Enjoying Iron Valley so far but man this wind! Will definitely be back though. Thanks @RealPretendPsychic for letting me join!
PXL_20210501_130835178.jpg

PXL_20210501_131806594.jpg

Here's a few more from the day. Thanks again RPP and friend (I promise I remember your names, I just don't want to put them out here without permission!), hope we can do it again soon.

PXL_20210501_143319980.jpg

PXL_20210501_151708944.jpg

PXL_20210501_154617222.jpg

It was a great round despite temps in the 40’s at tee off and the windiest conditions I’ve ever played in! I’ll be back today trying to avenge my poor performance from yesterday 😆

So, how'd that work out for you?

Real nice round buddy! 82 there is legit. Beer helps apparently!!
Now the question is - do I stop scheduling 8:20am rounds, or commit to beer for breakfast?

Anyone play Bucknell before? Played it on Saturday. Really enjoyed it. Older course, shorter, but very hard to overpower. Greens were lightning.

30 degrees warmer, 3 more beers, and 11 strokes better! 🤷‍♂️

Unfortunately the beers did me in at Iron Valley yesterday; 43/52 I did not realize that Golden Monkey was 9.5%...

I did have my best drive of the year though, downhill, wind at my back.(ignore the 3 putt...)

Screenshot 2021-05-03 at 7.32.10 PM.jpeg

Playing in a Grint tournament this weekend at Pilgrim’s Oak in Peach Bottom. I have scouted the course on Arccos and determined that I will in fact be hitting bombs.

Playing in a Grint tournament this weekend at Pilgrim’s Oak in Peach Bottom. I have scouted the course on Arccos and determined that I will in fact be hitting bombs.

Only played there once in college, but absolutely loved it. Really nice elevation changes, ebbs and flows throughout the property well, and was well maintained. Want to get back there someday.

Pilgrim's is a lot of fun to play, and one that you can hit driver on for most tee shots. Swing away and good luck!

Unfortunately the beers did me in at Iron Valley yesterday; 43/52 I did not realize that Golden Monkey was 9.5%...

I did have my best drive of the year though, downhill, wind at my back.(ignore the 3 putt...)

That hole screams, "You're in the trees, now". Great drive.

Anyone play Bucknell before? Played it on Saturday. Really enjoyed it. Older course, shorter, but very hard to overpower. Greens were lightning.
Yes sirrr! That's my alma mater. That is where I learned to play golf in 1998 after my football career was over. My college buddy (who taught me the game) and I go back at least 1 time a year to get nostalgic.

I played a couple courses for the first time in the past few weeks.

Spring Hollow in Spring City: Very nice course overall. Mostly clean. Bunkers were like concrete and greens were soft and slow. Probably would go back but later in the season. Needed to dry out a bit. Everything was soft.

Willow Hollow in Leesport: Absolutely the best course I've ever played under $50. Overall a short course. Very cool layout. EXTREMELY clean. Nice flat tee boxes. Rough length was perfect. Greens were immaculate. Fast and smooth. Somewhat long and challenging par 3s. Tied my best score ever at 85. Pretty much fell in love with this place considering the price. Will definitely be spending more money there soon and often.

Riverview CC in Easton: Been here before plenty of times but need to comment. This course is always in excellent shape no matter what time of year. Very scenic. Lots of dog legs, water and bunkers which makes it a fun challenge. Every course in the area should take note how these guys maintain their bunkers. Clean and very fine fluffy sand. My only gripe is they like to overbook way too often.

I played a couple courses for the first time in the past few weeks.

Spring Hollow in Spring City: Very nice course overall. Mostly clean. Bunkers were like concrete and greens were soft and slow. Probably would go back but later in the season. Needed to dry out a bit. Everything was soft.

Willow Hollow in Leesport: Absolutely the best course I've ever played under $50. Overall a short course. Very cool layout. EXTREMELY clean. Nice flat tee boxes. Rough length was perfect. Greens were immaculate. Fast and smooth. Somewhat long and challenging par 3s. Tied my best score ever at 85. Pretty much fell in love with this place considering the price. Will definitely be spending more money there soon and often.

