I love this haha. This is a done deal. Depends just the when it sounds like. Interested to see what happens to the other conference members.

I really don’t care, but it will suck from a scheduling standpoint because LSU won’t play Auburn every year in any realignment, and that is one of my favorite games...

F16642AA-DDFC-49B9-8AAB-BC18A95FD30A.gif

One plus is maybe I’ll be able to tailgate at some sweet venues with ThPers

Nope - a ton of those wins came against Missouri anyway. I'm all for this if it happens - OU has had a few overmatched losses against LSU, when they had arguably the best team in college football history, and Alabama. Other than those we've more than held our own.
Don’t forget the ‘03 Title Game when y’all had “The Team of The Century”...

Texas should not want this heat. Anyway you cut it the divisions end up being loaded for the West and they are looking at 4-8 in any West division format consistently.

Texas should not want this heat. Anyway you cut it the divisions end up being loaded for the West and they are looking at 4-8 in any West division format consistently.

Those guys have no idea how brutal and injury-riddled a full, regular season SEC schedule can be. It is a total meat-grinder. But, this purported move isn't about winning games as much as it is about money. Most Bama fans don't really care how this goes. But I'm surprised that any OU/UT fan would want it.

Those guys have no idea how brutal and injury-riddled a full, regular season SEC schedule can be. It is a total meat-grinder. But, this purported move isn't about winning games as much as it is about money. Most Bama fans don't really care how this goes. But I'm surprised that any OU/UT fan would want it.
Bama, LSU, Texas, A&M, Auburn, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Arkansas and Oklahoma. That's just a brutal division. Texas finishes in the back half of that as often as they finish in the top half. SEC East Teams should pray for this and hope there is no realignment because they get the much better end of the deal with a path to SEC title game.

Whatever it takes to get rid of BC and Syracuse.
That goes both ways…;)
I wish Syracuse was smart enough to have gone to the Big 10. The ACC was a bad move for us. We would’ve fit better there than in a rinky dink conference where we’re the equivalent of snowbirds.
They don’t like us, and we just use them.
Syracuse is a legendary football program playing ACC football programs that are meh aside from Clemson. We’re going to excel in hoops no matter where we are, but trying to recruit to play football in the ACC is dragging our program down.
Big 10 was the right move. ACC should’ve gotten Rutgers… they’re a NJ league, not NY.

Last edited:
Bama, LSU, Texas, A&M, Auburn, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Arkansas and Oklahoma. That's just a brutal division. Texas finishes in the back half of that as often as they finish in the top half. SEC East Teams should pray for this and hope there is no realignment because they get the much better end of the deal with a path to SEC title game.
Serious question. If the conference championship doesn't matter why should these 8 schools care about being in the full SEC? The West division is insanely great from a football perspective. Couldn't they earn more money just going it alone?

The ACC guys might be able to address this but I've heard that South Carolina may have approached the ACC about joining. If that is true, and it happened, that would create some alignment issues, depending on who might take that 16th spot.
I have always thought Kentucky would be better in the ACC. Much easier to end up with a winning record in football and a much more interesting basketball schedule.

Maybe USCjr and UK switch with FSU and VaTech?

People are also missing that ESPN has basically said to the SEC they’d up that new 3 billion dollar TV deal if they got OU and Texas. By a lot, some are saying. Could put Fox down, hard, so the money isn’t a big deal for ESPN.

What a shocker right? Is OU/UT joining the SEC the nightmare scenario for the Aggies?

It is in many ways but not due to the talking points the horns keep throwing around about us being scared to play them. Heck, if Alabama and Auburn go to the east then the west is certainly no more competitive.

1) it takes away a competitive advantage we have and not wanting to lose that is human nature and good strategic thinking. Who would blame us for that? 2) We truly hate that program (not all of the fans - heck I am friends with many, but the program). I mean truly hate them with the white hot intensity of 1000 suns! Their arrogance is unparalleled in college sports and they don't play well with others. We left to get away from this and now that our risk in joining the SEC is paying off it feels like these arrogant hypocrites are chasing us into our new community. Who wants an ex forcing their way back into their life? 3) When we joined the SEC we were told we had the right to veto any school from Texas gaining membership. No need for 3 additional votes - we were told we had stand-alone veto power on that issue. Now the SEC is not honoring that and that also sucks.

