mdbuschsr

Just playing for fun
Reaction score
Handicap
OOB 17.3
I play 80+% of my rounds alone. Recently, I found that I really liked having some music going in the background to take my mind away between shots. I bought a little external set of speakers that my iPod plays through. The sound isn't great but it get's the job done, and I can keep the volume low enough so as not to distract others or be a *FORE* danger to myself.

Recently I tried 80's hair bands on the front 9, and the standards (think Sinatra, Dean Martin, etc.) on the back. The differences were obvious and staggering. If you listen to music on the course or on the range, what is it?

I have tried this, with not great results. I would start singing and my concentration would wane. Off the tee it was ok, everywhere else for me it is a no.

I like doing it when I'm playing alone, I'll listen to practically anything but country, anything on my ipod from led zep to Def leppard. I'm good with music on/off.

Back when I use to be able to squeeze in 18 after work by myself, I would have my ear buds in with my iPod going. I enjoyed it, but that has been some years ago.

I stopped going to the range that I drive past on my way home because they insist on blaring country music across the range

I stopped going to the range that I drive past on my way home because they insist on blaring country music across the range

One of the ones down here has a sports bar attached to it. Pitcher beer at your table by the range and TVs all over the place as well, its a fun place if you can handle the distractions.

I always listen to music at the range but never the course. Usually new rock.

I used to play with a guy who wore 2 black gloves, tees in the back of both gloves and ear buds in his ears listening to his Ipod. I never ask him what he listened to but he said it relaxed him.

I've never listened to music on the course or on the range. I have heard it from other people's carts occasionally.

I always have my headphones but only listen to anything if im playing with a couple who is doing more arguing than golfing or if someone leaves the cell phone on and gets call's and text's throughout the round. It's usually john lee hooker or something like that.

I simply sing to myself the whole round. I have the voice of an angle.

In reality I don't play music out on the course. I'm there for some peace and quite and some golf, I can listen to music any time.

30 or 90 degree?

I listen to tunes on the range pretty often, my ipod is loaded with a wide array of stuff from Earth Wind and Fire, Dokken, Matchbox Twenty, Queensryche, Motley Crue, and Sixx A.M.

I often listen to music on the range, to block out other people.

Thanks for the replies so far. I'm just wanting to build my library a little. I don't play music every time out, because I do like the piece and quiet. But occasionally the silence is deafening.

Headset is usually on when I am on the range. The only time I listen to music is when I am in a few custom golf carts in Miami. Other than that it's the sweet music I make with my clubs

I'm not much of a music person so I've never taken music with me in a portable device. I've played with people who will bring a radio in the cart and it has never done much for me other than lose focus at times. I used to take a small radio with me to the course on weekends to keep up the Cardinals game if they were playing, but with smartphones now, that isn't necessary anymore.

I have a mix of almost every single genre on my ipod that I play on the course and at the range. I have a ton of classic rock, hip hop and some country. My wife has a ton of 80's music and newer hipster music. All her songs get mixed in with mine as we share itunes playlists. I havent found a song that throws me off yet. I have been a huge music fan my entire life and would think that without it I would play worse.

I have a friend that likes to stream sporting events or TV shows on his phone. When we're sharing a cart, I ask him to shut it off. to each his own but cripes that's annoying.

I go golfing to get away from other distractions so for me, no music.

Listen to music all of the time. Nothing better than a Friday afternoon round by yourself with a few good tunes. Even when I play with a group, we normally have one iPhone going with a speaker. I wish they made an app that would allow you to play the same songs at the same time in two different carts.

I don't bring a radio or music device with me howeer I have been practicing singing :guitar:, "There's gonna be a heartache tonight, a heartache tonight I know", for the other teams in the 2012 May THP Outing :D!

On the course.. no music for me. I like to take in all of the sounds... birds chirping...leaves rustling...balls riccocheting off of trees. When at the range though and my coach isn't there I've discovered my iPod. Stevie Ray Vaughn, Tool, The Trews, The Headstones, Alice in Chains and some country to name a few.

Alex

Im fine with people listening to music on the course as long as its kept a low volume. If youre on the next hole and I can hear your music, I wont be happy about it.
I personally would never listen to music on the course because to me it would distract my focus from my golf game, but to each their own.

Back