Easy going music could be nice to hear while playing.

When I read this one sentence I had the sudden funny picture of "The Masters" music playing before and after each shot. You know that piano thing they play as a lead in and outro from the limited commercial breaks. :D

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

I'm a person that loves music. I listen to it everywhere, except the golf course. It actually drives me crazy hearing even good music two fairways away. Perhaps I'm a traditionalist, perhaps I just like the sound of the course (ie. nature and random cussing).

That being said, one of my funnest experiences golfing was playing in the local CC's Member Guest Tourny and competing in the Derby. Each flight teed off together and 4 carts were all playing different music and loud. Between Garth being drowned out by Tupac and the smack talk going on mid swing, it was a great experience.

One guy in our league plays music in his golf cart. (no ear buds) Though my hearing sucks and it doesn't bother me, I feel it is low class. He is of course one of the local "rich people" with an "I don't care if others like it or not attitude" and can basically get away with anything..

Ok with ear buds in IF you pay attention to the game..

JMHO

:drinks:

A couple of guys I play with play Pandora on their phone. Most of the time, there's no competition involved, so it never bothered me. Then they started doing it during league, and it turned out that it didn't bother me there either. I suppose there would be a difference if it was blasting out or overly loud, but it never is, and I kind of like having the music there. For whatever reason, it helps me empty my mind.

~Rock

I suppose there would be a difference if it was blasting out or overly loud, but it never is, and I kind of like having the music there. For whatever reason, it helps me empty my mind.
~Rock

That was my feeling, too. I may try it next time I play alone.

In our case, there was only one time when other players could hear: while we were waiting at a double tee box. Thankfully, the other team didn't seem to mind and complimented him on his music selection.

Listening to music on the course

Listening to music on the course

There's a growing trend that I've noticed in the past few years, and now take part in. Who else plays Pandora, Spotify, or IheartRadio on their phone during a round? I've been playing competitive golf for 20 years, and have always been one that likes silence. However, after playing some good tunes on the phone i've found it actually helps more than it would hurt. It relaxes you, it keeps your mind of mechanics, and makes you feel comfortable.

I know the old timers hate it, but i'm telling you it works.

As long as you keep it to yourself, fine. But I don't want to hear it. And if you have earphones on (and even f you don't), don't blame me when you didn't hear me yell fore.

I have a speaker that connects to my phone via Bluetooth that I use sometimes for some tunes. Usually when I am alone. A guy in our regular group drives me crazy with his, though.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I like to stream Star 94.1 out of San Diego when I play at times. San Diego mellows me out.

I also have quite a few friends that like to play with an smartphone blaring pandora. I use those times to prepare for tournament level competition. It seems to help me focus.

I personally don't play music when I play, but a couple of the regulars that I play with use a phone and a speaker and it dosen't bother me. After the first couple of holes it is just white noise. If the round is playing slow its not as bad to sit back and wait on the tee box every hole, helps to pass the time.

I listen to classical or EDM on the range to get moving, but on the course my group can be talkative so I refrain from putting the buds in.

I play alone a lot before/after work and always have earbuds in. I prefer EDM such as deadmau5 because its upbeat and doesn't have a lot of lyrics. Music keeps me Ina positive state of mind which helps my game.

I play alone a lot before/after work and always have earbuds in. I prefer EDM such as deadmau5 because its upbeat and doesn't have a lot of lyrics. Music keeps me Ina positive state of mind which helps my game.

Love me some Deadmau5. Strobe is my favorite track to get in a groove.

Hell yeah EDM is the best range music. Deadmau5's the Veldt (Tommy Trash remix) is one track that gets me going. I've caught myself fist pumping a few times lol.

Music on the course

Music on the course

I play a lot of rounds with a friend and co-worker. We're both easy going but we take the game seriously. Last year he began bringing his iPod hooked up to a little speaker and we listen to music during our rounds. It's usually mellow stuff like jam bands or old Bob Dylan. We don't crank it and we adjust the volume based on the proximity of other groups. We often get paired up with other players and surprisingly most of them enjoy or at least don't mind it. I know there are a lot of old school players and purists who would find it obnoxious. I'm curious as to what everyone's take is when it comes to music on the golf course.

I do it as well, but only with friends. If I get paired up with anyone I turn it off

Merged with another thread.

I hate music on the course.

My bad, didn't see the original thread. My answer was there the whole time

There's a growing trend that I've noticed in the past few years, and now take part in. Who else plays Pandora, Spotify, or IheartRadio on their phone during a round? I've been playing competitive golf for 20 years, and have always been one that likes silence. However, after playing some good tunes on the phone i've found it actually helps more than it would hurt. It relaxes you, it keeps your mind of mechanics, and makes you feel comfortable.

I know the old timers hate it, but i'm telling you it works.

100% agree. I wasn't against it at first but I found it strange. After a couple holes I was hooked. It makes the round a whole lot of fun. It's amazing how a distraction like music can free your mind and take away a lot of the stressful pre-shot thoughts that go through your head. I listen to relaxing mellow music, usually old folk like Doc Watson or Norman Blake. It really does calm down the mind.

For those of you who claim you play worse because of music, try blaming it on your own swing. While listening to music on the course, I've shot some great rounds and I've shot some terrible rounds. Either way, it had nothing to do with the music. Have an open mind.

I always thought that some tunes would be fun on the course, specially when there are long wait times. My kids have a tiny monkey-speaker that I may give a try - if it works out I'll foot the bill for the iBeats bullet thingy. Ear/headphones just seem rude, tho.

I like it. I fire up the Google Play machine every now and then. No big deal as long it doesn't bother others I figure.

I play a lot of rounds with a friend and co-worker. We're both easy going but we take the game seriously. Last year he began bringing his iPod hooked up to a little speaker and we listen to music during our rounds. It's usually mellow stuff like jam bands or old Bob Dylan. We don't crank it and we adjust the volume based on the proximity of other groups. We often get paired up with other players and surprisingly most of them enjoy or at least don't mind it. I know there are a lot of old school players and purists who would find it obnoxious. I'm curious as to what everyone's take is when it comes to music on the golf course.

I would absolutely hate it if somebody in my group or in a group next to me was playing audible music. If you want to listen to music, wear ear buds.

I like it. I fire up the Google Play machine every now and then. No big deal as long it doesn't bother others I figure.

Exactly - as long as you are taking others' consideration into account above all else, then it is a non-issue. However, most people at my local courses can't even say "FORE" or fix their ball marks on the green, so I don't imagine they'd be too courteous to others if they started playing music.

As long as the music isn't obnoxiously loud, I've never had a problem with it. I don't need to have complete silence when I'm hitting.

I've got a radio in my cart and listen to music fairly often when I play. More often that not, I listen to country, but have everything from Hank Williams, Jr., Garth Brooks, Little Big Town and the Oakridge Boys to Lynyrd Skynrd, Motley Crew, Bob Seger, Nickelback and Hinder.
You really just never know what song I'm going to listen to next.

Back