View attachment 9018100

Talking about the realignment, this is the one that makes the most sense.
As it protects the yearly rival games that have to happen yearly by making them division games:

The Oldest Rivalry in the Deep South- Auburn vs. Georgia
The 3rd Saturday in October- Alabama vs. Tennessee
The Iron Bowl- Alabama vs. Auburn

I know a lot of people like the annual LSU vs. Florida game, but historically it’s a new thing as LSU and Florida didn’t play every year until expansion (Adding Arkansas & South Carolina). In fact LSU has played Texas A&M more often than Florida in our history (A&M has only been in the SEC for the last 10 years).
I doubt we'll have permanent cross-division games like we do now but, if Alabama could play Texas every year, I'd like that.

I doubt we'll have permanent cross-division games like we do now but, if Alabama could play Texas every year, I'd like that.
I think if they split like the map I posted, if there is a permanent cross division game, it’s probably LSU/Bama but I’m fine with keeping Florida as permanent and them doing Bama/ Texas.

I didn’t see another re-alignment happening for a few years, but I guess they didn’t want to risk losing out on joining the SEC in the first super conference.

I didn’t see another re-alignment happening for a few years, but I guess they didn’t want to risk losing out on joining the SEC in the first super conference.

Agreed. And the SEC gets arguably the two biggest "free agents" once the super conferences begin taking shape.

Coming out that this has been discussed for a year. Talk about an impressive ability in today’s age for people to actually keep things under wraps.

Also sounding like vote would be 13-1

Agreed. And the SEC gets arguably the two biggest "free agents" once the super conferences begin taking shape.
A win on both sides. It would be hard to call yourself a super conference without adding at least 2 of OU/TX/Ohio State/Michigan/Norte Dame/USC. Regardless of how those teams have played recently, you need some of those names to call it “super.” I kind of hoped OU/TX would go somewhere else to have two super conferences. This is shaping up that in the next 5-10 years you may have one conference of minor league NFL teams that only go by University names. They’re going to need a salary cap and a collective bargaining agreement.

A win on both sides. It would be hard to call yourself a super conference without adding at least 2 of OU/TX/Ohio State/Michigan/Norte Dame/USC. Regardless of how those teams have played recently, you need some of those names to call it “super.” I kind of hoped OU/TX would go somewhere else to have two super conferences. This is shaping up that in the next 5-10 years you may have one conference of minor league NFL teams that only go by University names. They’re going to need a salary cap and a collective bargaining agreement.

putting my biases aside. As a purely college football fan, this make me so sad.

That leaves Notre Dame. The new playoff proposal doesn't do the Big whatever it is any favors in trying to pull ND.

putting my biases aside. As a purely college football fan, this make me so sad.
I completely agree, but it was inevitable once the money got to be so big. I loved college football in the 70’s and 80’s and it is now the minor league NFL and I don’t love it as much. More than $150 million for the two teams to leave the BigXII, but they will make more in the SEC :eek:

Edited to add this excerpt from an ESPN article: Source -- Oklahoma Sooners, Texas Longhorns on the verge of making SEC move (espn.com)

ESPN reported Thursday that both Texas and Oklahoma would likely owe the Big 12 upward of $76 million apiece to buy out the remainder of their grant of media rights agreement, which runs until 2025. A new agreement with the SEC, however, would likely make that price tag easily affordable for the two powerhouse programs.

Last edited:
I’m curious now to see where other schools will land from the XII. Because, well, none of them really bring a major brand name or many TV sets. I could see the PAC trying to get one of the Texas schools for recruiting purposes, but that’s not a power add really.

I’m curious now to see where other schools will land from the XII. Because, well, none of them really bring a major brand name or many TV sets. I could see the PAC trying to get one of the Texas schools for recruiting purposes, but that’s not a power add really.
I could see the PAC taking Tech and OSU. While both, especially Tech, haven't been as good recently in football, both are pretty good in the other sports like basketball, baseball, golf, and track. It would bring the Pac to Texas and Oklahoma and could help there recruiting here. I don't know that they would go for TCU and Baylor with being religious schools.

I could see the PAC taking Tech and OSU. While both, especially Tech, haven't been as good recently in football, both are pretty good in the other sports like basketball, baseball, golf, and track. It would bring the Pac to Texas and Oklahoma and could help there recruiting here. I don't know that they would go for TCU and Baylor with being religious schools.
TCU is in the bigger TV market of TX though.

That leaves Notre Dame. The new playoff proposal doesn't do the Big whatever it is any favors in trying to pull ND.
TX-OU move will create a ripple. ND to the Big 10 makes the most sense.

I think this is the most natural pod system for the SEC if this transpires:

The Cats:
Auburn
Mizzou
LSU
Kentucky

The dogs:
A&M
Tennessee
Miss State
Georgia

The buffet:
Florida
Texas
South Carolina
Arkansas

The Roaming misfits:
Oklahoma
Ole Miss
Vanderbilt
Alabama (sorry they have to go somewhere)

dude this is genius!

Someone ain't telling the truth.

Someone ain't telling the truth.

I'm betting that is BS to try and save face for everyone involved, both for the SEC potentially not keeping A&M in the loop as well as A&M now realizing they look like pouty kids

I'm betting that is BS to try and save face for everyone involved, both for the SEC potentially not keeping A&M in the loop as well as A&M now realizing they look like pouty kids
Maybe.

ahh chip brown.

as was eloquently stated on another site I frequent:

"I was certain UT/OU were leaving. After Chip weighs in I am now downgrading it to 50/50 "

Last edited:
Back