Official US Open Thread [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what do you think DJ will take from the ordeal he went through on Sunday? While you cannot blame the guy for going with what brung ‘lm, no less a PB and US Open vet than Phil was saying early on that Even par was going to win this thing, as were others. So in reality, DJ already had all the strokes he needed to win the thing and just needed to give them back at the same rate or better than the rest of the field. I guess that was the point Miller was trying to make during the telecast when he implied after the first disaster that DJ was still in the best position to win if he could pull it together and not compound the error (by the way, Miller is fast becoming the Yogi Berra of golf). Somebody during the telecast said that DJ’s caddy should have taken him aside and told him to pull out a 5 iron off the tee and just put one in the fairway. You would like to think DJ’s game could accommodate that sort of thing. Heck these guys have got to be able to dial it back at some point just to keep from doing Jody Foster. Exorcist imitations when everything goes ga ga. In fact it seemed to me that at the point where DJ did have it all go wrong, after that triple, it was like he was saying “Oh no Pebble…. Think you are going to make me back down do ya”! Sunday on a USGA prepared Pebble is a bad time to start to pound your chest. Did you see the slow-mo of his next drive? DJ was literally coming out of his shoes. Anyway I like the guy. Maybe a little maturity added to all that talent will be just the right mix. Ya gotta’ be happy for Gmac though. He never really cracked the whole day. While his play may not have seemed spectacular both Phil and Tiger commented about having to leave it below the hole to putt these greens. So ya’ gotta’ believe Gmac did that more often than not and certainly did it more than the guys you would have thought would have ended up at the top of the leader board.

Day 1: Tiger will bogey the first hole on day 1 and will be 3 over par. Phil will be 1 under.
Day 2: Tiger ends up making the cut by 1 stroke and is 1 over. Phil is 2 under. The leader, Lee Westwood, is at 3 under.
Day 3: Tiger ends up with a total of 2 over at the the end of the day. Phil 1 under, Westwood 4 under.
Day 4: Louis Oosthuizen wins. Rorry McIlroy ties for 2nd with Westwood. Mickelson ties for 3rd with Zach Johnson. Matt Kuchar and Davis Love III end up tied for 4th. Keegan Bradley is fifth. Tiger ends up in the top 10 but is never becomes a factor.

Day 1: Tiger will bogey the first hole on day 1 and will be 3 over par. Phil will be 1 under.
Day 2: Tiger ends up making the cut by 1 stroke and is 1 over. Phil is 2 under. The leader, Lee Westwood, is at 3 under.
Day 3: Tiger ends up with a total of 2 over at the the end of the day. Phil 1 under, Westwood 4 under.
Day 4: Louis Oosthuizen wins. Rorry McIlroy ties for 2nd with Westwood. Mickelson ties for 3rd with Zach Johnson. Matt Kuchar and Davis Love III end up tied for 4th. Keegan Bradley is fifth. Tiger ends up in the top 10 but is never becomes a factor.

No way the cut is only 2+. It was what? 4+ last year on one of the easier courses they've played.

Ok so.....

Scott Piercy hits absolute bombs.
Casey Martin's driving looked good, but iron play was short on all approaches.
Patrick Cantlay can chip in anything!
Tiger was bombing driver everywhere and on 15 he hit a stinger iron of sort and was only 15 yards behind Cantlay and Martin's drivers.
Stuart Cink's 3wd is beyond long.
DL III looks like he could contend.

So far that's what I got. Now im going to go play 18 somewhere.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Guys, this thread is from 2010...
The new US Open thread is in the contests section to go with the huge contest we have going on.

Perhaps lock this so the directional impaired don't take any wrong turns :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back