Anyway, it is what it is and the landscape of college football is changing.

I think this is the most natural pod system for the SEC if this transpires:

The Cats:
Auburn
Mizzou
LSU
Kentucky

The dogs:
A&M
Tennessee
Miss State
Georgia

The buffet:
Florida
Texas
South Carolina
Arkansas

The Roaming misfits:
Oklahoma
Ole Miss
Vanderbilt
Alabama (sorry they have to go somewhere)

The Cats:
Auburn
Mizzou
LSU
Kentucky

The dogs:
A&M
Tennessee
Miss State
Georgia

The buffet:
Florida
Texas
South Carolina
Arkansas

The Roaming misfits:
Oklahoma
Ole Miss
Vanderbilt

I think a lot of teams would have scheduling issues with that as you are removing most teams' "natural" rival from their pod. No Alabama/Auburn every year? Florida/Georgia? A&M/Arky? Oklahoma/Texas? Unless those games still continue every year which brings a whole other group of scheduling conflicts into things.

I think a lot of teams would have scheduling issues with that as you are removing most teams' "natural" rival from their pod. No Alabama/Auburn every year? Florida/Georgia? A&M/Arky? Oklahoma/Texas? Unless those games still continue every year which brings a whole other group of scheduling conflicts into things.
Well, that wasn't a serious attempt and I really doubt anyone is going to follow my recommendation anyway. 🤷‍♂️

The Cats:
Auburn
Mizzou
LSU
Kentucky

The dogs:
A&M
Tennessee
Miss State
Georgia

The buffet:
Florida
Texas
South Carolina
Arkansas

The Roaming misfits:
Oklahoma
Ole Miss
Vanderbilt
That’s pretty funny. I think there may be a path to making one pod “the zoo” with gators, elephants, gamecocks and Longhorns.

That’s pretty funny. I think there may be a path to making one pod “the zoo” with gators, elephants, gamecocks and Longhorns.
I like it, especially since longwhorn is what zoos would feed those other animals.

We truly hate that program (not all of the fans - heck I am friends with many, but the program). I mean truly hate them with the white hot intensity of 1000 suns! Their arrogance is unparalleled in college sports and they don't play well with others.

Well, that wasn't a serious attempt and I really doubt anyone is going to follow my recommendation anyway. 🤷‍♂️
Lol, I'm an idiot 😅. it's too early for me to be thinking humor

Texas saying they’ll end the LH network makes me feel like this is essentially a done deal.

84D9C24C-BFFF-419B-A0C8-724C28AB003E.jpeg

Talking about the realignment, this is the one that makes the most sense.
As it protects the yearly rival games that have to happen yearly by making them division games:

The Oldest Rivalry in the Deep South- Auburn vs. Georgia
The 3rd Saturday in October- Alabama vs. Tennessee
The Iron Bowl- Alabama vs. Auburn

I know a lot of people like the annual LSU vs. Florida game, but historically it’s a new thing as LSU and Florida didn’t play every year until expansion (Adding Arkansas & South Carolina). In fact LSU has played Texas A&M more often than Florida in our history (A&M has only been in the SEC for the last 10 years).

View attachment 9018100

Talking about the realignment, this is the one that makes the most sense.
As it protects the yearly rival games that have to happen yearly by making them division games:

The Oldest Rivalry in the Deep South- Auburn vs. Georgia
The 3rd Saturday in October- Alabama vs. Tennessee
The Iron Bowl- Alabama vs. Auburn

I know a lot of people like the annual LSU vs. Florida game, but historically it’s a new thing as LSU and Florida didn’t play every year until expansion (Adding Arkansas & South Carolina). In fact LSU has played Texas A&M more often than Florida in our history (A&M has only been in the SEC for the last 10 years).
Honestly, that’s a pretty damn good split.

Honestly, that’s a pretty damn good split.
It also protects the Red River Rivalry & A&M vs. Texas goes back to Thanksgiving before the Egg Bowl.

Now that A&M’s original big brother is in conference, they can stop trying to make LSU care about them and make us their new big brother. We have never cared enough about them to print cups honoring a 7 OT regular season win (where anyone who watched knows that LSU got jobbed), for example.

Last edited:
Back