Past Iron Sets: What do you wish you could find a new set of?

CMB's and I learned quickly I should have kept them. Hence I still have my J15CB's

Jay. Four. Zero. See. Bee.

Nike Vapor Pro Combo and strip the black, since even in this hypothetical, it'd probably be impossible to get MMProtos.

Miura_CB-1008_Carbon2_1080x.jpg

I like them better than the 201's.

A few come to mind.

Ping i10's, i3's
MP-32's
Cally Fusion, not the wide sole ones!
Cleveland like TA-3's, TA-5's

Nike SQ Machspeed

They were my first set that I bought on my own and they were just pretty. More for nostalgia than performance.

Edit to add: they are red dot and I still have the 2i-6i. I never bought the 1i, because only God can hit a 1i...

This one is actually easy for me to narrow down.

1) 2013 Xforged
2) J40 DPC
3) 714 AP2

Sounders....model Seve played...Had them a few months and stolen out of my trunk....

Cleveland VAS 792s.

...Kidding!!!😆

Seriously though, glad to see Ping Eye 2s getting a few votes, I thought it was just me who loved those irons. The only other irons that come close for me (and I’ve never owned a set) are Callaway Apex 19s, love the look of those too.

If I could find a brand new set of Bridgestone j15 cb’s I would buy them in a heart beat.it would also be hard for me to turn down a new set of Ping iblade’s. I still don’t know why I sold these 2 sets

If I could find a brand new set of Bridgestone j15 cb’s I would buy them in a heart beat.it would also be hard for me to turn down a new set of Ping iblade’s. I still don’t know why I sold these 2 sets
I've got a minty J15 CB 6 iron...lol. If you're ever in the area, it's yours.

• Appreciation
Reactions: MH
My first set of irons was an old used set of Callaway Pro Series X-14s. I really regret selling them and would love a new set of them. Partly for the nostalgia of my first ever clubs and partly to see how I hit them now.

Adams CMB, Bridgestone J40's need i say more

Same. Wish I would have hung onto them. The FG62s would be for the decorative office bag 😁

i remember hitting the cci forged at the pga show demo day in orlando when they were being released. i hit a lot of clubs that day and those were among my favorites.

I have three.

1) PING EYE2 BeCu
2) Nike Vapor Pro Combo
3) Mizuno MP18 SC

I kick myself for selling my MP 18 SC last year

Had a set TM TP MC's 2011 Version I wish I would have hung onto

Ping Eye 2 for me! I have a set of original Ping Eyes but not Eye 2s so a new set of those would be great.

Any era, what set or sets would you buy right now if you could find a BRAND NEW set of?
Mizuno MP-14s. I had the chance to buy a great used set a few years ago but passed on them and I often wish that I would have just bought them. They pop up on Ebay from time to time but they are never cheap and my T-Zoid Trues are a similar design, they just arent anywhere near as iconic as the 14s were.

Nike vr pros
Nike mm protos
Mizuno mp32s

Macregor vip 1025m vfoil

My last set of callaway irons were a set of fusions. Enjoyed them for several years. My son played them until recently.

Hogan Medalians, they were so butteryBH-82medallion-00-p.jpg

I shot my all time low round of golf with a set of Callaway X14PS. Not sexy but they were great irons.

Ping i200

Back