Orlando Golf Stores

Islander

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey Guys
There seems to be quite a few people on this board from Orlando and was wondering what stores are the go to stores for Hackers :D I always hear of people finding screaming deals in the southern states and I want to be one of those people. I am not really looking for 2011 stuff, and not opposed to second hand stuff, so if there are some high quality used places that would be excellent. Also I need to get a set of grips, so if there are any places down there that has a grip deal on next week that would be awesome.
Thanks for any help.

Golf Galaxy and Edwin Watts are two that are very good.

But in reality there is a golf store on every corner and many of them have bargain bins.

Also Orlando is a pretty big area, so a lot of it would depend where you are staying.

There seem to be Edwin Watts stores everywhere. There is also a Golf Galaxy near International. I think its off of Sand Lake.

When I was there (or near there) I went to Edwinn Watts and Golf Smith.

TBH The staff at both had no idea what they were talking about which was unfortunate.

I think we are staying on the East side of Orlando? I don't know. I am willing to drive if there is a must go place.

I think we are staying on the East side of Orlando? I don't know. I am willing to drive if there is a must go place.

Not much on the east side of town (I live there). There's an Edwin Watts on Semoran (a couple minutes north of the airport) but it's relatively small compared to their superstore (off Sand Lake on Turkey Lake Rd). If I were to choose I'd go to that one. Golf Galaxy is on the opposite side of Sand Lake. If you want used clubs the Golfsmith on Millenia has a lot. That's about 10 mins north and east on I4 from the 2 other stores.

Just avoid at all cost those "factory brand" type stores (mostly on IDrive). Those are tourist traps and offer nothing.

Im going to need someone to swap shafts in two iron sets when I get down there. So looks like edwin watts or golf galaxy it is.

Ditto what everyone said about Golf Galaxy and Edwin Watts. GolfSmith has a large selection of used clubs and they also have a section of the store dedicated to gripping and repairs. The nice thing about the used clubs is the price sticker usually has a date on it that I assume is when the item was placed on their shelf. The Golfsmith at Millenia is larger than the one at Altamonte. If you want to make a trifecta, go to the Edwin Watts and Golf Galaxy in Dr Phillips area and GolfSmith at Millenia. They are all fairly close to one another, just go at a non prime time to avoid traffic.

Back