One Ball for Entire Year?

TP5Pix! Primarily the Ricky version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1898617B-FCF8-4624-9312-998A443349E5.jpeg

Easily the Bridgestone TB...really enjoy those balls and end up coming back after trying most. Just all-around confidenceish

I try to stick with what works. I may experiment with different balls at the start of the year but will try to settle in and use that one the rest of the year.

I will find some leftovers from previous years occasionally and use those

I could easily game one ball the whole year. It would probably be the easiest piece of equipment to commit to. Choosing which one between Chrome Soft, ProV1X Snell and Bridgestone would be tough but once I decided I would have no problem sticking with it.

Besides using some left overs from the previous year, I played the Srixon Q-Star Tour all year long.

I am getting closer and closer to just playing one ball. I think switching all the time is bad for my game.

if I had to commit today it I would be the Bridgestone BX ball.

but will the new titleist, and srixon balls coming soon. I will have to try everything then see.

Over the winter I'm planning to test the Chrome Soft against Chrome Soft X on launch monitor and decide from there. Kind-of wish I hadn't fallen in love with Triple Track lol

Absolutely.

I played RX and RXS for the entire year - it isn’t one ball technically but it’s as close as I’ve ever gotten.

I have played the same ball for several years. I'm not averse to switching it up, but I have never found a reason for which to do so.

I could easily game the CSX TT right now. Snell MTBx also on the radar.

I could play Titleist all year and jump from Tour Speed, AVX and -ProV1x

Playing one ball the whole year might not be my forte. I like to change up the look every so often. Plus I know already have 2-3 balls I want to spend more time with in 2021. By name - Snell MTB-X, ChromeSoft X, I need another dozen or three of TP5x Pix2.0m and hopeful that Z Star might have a new models coming out this winter. And those are just the challengers - my favorites are ZStar XV and TourB X for the last few years. If not for so many options I've not tried, I could easily be content. They are both awesome choices.

May ultimately settle on 1 this year but I have several dozen balls to use up. I really like the B RXS and would lean towards that as the 1 ball.

This is a great thread, because I just asked this question to over 100 golfers at a rather affluent country club and the results were really interesting.

Outside of playing a random ball they found, over 70% of them play the same ball every single round. I was shocked by that.

That matches with my observation the last decade at the two private clubs I’ve been at. My last club only sold Titleist balls and 80% of the members there played only Titleist, almost all ProV1. It made me switch to Snell and I haven’t tried much else since. I played about 5 rounds last year with the Z-Star, a few with a TP5x, and the remaining 70+ rounds with Snell MTB-X. I will try a different/new ball for a few rounds but I really like playing a Snell because nobody I’ve run across does. No need to mark my ball and no confusion on the greens like we had at my last club.

Golf balls are like potato chips, you can't play just one. You go into a season intending to play just one but along the way something else catches your eye and before you know it, you have a dozen of those (again and again).

Yes, for the past 3 or 4 seasons I have almost exclusively gamed a Pro V. I have the times where i put one in the water a play a ball i found on the course . Why the Pro v? I work at a course and basically have between 40-60 dozen that I have accumulated while cleaning carts or searching the course during down time. Just about all of them have the hit once and lost look to them. Any surface marks...back to the woods you go!

Now if I didn't have that job i'm sure i'd probably game a different ball every round!

I never have, but I'm sure I could. I switch to a high vis ball in the fall, so I'd most likely go with a Z Star XV or MTB-X in yellow. My current fall ball is a matte green Maxfli Tour, and I think I could play that ball year round as well.

Yes.

I’d go ProV1 in yellow.

Left Dash for the next year unless I dive deep into AVX or RX

I have played the same model ball for a couple of years at a time. Maxfli Revolution, Bridgestone B330s, and Titleist Tour Balata and ProV2.

If I decided to do it, it would be the Bridgestone Tour B XS most likely or whatever new ball Bridgestone might have.

ProV1x would do -there may be better balls marginally for me but this ball performs very well overall, although I do like trying others

It depends on who is picking it. I wouldn’t be opposed to playing anything, but I definitely wouldn’t commit to using a premium ball for a whole year...I lose too many to be able to afford that.

Back