Past Iron Sets: What do you wish you could find a new set of?

Ping ISI.

Instagram dropped this in my lap, not brand new with plastic but pretty close
TC always has some AMAZING stuff!

i freaking loved the cci forged!
Same. Wish I would have hung onto them. The FG62s would be for the decorative office bag 😁

Cleveland CG7s. First set I was fitted for and they just seemed to fit like a glove. Played a lot of really good golf with them and had a blast doing it.

I’ve never actually played either of these, but I’d go with Eye2 BeCu or Adams XTD. Those are the best looking irons I can think of that would actually be playable for me.

Mizuno mp 60s

I agree with the Ping Eye2 Beryllium Copper.
All the other irons I've owned are so "old school," I don't think I could use them for anything other than decoration - e.g., 1961 Wilson Staff.

I already own them. Titleist 718 CB.

Not iron sets but wedges.
I bought Scratch 8620 wedges as they were going out of business and I am my last set(which are about finished).
Luckily with my MC bag I will have something even better

Ping Eyes 2. They were my first and probably best iron set I owned.

Titleist OG DCI Black.

Any era, what set or sets would you buy right now if you could find a BRAND NEW set of?

Maxfli Revolutions

1. 2014 TM TP MB’s
2. Bridgestone J15 MB’s
3. Bridgestone J15 CB’s
4. Mizuno MP18 SC

Two sets come to mind,
I would love to have a new set of Ping Eye 2's ( my set is wore out) and a set of Taylormade Speed Blades.

Add another for the Ping Eye2 Beryllium Copper & I loved the Titleist 981 DCI Golds

I know this will nuts.... Goldwin AVDP, the game came together for me with these.

Last edited:
Ping G25’s

Adams mb2 raw 7 plug irons (these are absolute tops!)
Mizuno mp32s / mp30s / mp5
Cobra Greg Norman signature blades
Macgregor VIP 1025mbs
Hogan apex 99’s
Taylormade rac coin forged CB/mb combos
Hogan FTX
Bridgestone J33 combos
Bridgestone j40 cavity backs.

Hope I didn’t leave any out..

Nike VR Pro Combos.

Gotdayum those irons were amazing.

Adam’s IDEA MB2
Mizuno MP4

Anyone else ever have these Nike CPR 2s? I loved these clubs.
1003074-aaa.jpg

Second for the Taylor made RAC coin forged blades. I played then for about a year, loved those clubs. Beautiful. A friend put our best "they look like surgical instruments."

After those, arthritis bill issues, carpal tunnel, and I got really ¢¿¿¡%>ing fat.

Game started to go crap after those and eventually I almost gave it up for good.

Lost weight, had both hands operated on, and got a spiffy be left hip. Playing again, loving life.

Hogan Apex Edge Pros

Back