Packing For a Month Long Golf Excursion

8-10 days of clothes - knowing that you might have to wear pants on days when you might not normally. Plan to do laundry a few times. A few extra underwear and socks just in case. Two pairs of golf shoes.

Honestly, since you are taking your vehicle you don't have to limit yourself too much.

We are already trying to plan packing for 2 weeks in Germany with only a backpack for luggage - in the winter. It's stressfull!

My mind is spinning just trying to think of a starting place for that long of a trip. I would think 2 pairs of golf shoes work well. Rain gear is a must for that long of a trip also. I would have a separate bag with items like that and a bag with my everyday stuff to make it easier.

8-10 days of clothes - knowing that you might have to wear pants on days when you might not normally. Plan to do laundry a few times. A few extra underwear and socks just in case. Two pairs of golf shoes.

Honestly, since you are taking your vehicle you don't have to limit yourself too much.

We are already trying to plan packing for 2 weeks in Germany with only a backpack for luggage - in the winter. It's stressfull!
I packed a 3-day trip into my Ogio backpack last weekend, but it was pretty stuffed. I can't imagine fitting 2 weeks worth of stuff into a backpack, unless it was a huge one actually made for long treks. Especially for winter!

Being a guy, Like @USAF Retired, we probably set out for weeks at a time. I know one trip i took, i headed to Okinawa, then i would have side trips to Japan and also Alaska while i was out. I took layers instead of big coat. I like to pack at least a week of underwear and socks, then also 3 uniforms, for you, 3 shirts and slacks combos, ( or Shorts).
If i do not feel like wearing a coat in Cooler temps, i would wear long sleeve undershirt with a polo over. I would rather do laundry every 3 or 4 days, than taking a lot. Shoes? I would wear a comfy loafer, dock shoe type something and 2 pair of golf shoes. That way one drys out while i have the other.

I've never done 4 weeks but have done 3 weeks a few times. I plan on doing laundry every week. So My packing is not over the top.

Are there any laundry services in the vicinity of your travel routes? A good service will let you drop off and pick up at your convenience and aren’t a whole lot more than what you would spend in coin ops.

Are there any laundry services in the vicinity of your travel routes? A good service will let you drop off and pick up at your convenience and aren’t a whole lot more than what you would spend in coin ops.
I have no idea, but where the Dormie properties are, leaving and coming back is not really an option with the itineraries we are keeping.
I will have the option of hotel laundry on two occasions I believe.

How do you pack for this long of a trip? - This is a tough one. Lots of things factor in.
Figure laundry gets done once or twice. - This would dictate how much/little I pack. If you could do laundry once a week it would make things easier
Just pack like every golf outfit you own? - I would make sure I had enough short/pants, shirts, 2 pair of socks/underwear per day to get me through 2 weeks without laundry.
How many pairs of golf shoes do you bring? - Minimum of 3 pair. 1 pair for bad weather, 1 pair that you are wearing and another so the others can dry
Do you pack planning on a disaster? - You almost have to be prepared for it. But most things you would need can be picked up pretty easily. Make sure to pack things like water, snacks, portable battery charger etc.. in the car for breakdowns.

Assuming I'm not playing 30 days in a row, but I think I have enough golf attire for 15 maybe 20 days. What I don't have is 60 pairs of underwear, so doing laundry is likely at some point.

I'd probably pack for two weeks, find a laundry mat that washes, dries and folds by the pound and pay them to do my laundry while I play golf.

Bring extra shoes and hats plus some rain gear, vests and 1/4 zips and I should be good for any weather conditions.

Assuming I'm not playing 30 days in a row, but I think I have enough golf attire for 15 maybe 20 days. What I don't have is 60 pairs of underwear, so doing laundry is likely at some point.

I'd probably pack for two weeks, find a laundry mat that washes, dries and folds by the pound and pay them to do my laundry while I play golf.

Bring extra shoes and hats plus some rain gear, vests and 1/4 zips and I should be good for any weather conditions.
Thats a good point as I am not sure any golf will be played.
I hope there is for about 18 of the days, but no idea as of yet.

I think I can make that work. I think so anyway. Two cycles half way through should get it done.
I found a few places in Roanoke for you.
IMG_3132.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Bus
I have no idea, but where the Dormie properties are, leaving and coming back is not really an option with the itineraries we are keeping.
I will have the option of hotel laundry on two occasions I believe.

