One Toy From Childhood

A basketball.

2-on-2 or 3-on-3 wars among the cousins. First to 50 started a :10 clock to halftime. First to 100 did the same for the 2nd half. That old dirt court was the best basketball floor we ever played on.

BB guns. Shooting range in the basement. Used to crawl out of my bedroom window and set army men on the roof, then pick them off. Necco wafers, ritz crackers, pop cans, empty shotgun shells, model cars, you name it. Left the birdies alone like a good boy. When I was 14 I worked all summer for a Beeman and would shoot aspirin with it.

Army men and Nerf Hoop

gameboy

Big Wheel

1680202218091.png

Probably my yellow Tonka dumptruck. Man, I hauled a lot of rocks and sand in that thing!

One... probably go with G.I. Joe.

I still have my collection of GI Joe, Ninja Turtles, Hot Wheels, and Legos...

Big Wheel with the side brake.

Super Van City!

WqbFhfnab9p9L2GXcuvJmOtsrgyFqdNs12pOEMiJ-fY.jpg

We had an above ground pool that was oval shaped. My Grandfather hand built a deck on the long side w/ a door for access underneath to pool pump. That door was perfect height & width for strike zone so we put the plate right in front of it. Take a pitch at your own risk.

Micro machines were untouchable and the fast talking commercials made them even better.

oh man, so many options. probably bikes or skateboards as they were how I got to where we played with the other stuff.
1680203161671.png

Do arcade games count? If not, then...

iu

Caught off the house was an out in our backyard. Had to go over for HR (was a bomb) or real cheapie if you could pull it over 6ft gate in our fence. Hard to keep it fair though.
Yup. You had to pull it to deep left to bounce it off the neighbor's roof and into their backyard to make sure nobody could catch it off the roof for an out.

Plus you got a free cookie from our neighbor Linda when you would go and grab the ball from her backyard. :ROFLMAO:

Lego

Back