One Toy From Childhood

This bad boy. Took me everywhere. Seems like I was never home as a kid during the summers and this was all I wanted so when I got it I was in heaven
View attachment 9168071

My pride and joy right here. My brothers sold it for $20 when I was in college :mad:

p1160016_blowup.jpg

Y'all mentioned Hot Wheels. I was never fortunate enough to get many of those. I got the Matchbox cars, Ertl trucks, and guarded the Tonka truck I got 3rd hand like my life depended on it.:D

Hot Wheels 100%, still have a ton of them. :)

20230330_131419.jpg

Man so many good ones but probably going to have to go with the bike, rode it daily and everywhere. Now smaller toys GI joes, Transformers, TMNT, Micro Machines all a phase where they were on top.

Those handheld electronic Mattel sports games (football and baseball in particular).

s-l1600.png
41WNJDW246L._AC_.jpg

Pretty much this one
Screenshot_20230330_142150_Chrome.jpg
Think my mom still has it😆. Daredevil would be an understatement. Have the scars and stories.

Those handheld electronic Mattel sports games (football and baseball in particular).

s-l1600.png
41WNJDW246L._AC_.jpg
Reminds me I need to get mine out and see if they still work!

• Sad
Reactions: J4U
Mine are long gone, unfortunately.

They remade them. Got one for my brother. Orange button to the left twice, up and down until the dim blip is two spaces from the bright blip. Pass. Run through the holes. Da na, da na, da na na na na. Kick off…..

Switch game for bag of Doritos, your turn.

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Mine are long gone, unfortunately.
They all still work!

Even remembered the pattern on the football quarterback, well three screens anyway😜.

4 C batteries for the galaxian, and I had them on hand haha. But only 1 9V on hand. They all need a cleaning
20230330_144832.jpg
Need to solder the battery connection wires on the soccer. Pretty impressive they still power up!

G1 Powermaster Optimus Prime.

1680209889087.png

Single break .22/.410

For Christmas shortly before my 10th birthday, I got an HO scale slot car set, exactly like the one pictured below. I didn’t know it at the time, but it brought out my aptitude for what became my career as a service technician. I learned about electrical and mechanical operations. Plus it provided me with hundreds of hours of fun.

IMG_0287.jpeg

61JVGaloY7L._AC_SX679_.jpg

Lego and Construx.

Kiddo has my Construx pulled out now and makes me build stuff for him lol

TMNT or GI Joes for me. Still remember the day one of my GI Joes met his demise under the lawn mower. I only found his upper body, never did find his legs...
I left Snake Eyes in a high vantage point on the light bulb of a lamp at my grandma's house one Saturday afternoon. She called me for dinner, and I forgot all about it until later on when the lamp started smoking and dripping our poor ninja friend out of it.....

Got my first real BMX bike when I was 10. I rode the wheels off of it and treated it like gold until I turned 16. Once I got my license the bike was dead to me.

Hot Wheels and waffle ball.

Hot wheels and train sets

Back