It's not ideal obviously , but i've done laundry in my hotel room sink many times, like old school.....and then just hung it up in the room.

I like to travel light so if i'm gone more than a week and need to fly (i hate checking bags) i usually end up doing laundry. It usually takes about 12-15 hours to dry indoors so if you hang it up overnight by mid day the next day it should be OK

As others have said if i was gone a month i'd probably pack for 7-10 days and just figure i'd clean everything multiple times

I found a few places in Roanoke for you.
View attachment 9260770
Skimmer.
Not able to leave the property.
It's not ideal obviously , but i've done laundry in my hotel room sink many times, like old school.....and then just hung it up in the room.

I like to travel light so if i'm gone more than a week and need to fly (i hate checking bags) i usually end up doing laundry. It usually takes about 12-15 hours to dry indoors so if you hang it up overnight by mid day the next day it should be OK

As others have said if i was gone a month i'd probably pack for 7-10 days and just figure i'd clean everything multiple times
Im not in a hotel room for 20+ days
We stay in the upscale cottages at the courses.

Skimmer.
Not able to leave the property.

Im not in a hotel room for 20+ days
We stay in the upscale cottages at the courses.

OK, all you really need is to bring some detergent and have access to a decent sink or something that isn't gross. It's rudimentary but can work in a pinch

Skimmer.
Not able to leave the property..
You have to leave at some point to go to the next location.

You have to leave at some point to go to the next location.
Thats the plan, and doing that twice and staying at hotel. Thats when it will get done.
But thats still fairly long stretches. Like I said, two times laundry will be an option as there are things I do not dry and they need more than a few hours to dry the long way.
But I will be able to do that two times for the trip.

Good suggestions throughout the thread. I'd take just enough laundry detergent with you to cover 3 or 4 loads and a stain treatment pen or spray.

Add Voltaren to your essentials list, as well as Stamina Pro patches, if you still use them.

Traveling in my own vehicle: id bring A small box of trash bags and gallon sized ziplocs. The ziplocs are so darn versatile.

One of my favorite (but incredibly wasteful) things I ALWAYS do is throw away my socks and underwear after wearing them. Buy some new ones ahead of time before the journey begins. Then as the trip goes on, the gross stuff never stays with you AND your load gets lightened!
Only you, brains.

The only saving grace here is you have your own vehicle. Just pack multiple bags full of clothes. If you forget something, buy it. OR maybe you could buy a portable washing machine like they showed during the NCAA tourney where one of the coaches wife showed it because he needed his lucky socks LOL

Can't fathom a 30 day golf trip so can't even figure out what clothes to bring. But if you are (hopefully) playing a good portion of those 30 days - don't forget to bring some lotion/vaseline/prep H to help with the chaffing!! This will be the most important thing to bring.

I packed a 3-day trip into my Ogio backpack last weekend, but it was pretty stuffed. I can't imagine fitting 2 weeks worth of stuff into a backpack, unless it was a huge one actually made for long treks. Especially for winter!
We've got some pretty stout Osprey packs made for this... but it's not our normal mode of travel. 2 weeks by train with 18ish hours of flights on each end lol

Thats the plan, and doing that twice and staying at hotel. Thats when it will get done.
But thats still fairly long stretches. Like I said, two times laundry will be an option as there are things I do not dry and they need more than a few hours to dry the long way.
But I will be able to do that two times for the trip.
If you can spare the space, you can get a clothes rod to hang over the back seats using the jacket hooks. Then you don't have to worry about things drying all the way before you hit the road. My kid uses one to bring his laundry back to college after he brings it home.

When in doubt, over pack I say. Bring as many golf outfits that will fit in your bags. Two pairs of shoes. Multiple pairs of draws and socks. The hardest time you will have is deciding what to wear when 50 different outfits are before you 🤔 🤣

Not sure what your style is or what events you’ll be attending, but I’m a fan of the adult version of “Garanimals”. For those too young to know, if you get pants with a tiger, they’ll match any shirt with a tiger. Mix and match, kinda thing.

Lots of options and I usually have a navy blazer just in case.

F6248806-F1D4-43B6-9F23-88954E7ACA56.jpeg

Back