One Length Irons Thread: Join the Revolution

Which prototype shaft? The ones in my irons?

They are UST Mamiya Recoil Proto which is part of their line.
Our THP Experiences always come with equipment for every participant and in the last one we did with UST Mamiya, they made custom shafts to go in the iron set that everybody received.
So just the color change on the shafts sounds like. I ordered mine with the Recoil 95 today is why I was curious. Thanks for the quick reply!!

Reactions: JB
So just the color change on the shafts sounds like. I ordered mine with the Recoil 95 today is why I was curious. Thanks for the quick reply!!

Correct, here is a look at the last couple of we have done.
Each of our Experiences come with up to a full bag of equipment for every participant.

A18CC324-DD48-44AE-AB16-8934F83C1671.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 1.26.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-26 at 1.26.52 PM.png

So I've been thinking about setting up a fitting for the RADSPEED irons, but I've been hitting my F9's very well the past couple weeks. Now I think I want to hold off ....

I also picked up a King MIM 52* wedge to gap between my F9 GW and my King OL 56*. It's only about an inch to an inch and a quarter shorter, so there isn't much of a setup adjustment for me. It's filling the gap perfectly for me.

Trying to settle on my MC bag and was wondering, has anyone hit the OL Radspeed with the 780 ES Smacwrap shafts? Currently playing the Recoil Proto 95s in F4 and wondering how close these would be in playability.

Trying to settle on my MC bag and was wondering, has anyone hit the OL Radspeed with the 780 ES Smacwrap shafts? Currently playing the Recoil Proto 95s in F4 and wondering how close these would be in playability.

They will be a little less tip stiff and will dampen vibration a bit more.

Ordered mine yesterday. 4-SW with a 56 bent to 58 Snakebite wedge to boot. 36 1/2” long with Recoil 95s in them. I’ve played OL on a few occasions for short periods but will stick to it a while this time!

I was working on other things today, but did hot some shots with my OL Forged Tec PW. In a word, high. Like, really high.

I have the 780 ES SmacWrap in mine. These are my first graphite iron shafts, so I’m not sure how much help I can be, but certainly open to any questions you might have.

They will be a little less tip stiff and will dampen vibration a bit more.
So I should see a little more height and be ok with these in F4? Also what are your thoughts on stepping down to a F3 in my hybrid and 4, 5 iron to get a easier launch and more height? Love picking your brain!

So a little (?) higher ball flight than with the Recoil Proto 95s?

Tip stiffness does not necessarily equate to higher ball flight. It very much could equate to higher initial launch.

So I should see a little more height and be ok with these in F4? Also what are your thoughts on stepping down to a F3 in my hybrid and 4, 5 iron to get a easier launch and more height? Love picking your brain!

Im not sure changing flex will bring more peak height. It could bring a little more launch if the goal is up higher quickly. It would be really hard to say without some data in my opinion.

Is the carbon top line on all the irons?? Looks like in a video I watched some, possibly the lower irons, the carbon was not there. Can some confirm please?

Just the "longer" irons. 6i and above?

7i and above on my set... just double checked my pictures

As I try to settle on wedges, has anyone tried the Radspeed OL SW? With the GW being 48° I need something to fill in between that and the Snakebite OL at 56° and still remain in OL.

As I try to settle on wedges, has anyone tried the Radspeed OL SW? With the GW being 48° I need something to fill in between that and the Snakebite OL at 56° and still remain in OL.
Last week I ordered the Rad OL SW 1* strong, and the OL Snakebite 56 1* weak, so I should know shortly once they ship... Gave me a little more of a gap between them.

I guess I am on board, or will be in a little while. I placed an order for Wishon EQ1-NXs. Six iron through Sand Wedge, with 4 and 5 hybrids. They are back ordered until the end of April. I got them with stiff FTS 90 shafts. I've only been playing since August, and switching clubs has been a big problem for me. I actually play better when I bring out only four clubs than my full bag.

I've been thinking how much my swing consistency has improved over the past month with OL. I've been chasing ball position, swing plane, back swing length, club path throughout my irons ever since I've tried to get back in the game a couple years ago. Being able to focus on a single swing has "fixed" a lot of that.

Second part to that thought, I believe I could go back to my VL set without much issue and build off that consistency with only minor adjustments from a stable base swing. Might be something I test in a few weeks here. If that works, keeping a OL set nearby to "reset" my swing with a few weeks work might be kinda awesome.

My Forged Tecs are finally being delivered today :D

As a beginner who is still desperately trying to hit the ball with any consistency, the concept of OL really intrigues me. I'm taking lessons again and my instructor has been focusing on my 7i swing, and I'm starting to see some real improvement (the ball doesn't go exactly where or how far I want it to, of course, but at least I'm no longer hitting 3-4 inches behind the ball). I might see if I can find a single OL club (probably used) to practice with and see what it feels like. I am definitely someone who struggles even more with the longer clubs, and right now I'm just looking for consistent contact in my iron game, so OL clubs are definitely on my radar.

Back