Riverview CC in Easton: Been here before plenty of times but need to comment. This course is always in excellent shape no matter what time of year. Very scenic. Lots of dog legs, water and bunkers which makes it a fun challenge. Every course in the area should take note how these guys maintain their bunkers. Clean and very fine fluffy sand. My only gripe is they like to overbook way too often.

Glad to hear you enjoyed Willow Hollow. It's about a half hour from me and is the sister course of my home track, Hidden Valley. Fun, quirky little track but usually in nice shape. Probably play it a couple times a year. Definitely not a bomb and gouge type of track! If you enjoyed that, try Blue Mountain up near Fredericksburg, not tough off the tee but absolutely nasty greens!

Glad to hear you enjoyed Willow Hollow. It's about a half hour from me and is the sister course of my home track, Hidden Valley. Fun, quirky little track but usually in nice shape. Probably play it a couple times a year. Definitely not a bomb and gouge type of track! If you enjoyed that, try Blue Mountain up near Fredericksburg, not tough off the tee but absolutely nasty greens!

I played Hidden Valley a few times. Nothing bad about it but I wasn't impressed either. Over an hour drive there for me. Much more pleased with Willow Hollow. I usually play Hidden Valley in July or August so maybe that's why. Every time I played there the greens were bumpy.

Honestly, all the courses in the Distinct family are really nice and worth the money. Never been to Bunker Hill though. Wedgewood is home my course which is a great place to play but I play it at least 8 times a year so I get tired of it sometimes.

My favorite courses in no particular order:

Golden Oaks
Hideaway Hills
Riverview CC
Mt. Airy
Willow Hollow
Turtle Creek
Blue Ridge Trail

Last edited:
I played Hidden Valley a few times. Nothing bad about it but I wasn't impressed either. Over an hour drive there for me. Much more pleased with Willow Hollow. I usually play Hidden Valley in July or August so maybe that's why. Every time I played there the greens were bumpy.

Honestly, all the courses in the Distinct family are really nice and worth the money. Never been to Bunker Hill though. Wedgewood is home my course which is a great place to play but I play it at least 8 times a year so I get tired of it sometimes.

My favorite courses in no particular order:

Golden Oaks
Hideaway Hills
Riverview CC
Mt. Airy
Willow Hollow
Turtle Creek
Blue Ridge Trail

I have to agree with you on Hidden. I play it a ton because it's 5 mins from my house, but it wouldn't be my first choice if I had more interesting layouts nearby. It's not a bad course by any means, but nothing special. Will have to head over to try Wedgewood at some point, I've never played it.

I absolutely LOVE Golden Oaks. Yet to play the other tracks on your faves other than Willow, but have been meaning to play Blue Ridge Trail for some time now.

Added Pilgrim’s Oak and Reading CC to my list of courses played. Pilgrim’s Oak was a lot of fun and I’d definitely play there again. Reading was interesting, but don’t feel the need to go back. Still playing most of my rounds at Iron Valley, but need to get to Chapel Hill and Crossgates in the next month. Also plan to play Brookside CC in Macungie in the near future.

You should check Hidden Valley out around now. Very green, and the greens are in good shape. Also, seems like a lot of the drainage projects they've been working on have been successful, though still a few bunkers get flooded.

Added Pilgrim’s Oak and Reading CC to my list of courses played. Pilgrim’s Oak was a lot of fun and I’d definitely play there again. Reading was interesting, but don’t feel the need to go back. Still playing most of my rounds at Iron Valley, but need to get to Chapel Hill and Crossgates in the next month. Also plan to play Brookside CC in Macungie in the near future.

Pilgrim's Oak is one of my favorite courses. I haven't played it since 2011 when I was at Millersville, but it's such a fun course. Reading is a really neat old course, that seems to be a place people like more after each time they play it. I try to get to Crossgates at least once a year. I've always thought they have some of the better par 5's I've played. You also quickly realize that the terrain in Lancaster County can be quite hilly on that course.

Anyone played Broad Run this year? I’m playing Saturday and can’t figure out why there are so many open tee times. The price is high, but literally half the tee sheet is open. Is it a total wreck or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not played it this year. Playing Saturday at Flying Hills in Reading.

Anyone played Broad Run this year? I’m playing Saturday and can’t figure out why there are so many open tee times. The price is high, but literally half the tee sheet is open. Is it a total wreck or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wondering the same thing we are playing there Sunday...

Back