Official Rant of the Day

I blame it on you! Wife called around 3:00 and said our tank alarm is going off, just dug out the pump out cover and it's full, which means the macerator pump or float switches are crapped out. Now have to dig the whole top of the tank off to get to the pump chamber, '5 deep! What a crappy situation!🤮

I am so sorry. I'll choose my examples more carefully in the future!

Ya know that Murphy was an optimist, don't you?

Ok. You asked? Get home with my wife. Go in basement to settle a bet. What color is couch in basement.
As i look at the couch i hear, “drip, drip, drip”. Walk over and sure enough there is water coming through drywall. I said, “fatboy, this cant be good”. Only thing above was refrigerator. So i pull out fridge 6” and water was spraying everywhere. Turned off water. Called ins co. Serv pro was here in an hour ripping out drywall, carpet. Back tomorrow to rip out kitchen. While only a 4.5 out of 10 on their scale, even they said it was a mess. Said probably will need to go to hotel. Cant with 2 dogs, one that is blind. Will be without a kitchen for a few weeks to a few months.
Oh, i lost the bet. Today sucked donkey d$&k!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok. You asked? Get home with my wife. Go in basement to settle a bet. What color is couch in basement.
As i look at the couch i hear, “drip, drip, drip”. Walk over and sure enough there is water coming through drywall. I said, “fatboy, this cant be good”. Only thing above was refrigerator. So i pull out fridge 6” and water was spraying everywhere. Turned off water. Called ins co. Serv pro was here in an hour ripping out drywall, carpet. Back tomorrow to rip out kitchen. While only a 4.5 out of 10 on their scale, even they said it was a mess. Said probably will need to go to hotel. Cant with 2 dogs, one that is blind. Will be without a kitchen for a few weeks to a few months.
Oh, i lost the bet. Today sucked donkey d$&k!

Fatboy! It’s been too long. Friendly advice, be careful with Servpro, make sure you document what they are doing and don’t be afraid to get a second opinion or at least an adjustment from your insurance company. I have litigated many liens by them over the years for work they “performed” but was not covered by insurance. Not saying you will have an issue, just saying you need to keep your eyes open.

Last edited:
Neighbors getting a freight delivery. Dog letting me know neighbors are getting said delivery. Regretting moving the office to the front living room.

Neighbors getting a freight delivery. Dog letting me know neighbors are getting said delivery. Regretting moving the office to the front living room.
Update: he is using all four windows at his disposal to let them know he is aware of their presence. My ears are ringing.

Update: he is using all four windows at his disposal to let them know he is aware of their presence. My ears are ringing.

In our house we get notified when people walk, trash pickup, amazon/fedex delivery and when there is a ghostly creature. hahah

In our house we get notified when people walk, trash pickup, amazon/fedex delivery and when there is a ghostly creature. hahah
I appreciate the dedication to the craft.

Our 13 year old Lab has barked so infrequently in the 11 years we've had her that my wife hopes we'll be able to capture her bark on video at least once. I'm pretty sure that when she does bark (someone at the door), it means, "Well, up until now, everything's been pretty much OK."

Some sack of crap decided to shoot up the police station, shoot a responding sheriff’s deputy and kill a random transient in the town I work at. Wasn’t planning on going to the office today and I’m glad I didn’t. When the PD released a surveillance image of the dude, it was from the hotel next door to my office. Ugh this junk doesn’t happen here and now we are on the national news because it’s the third officer shot in the state in the last two weeks. Thankful that the officer should recover but freaked that the suspect is at large.
It is terrible that cops are now random targets again, same crap as last time. Let the mob run wild and eventually some nut decides that taking the shot is safe, these bad actors need to be put down hard.

Fatboy! It’s been too long. Friendly advice, be careful with Servpro, make sure you document what they are doing and don’t be afraid to get a second opinion or at least an adjustment from your insurance company. I have litigated many liens by them over the years for work they “performed” but was not covered by insurance. Not saying you will have an issue, just saying you need to keep your eyes open.

Will do. Right now they are who ins co sent over. Hopefully no issues. They love to tear stuff up!

Well thanks to @Reframmellator I spent the day digging up my whole septic tank. Had it pumped out and checked the lift pump, was toast after 15 years. Of course the design has changed and the pump company did not have the adapter in stock, ordered overnight so I can have another crappy day tomorrow installing and wiring the pump and float switches. :mad:;)

Well thanks to @Reframmellator I spent the day digging up my whole septic tank. Had it pumped out and checked the lift pump, was toast after 15 years. Of course the design has changed and the pump company did not have the adapter in stock, ordered overnight so I can have another crappy day tomorrow installing and wiring the pump and float switches. :mad:;)

Now that I know I have this power, I must strive to use it only for good.

Only being able to get on here for a little bit each night & then trying to play catch up to everything that's going on here. :dohanim:

I sympathize, we’ve been renovating our master bath for the past 5 weeks and my oldest dog has barked non-stop everyday as workman come in/out,I love her to death but she drove me nuts, glad that project finished up today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hit two fairways today. I’m garbage at golf.

At some point, you've got to have your worst round of the year.

Our 13 year old Lab has barked so infrequently in the 11 years we've had her that my wife hopes we'll be able to capture her bark on video at least once. I'm pretty sure that when she does bark (someone at the door), it means, "Well, up until now, everything's been pretty much OK."

Haha. I have a small dog. If she’s not barking, she’s sleeping. If she’s not sleeping, barking.

Not my rant. Covid, piss off. I’m done with ya. Supervisor today made it sound like there’ll be no bonuses this summer. Company made and is making record profits. Normally not a big deal. Record profit year and going through a divorce, big deal.

I would like to say 4;45am comes way too early.

Feel the pain. Yesterday I drove the ball. I chipped the ball. Hybrid on point. Putted well. Hit every wedge-iron from 40-220 fat. As in if I got halfway there, wherever there is, I was getting pretty happy.

Neighbor cutting grass today (Saturday) at 8 freaking AM.
WTF? (n)

Why thumbs down. I feel this is acceptable?
It used to be no one cut their grass before like 11AM for the 35 years I've lived here. It's slowly gotten earlier as society digresses. This is the earliest yet.
I mean, is there ever a grass cutting emergency? No. Let working people sleep on the weekends especially. The grass will wait. They guy is retired. Can do it any time. I could have not been more asleep.

Back