three county area does have a little over a half million inhabitants, so I guess that's why at&t decided to go with broadband. Read an article in the paper today where they have allocated money to run fiber optic down State Route 11, from Lake Erie to the Ohio River, to provide internet service to underserved areas.

I'm really beginning to have a poor appraisal on the guys running the show at our local (home) course.

Our Granddaughters are playing in a highschool tournament later today.

For the past 3 years locals, with youngsters in the tournament could get a cart for free. Visitors had to pay a cart fee. I paid when I was visiting other courses to watch them play. A fair deal.

Now today, it's $25, per person, to get a cart to follow along with the girls. $50 for my wife and I. The local highschool does not receive any of the cart fees.

Hell, I can play 18 holes that time of day for $26.

Guess who's going to be pitching a b*tch at the next city council meeting. :D

In my opinion, that is called GOUGING!

If I go a half mile down the road I live on, in either direction, there's Xfinity internet. I get Century Link, and they only advertise 3mbps service for my address. I had a 10mbps account at my old house in town, so I was able to get a little more speed. Until the neighbors all get online and start gobbling up bandwidth. Like you, except we got a Publix about 6 weeks ago, I'm about 25 minutes from everywhere.

Yep. Broadband cable. It's in the ground and stops maybe 1/2 mile from my house. I'm not eligible for it. I'm not paying them to drop me a connection. If it was $500, maybe. Not when it's several thousand dollars though. And the kicker would be everyone else in my neighborhood would benefit from that. I'm nice, but not THAT generous.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And no, I don't speak with my neighbors. I don't know them. I've almost never seen them. And I'm fine with that.

I don't live in any sort of metropolis, but the local three county area does have a little over a half million inhabitants, so I guess that's why at&t decided to go with broadband. Read an article in the paper today where they have allocated money to run fiber optic down State Route 11, from Lake Erie to the Ohio River, to provide internet service to underserved areas.

Underserved area... that's me! Fiber is in the ground just up the road from me. I see the fiberglass posts marking it. I saw the equipment running the lines... but not to my home for some reason.🤷‍♂️
I would grab AT&T Uverse in a second if I could.
Or Carolina connect.
Or Xfinity.
Hell, I'll even take spectrum.

But I'm NOT paying THEM to lay fiber to my house for them to charge me money. If they want my business they need to come and get it. So I'll sit here on DSL until then.

Here is my rant.

if you were born in the US to parents born in the us etc etc.. Unless you can play a bagpipe you have no business wearing a kilt.. lol

I'll add that, unless you were born in Ireland, you're not bloody Irish! Same with Italians. I have a list!!

Yeah, I can imagine it would not.

I say take the winter off, work on that mobility and come out swinging in May after the snow melts. =)

The short story: Kidney stones.

The long story:
A family member was having them removed tomorrow, but the appointment was rescheduled for next week on a day that had 4 other doctor's appointments. Fun time rescheduling those. This pushes the procedure to just 4 days before a family vacation. Thankfully it is not surgery but I am a bit stressed out between family in pain and being the one to plan the trip and all details and being the driver to all appointments.

Old Navy was having a 40% off sale - which means my wife needed to buy 3x more than we would have bought to begin with.

Sales get her, marketing works. I need a 2nd job.
I laugh because I feel your pain. And I’m not allowed to comment when these things occur or else my golf budget is brought into the discussion.

Back