Par-7, 1,100-yard hole

Man I would have a tough time getting anywhere close to that green in even 6 shots..... tough tough par I would think.

Even at 933 yards from the white tee, that seems tough. Say you hit a 225 yard drive, you still have 708 yards and you need to do it in 4 shots (to be on in regulation) without teeing the ball up!

I have played a 650 yard par 6 but it was a total novelty and mostly down hill.

that's pretty cool imo. You basically have 5 strokes to get to the green. This imo is not an extra challenge to the long hitter but (contrary to the article) is actually a favor to them yet is a bigger challenge to the shorter hitter. This sort of goes with the logic that I have mentioned about how making holes longer simply plays onto the favor of longer hitters. I mean think about it. A long hitter 300 off the tee has 5 more shots to go another 700 yrds (based on the 1004 yrd blk tee written on the stone). He will do that in just 3 more and even if 4 more is an easy par for him. with a look at bird to boot.

The whole issue woth this hole is that the average amateur bogey player is highly unlikely to make 4 or 5 successful long shots in a row. That is whay this hole need to be the #1 handicap hole. The scratch player imo will get there fiarky easily in regulation while the bogey player will most probably fail due to the need to pu together 4 or 5 successful long shots in a row. Other than that its not imo such a big deal given the par rating of 7. Now if it were a par6 it would be much more difficult for even the scratch player,

I think the toughest thing is getting your head in the game and taking a hole that long serious. It seems like such a novelty that people would just be cracking jokes about it. The distance doesn't seem long for a par 7.

Driver, 4H, 4H, 4H, 4H, 9I, Putt for an up and down.

Novelty indeed. I read something like that and just shrug. I think par 6s are cool in some cases. I think par 7s are a bit overkill.

I don't even think I would enjoy playing that hole.

it would be cool to try like twice and thats it.

That seems fun a couple times but the numerous layups just seems painful and kinda demoralizing :(

Playing from either the blue or white tees, it would require 5 well executed shots for me to get on the green. Driver, 4H, 4H, 4H, 4H, then 2 putt for par. Odds of that actually happening for me are slim but not totally impossible.

How many times have we all hit a 7 on a par 4? That would be a great challenge though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not think this would be a favorite hole of mine to play. The Fort Bliss golf course (Underwood Golf Complex, Sunset) here in El Paso features a 650yd par 5 that I find a challenge each time I play it. It's not tricky just long for a short knocker like me...it takes perfect execution of each shot...a miss either way and you'll be struggling to get it up & down.

Nothing about that seems enjoyable to me. Maybe I'm just distance challenged though. Longest par 5 I've played was just over 650 yards and that felt like a beat down.

Driver 250 2H 230 3H 215 3H 215 6I 185 PW/8I Chip it to inside 5ft 1 putt par

I'd love to try a par 6 or 7 out!!

My first thought at 1100 yards it should be a par 8. But the blue tees seem very doable.

In a perfect world from 933..
Driver, 3w,3w, 5i, 2 putt bird ftw!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The yardages are in meters. So even from the whites you are looking at 1000 yards.

Now with lakes all down the sides this would make for a very difficult hole. I'd play it once for fun and see what its all about. Never have played a hole that is more than a par 5.

Not my cup of tea. I would play it if I had to but not something I would go out of my way for!

This whole is over half mile long

I don't really get the negativity and also any intimidating feelings here for this hole. Its a par7. If ya think about it, its really about making the first two shots count the most. A good tee and second shot and (if successful) it could be very playable irons the rest of the way. Yes I know we still have to put together a string of good shots in a row and many will fail at doing that (hence many of our mid and higher caps), but I just don't see this hole as anything intimidating or for making me not want to play it.

Firstly we would all not be at the furthest tees and so the yardages would change accordingly for us. Still even playing the course at a proper tee this would still be super long but point is its not so unfair being a par7. But there is imo a fair chance at par which is all any hole should offer. The only difference is that because it requires more shots there will then be more chances to screw up shots for the bogey player which is why its #1cap hole. So it wont be the easiest hole for the bogey player to par (it will be the hardest) but none the less it isn't unfair and if one is playing well (especially the first two shots) they should have little issue giving themselves a real fair chance here. But this is only how I am seeing it :) . I wouldnt necessarily want more of these as the course slope for the bogey player would be through the roof and it would become unfun after a while. But one of these on a course? yes, why not bring it on?.

This is doable with driver and a bunch of 4/5 irons.

I would play this once or twice. I would like to play the par 6 at Farmstead again.

Boring. Golf is not meant to hit the same shot 3 times in a row on a single hole.

Back