Me and ole gray played to Bob Marley over the weekend. Very good mix on pandora.

Me and ole gray played to Bob Marley over the weekend. Very good mix on pandora.

I enjoyed the heck out of that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of the players in my monthly group have been bumping bluetooth speakers/music over the last few years and I've greatly enjoyed it so I finally jumped on board and sprung for a Bose Soundlink and loaded up an old 16gig iphone 4 to play music playlists. We play in the foothills a lot with spotty cell coverage so Pandora jams won't usually work.

I make a habit to turn it off/way down when around other non-group players or by the clubhouse as I'm not sure everyone like Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath and Tool as much as I do............oh and Pearl Jam's live bootlegs are freaking sublime and perfect for golfing.

I'd only had one round where I played with music (it was a league night and it was sub night, so instead of two on a team, it was three, so I just went with it). But didn't really care for it. Whenever I hear music on the course it was because people didn't give a crap about anyone else and was blaring it as loud as they wanted, so it soured me on the whole thig.

This weekend at the staff retreat, I played a round with it and it was fine. No blaring, no infringing on other groups. So today, I used Prime Music from Amazon for the first time (used the All 70s station, since during the round I knew all of TWO songs during the entire round and I kinda like to know at least some of the words to the songs!) on the course and it was good. Just used the phone speaker, and at full volume, it was loud enough to hear and not make anyone else listen.

Might keep doing it . . .

Generally on a Saturday afternoon during comp we throw on the AFL (Australia Football) and listen to whoever is playing as we go around. If I get the opportunity to practice during the week and head out for the walk I listen to local sports radio stations.

I don't mind it at low volume. I was playing the other day and during my tee shot a guy whips in BLASTING AC/DC. Now, normally I don't mind being shook all night long, but when it's unexpected, and in the middle of my swing, it's a bit rude. Low volume so you can hear it in your cart, and just outside is fine, anything higher could distract other golfers and isn't very polite.

Since I usually walk while playing golf it isn't practical to bring a player along, but I have one buddy who has Hall and Oates in his cart and it was fine.

However, when I play, I find that it helps my game to have a song going in my head - it could be Justin Timberlake or Crystal Method or Led Zeppelin or Bobby Darin. "Somewhere beyond the sea" pops into my head when everyone has hit theirs into the water and I'm about to hit mine.

I usually get a tune going in my head that matches my swing tempo and carry it through the entire round. I play my best when I do that.

I have a small Bluetooth speaker that I use, mostly when I play solo....that and Pandora makes for a nice afternoon

When I walk, and I know I am alone, I will bring a lightweight speaker and play it just loud enough for me to hear, making sure that I turn it off as I make the turn.
I will sometimes just pop on my phone's speakers and play something.
When I am out with frineds, someone usually has music going - not an issue for me.

I use a Bluetooth speaker on the course pretty frequently whether walking with a pushcart or in a cart. I usually keep it pretty low especially when it's busy and always pause it when I come up on a busy tee. I don't want to impact anyone else's game. I really enjoy listening to music when I play.

It doesnt bother me either way. Usually can tune it out when I set up.

Love music. Definitely makes me more relaxed. But just loud enough I can hear it without it interfering with the others.
Just NO country.

Lately my playing partner has had a wireless speaker in the cart with us. It has been enjoyable between shots. To be honest though I can't remember hearing anything during my swings because I block out everything when I get ready to hit a shot.

90's hip hop, 80's, classic rock shuffling

I'd only had one round where I played with music (it was a league night and it was sub night, so instead of two on a team, it was three, so I just went with it). But didn't really care for it. Whenever I hear music on the course it was because people didn't give a crap about anyone else and was blaring it as loud as they wanted, so it soured me on the whole thig.

This weekend at the staff retreat, I played a round with it and it was fine. No blaring, no infringing on other groups. So today, I used Prime Music from Amazon for the first time (used the All 70s station, since during the round I knew all of TWO songs during the entire round and I kinda like to know at least some of the words to the songs!) on the course and it was good. Just used the phone speaker, and at full volume, it was loud enough to hear and not make anyone else listen.

Might keep doing it . . .

OK, so I am hooked. Been listening to classic rock (60s and 70s mostly). If I play alone I'll probably listen to country, the 70s and 80s.

May have converted a 72 year old today. He wanted to listen to 70s country, and that was OK with me. After the round he said he enjoyed the music.

Back