Ohio, Indiana & Surrounding Area chat thread

I don't THP anymore but happened to check in here randomly this evening. I wouldn mind it maybe in the fall when hopefully things calm down a bit if anyone is interested.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
E4073911-2EF8-43A6-85E9-EFB8238D6AD6.gif

Hello gang! Been awhile since posting here but this Covid19 stuff has me more focused on playing locally.
Is there any talk of getting an Ohio gathering together? I may have an interest in showing my old, limping game with you guys.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Hey, Coach! Maybe this time it won’t pour down on the third tee!

Hello gang! Been awhile since posting here but this Covid19 stuff has me more focused on playing locally.
Is there any talk of getting an Ohio gathering together? I may have an interest in showing my old, limping game with you guys.

If it's a date I can make, I'm definitely in!

Finally got the chance to play thewest 9 at Seneca, the Baldwin one. It is honestly a really good 9, and a real test of golf if you choose to tip it out at 3600+.. Played it with Chippewa and had a fun time minus hacking out of lots of fescue type crap. On the bright side it was only a foot long. Well worth checking out though.

Last edited:
We gonna do this Ohio (and surrounding friends)?

It’s time to set something up. If it fails due to stupid Covid, it fails. Rough times.

@mikedean441 -it’s yours if you wanna run with it. If not I can or anyone that wants to can, but it’s trending end of July. Time to go all in if we want a fall get together and start setting the pieces in place.

Doesn’t THP anymore? How’d you cut the cord? Lol!

Finally got the chance to play thewest 9 at Seneca, the Baldwin one. It is honestly a really good 9, and a real test of golf if you choose to tip it out at 3600+.. Played it with Chippewa and had a fun time minus hacking out of lots of fescue type crap. On the bright side it was only a foot long. Well worth checking out though.
Played this in Friday. I was pleasantly surprised that it was in such good shape. That 9 (Baldwin) is a good layout and a lot of fun.

We gonna do this Ohio (and surrounding friends)?

It’s time to set something up. If it fails due to stupid Covid, it fails. Rough times.

@mikedean441 -it’s yours if you wanna run with it. If not I can or anyone that wants to can, but it’s trending end of July. Time to go all in if we want a fall get together and start setting the pieces in place.

Doesn’t THP anymore? How’d you cut the cord? Lol!
I would love to see an ohio gathering but cannot put it together. I will keep checking back to if we can get one going.

I am totally down for an Ohio THP tournament of some sort. Who has led these in the past??

Most I’ve seen are mikedean441 and last year @PKorf did, but I understand he’s a little busy this year, lol.

I think maybe sometime in august we can plan for say October if that works for the masses.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I am down for that!

Have to check not out as I have been avoiding due to the old memories and meh layout. Do you reccomend baldwin and Chippewa then?

Have to check not out as I have been avoiding due to the old memories and meh layout. Do you reccomend baldwin and Chippewa then?
I would say Baldwin and Chippewa by a mile. That is unless you like OB left and crappy long stuff right on every single hole as it runs around the outside of the property. Nothing wrong with furnace run, just not interesting besides like 1 hole. Stay off back A though, not worth paying 1 cent to play.

Anyone near Stow that has a. 355 wedge shaft laying around? I leave for vacation in the morning and need to glue this up ASAP and my shaft I ordered didn't Arrive like it was supposed too!

I’m going to be in Greenville Ohio on Tuesday for a business meeting. Am thinking of golfing there in the afternoon if it’s worth it. What’s the best course within 20 minutes of the area or should I just get an early start for home?

I’m going to be in Greenville Ohio on Tuesday for a business meeting. Am thinking of golfing there in the afternoon if it’s worth it. What’s the best course within 20 minutes of the area or should I just get an early start for home?
Turtle Creek is in Greenville and have heard good things about it but never played. Depending on what direction home is maybe others fairly cliose.

Turtle Creek is in Greenville and have heard good things about it but never played. Depending on what direction home is maybe others fairly cliose.

I live in Indiana about 45 mins from the border. Nothing between there and here unfortunately. From what I’ve seen turtle creek and beechwood are my options.

Turtlecreek is a great option, it is narrow and longer for this area, Beechwood is a 27 hole course I’d play woodland and creek side if available. Of those two Turtlecreek is the nicer of the two options course wise. Stillwater in Versailles is another great option it is a nice course not extremely long great price but no range.

Any Columbus, OH recommendations for a round in late August?

Any Columbus, OH recommendations for a round in late August?

Get to Virtues Golf Club! I would say it is is the one of the best if not the best public course in Ohio.

Get to Virtues Golf Club! I would say it is is the one of the best if not the best public course in Ohio.

Agree with this one... also check out Bent Tree / North Star is going north or Golf Club of Dublin.... Royal American was somewhat unique.

Agree with this one... also check out Bent Tree / North Star is going north or Golf Club of Dublin.... Royal American was somewhat unique.

If you had to pick one as a visitor, what would you go with? I'm shocked at how cheap Bent Tree is for 18!

If you had to pick one as a visitor, what would you go with? I'm shocked at how cheap Bent Tree is for 18!

Virtues / North Star (havent played) #1/2 and then huge difference to Golf Club Dublin / Royal American / Bent Tree.... Tons of fun courses in Columbus depending on what price range is, but Virtues is ranked top 100 courses nationally and a true beauty

Virtues is the best public option in Ohio. Denison Golf Club in Granville OH is close to Virtues. If you would want to play 36 at two courses. Virtues and Dension would be a good day of golf.

Virtues is the best public option in Ohio. Denison Golf Club in Granville OH is close to Virtues. If you would want to play 36 at two courses. Virtues and Dension would be a good day of golf.

I have not played Denison but have heard great things. And it is a great price point as well.

Back