One Toy From Childhood

Train sets - my father and grandfather build us a track set up in the basement to keep us kids occupied during Wisconsin winters
Our aluminum flying saucer sleds for outdoors.

This bad boy. Took me everywhere. Seems like I was never home as a kid during the summers and this was all I wanted so when I got it I was in heaven
View attachment 9168071
Man this brings back some memories. I have a sorry about mine. I was able to track down the Dyno Air I had as a kid and that my grandpa bought me from the friend of a friend, and bought it back. Then I took it apart and completely restored it. I actually bout another to get some parts and restored that one too, just haven’t assembled it yet. Here it is:
4C86D0AA-50EA-4806-8981-C1B3588AD87C.jpeg

Late 70's Spider-Man was huge. I got a wall climbing Spider-Man that had a hook or loop you could hang on something & he pulled himself up... Best Christmas gift ever...

A metal Tonka Dump Truck.

I also had the Grader, and Dozer.

I moved a lot of dirt in my much younger days.
I never had those. Neighbor kids did. Always wanted them. Bought them for my boys. Never played with them... Have them for potential grandkids... funny thi g youngest son is thinking about going into heavy construction/earthwork because we have a friend offering him a job...

I never had those. Neighbor kids did. Always wanted them. Bought them for my boys. Never played with them... Have them for potential grandkids... funny thi g youngest son is thinking about going into heavy construction/earthwork because we have a friend offering him a job...
Nothing wrong with "dirt work". 😀

Pogs.

Definitely my bike. First taste of freedom. Like many (I'm sure) I would leave in the morning and be back for dinner (sometimes come home for lunch). Man I rode EVERYWHERE with my bike. When I told my mom as an adult all the places that I took that bike during the summer she was mortified. Many of those places were 10 miles+ from home. Being a latch key kid in the 80s during the summer may have been the pinnacle of childhood in the entire history of man. Fishing poles, back packs full of fireworks, Walkman with fresh batteries. The money that I'd give to just re-live one month of that time.......

Man, I had a few great toys I enjoyed as a kid but overall I'd have to go bike(s)...dirt bike(s) if they count.

Creepy Crawlers or Incredible Edibles along with the plates that you could make cars with.

The BMX post's are bringing back some memories. I had a Cooks brother's and a JMC with the small European style crank bearings. Had a couple Mongoose bikes as well.

This thread is such an amazing throw back.....

Huge thanks to all those that posted. So fun seeing the pics and remembering. Think I owned or recall nearly all the old school ones.

IMG_6341.jpeg

My pride and joy right here. My brothers sold it for $20 when I was in college :mad:

p1160016_blowup.jpg

I had one of these and it got stolen..... :confused:

Also had a killer green Mongoose that was also stolen....right in front of me. I ran after the kid but couldn't catch him.

Great and sad memories! :) All good... a character builder.

I'm so old we didn't even have official 'bmx' bikes when I was growing up. We had the idea and vision though...lol and built our own bmxsteins out of various bike parts. Man, I'm surprised I/we survived half of the stuff we tried back in the day. :ROFLMAO:

Do sporting goods count as a toy? I was always throwing a baseball or tennis ball depending if I was inside or outside. I still remember throwing a ball about 50 feet at a 4” circle target for hours. It was some decorative metal piece attached to our garbage can hider but for me it was a catcher’s mitt. Didn’t even get in trouble when I eventually broke it.

This bad boy. Took me everywhere. Seems like I was never home as a kid during the summers and this was all I wanted so when I got it I was in heaven
View attachment 9168071

Oh man, that Dyno is bada**! You and @BigDill, thanks for posting. I was really into BMX, I always admired the GT's and Dyno's... I ended up with a Diamond Back Cool Streak Mike Dominguez.... very similar to this Hot Streak.
1680360477498.png

Honorable mention for best toys of the 80's goes to three-wheelers! I had one of these and thrashed it.
1680360687563.png

A pink rubber ball we used to play "step ball".

Oh man, that Dyno is bada**! You and @BigDill, thanks for posting. I was really into BMX, I always admired the GT's and Dyno's... I ended up with a Diamond Back Cool Streak Mike Dominguez.... very similar to this Hot Streak.
View attachment 9168408

Honorable mention for best toys of the 80's goes to three-wheelers! I had one of these and thrashed it.
View attachment 9168413
That diamond back is freaking sick! Those were what’s up.

That diamond back is freaking sick! Those were what’s up.

I spent my childhood poring over BMX Plus, Dirt Wheels, and Golf Digest. I have stayed true to my hobbies if nothing else. LOL!

My pride and joy right here. My brothers sold it for $20 when I was in college :mad:

p1160016_blowup.jpg

GTFO - that is criminal! I remember those GT Performers. Sick! Also - Talk to me about that Hutch in the background :oops: 🔥

I know I'm not the only one on here old enough to remember having cap guns. We had a blast with them, and no one worried about us little kids pointing toy guns at each other.

capguns.jpg

Back