Pay it Forward: 30 days of kindness

Just grabbed a new members AC membership. And will do so a few more times.

Hooked my boat captain up with one of the top cardiologist in Orlando (family friend). He has been to several and they still haven't managed his high blood pressure. Made the call when we docked as he cleaned our fish. Got him an appt for later today. He is in good hands with my contact.

Today is the first time I have seen this thread, very nice idea Freddie. With that being said, a couple of days ago I was walking out of Home Depot and I just happen to see a husband and wife struggling to load something as it was bulky. I walked over and helped the husband set it in his truck. It was no big thing to me but they were pleasantly surprised it seemed that someone helped them. Hopefully they will pay it forward to someone else.

In the true spirit of Kang's challenge, I picked up the Albatross club for 3 complete strangers. I tried to find people that have been active recently and posted at least a little bit, in hopes that doing so will get them more active and enjoy this site and community for what it is. If even one of them becomes more active and involved, then I will take that as a success. Plus...some of the money goes towards puppies!

your nuts ! haha. i just happened to be one of the "three randoms" .......... i think?

i got a message today saying, my membership was paid for by " cbaker2882"... i was so confused..... until i searched for your name... and saw this post.

wow! thanks so much !

Someone renewed my membership and I want to say thank you! Ill reveal their name if they wish. Ill be paying it forward!

Parent teacher conferences tonight. The teachers have to be here all day and night. I brought my kid's teachers milkshakes as a thank you for the effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll sweeten this a bit. If I can get to 1000 good gesture by the end of the month I'll shoot off a prize to a randomly selected good deeder. Open to any and all that want to make the world a better place
Not sure if everyone say this or even saw this thread. Hope more people jump in and take part of my challenge

Last edited:
Okay so I did not pay for anything but I currently have a student teacher and told her to take tomorrow off and go out and enjoy Thirsty Thursday. She was more than happy. I remember my senior year of student teaching so wanted to let her have some fun.

Not sure if everyone say this or even saw this thread. Hope more people jump in and take part of my challenge

I noticed it - a real nice gesture on your part (and a great thread you created). I think we might already be there based on LB's drive-thru post this morning :clapp:

Still love this thread.
Today we found out our nephew is struggling with severe anxiety and his parents have turned to a psychologist so he can learn some coping techniques because it's beginning to really effect his ability to just be a kid. The sessions aren't covered by insurance and are a strain on their family finances. We are in the fortunate position at the moment to be able to offer some help in that area and offered to do that today.

Freddie: they say it takes 27 days to form a habit, hopefully through your challenge a few of us will become better humans. For that, I thank you!

Okay so I did not pay for anything but I currently have a student teacher and told her to take tomorrow off and go out and enjoy Thirsty Thursday. She was more than happy. I remember my senior year of student teaching so wanted to let her have some fun.
It's not about paying for stuff. It just about spreading some kindness, no matter what.

lighting may have gotten more than few to do the same. That's what I hope everyone does when they receive a kind gesture. It can contagious.

Noticed the neighbor lady outside raking her leaves, even though I'm Under the weather right now, I grabbed my rake and tarp and gave her a hand. She than tells me we should do my yard which I was waiting since all the leaves haven't dropped. She wouldn't take no for a answer and we worked on my yard for sometime. Also neighbor on the other side is out of town so I mowed his lawn for him. I text him just to make sure and he said absolutely go for it

Good on you Panda!

Today I was filling up the rental with gas and a mom with a few kids in the car was next to me filling up. The car was not new and you could tell they weren't well off. I stopped her before she paid and put a full tank of gas in her car and gave her a $20 to buy the kids some breakfast. She was shocked and in awe a complete stranger would do that. I told her it was my pleasure.

pFreddie: they say it takes 27 days to form a habit, hopefully through your challenge a few of us will become better humans. For that, I thank you!
Funny you mention this. Driving home from the parent teacher conferences tonight there was a bad accident on a dark road - one car with a smashed front end that was smoking and the other car off the side of the road in a ditch. I started to pull over to help and I kind of thought "I already did my one nice thing" then I stopped to check on them and offer help anyway.

Not much today. But there is a man who comes into Panera everyday with his wife. They are about the age my dad woidl be if he was still alive. Today he was by himself. Normally I just nod and smile and say good morning when I see them.

But today I asked him if his wife was ok, since he was alone. He said yes she was just sleeping in. But it staerted a nice conversation where we learned a lot more about each other.

I've only done simple things the last couple of days. Holding doors, smiling and saying good morning to those I don't usually talk to. I know it's the little things like that, that add up.

Yesterday I also made contact with a friend of mine and between our places of employment, there is a needy family that will most likely have the best Christmas they've ever had.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I've only done simple things the last couple of days. Holding doors, smiling and saying good morning to those I don't usually talk to. I know it's the little things like that, that add up.

Yesterday I also made contact with a friend of mine and between our places of employment, there is a needy family that will most likely have the best Christmas they've ever had.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Well Done.
Like Freddie said. It's not about spending money or some grand gesture. Just a simple act of kindness to our fellow man.

Yesterday I fought for and won for a 400 dollar pay advance for one of my employees. Today I paid for the persons order behind at the Tim Hortons drive thru.

Brought in a a dozen muffins for my team members today....(yes even her :devil:)

A small one today - I held the door open at the library for a new mom who's hands were full with books and a baby in a carrier. She seemed surprised / appreciative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today was a sad one, I attended to wake for my friends mother it was difficult to see him and his siblings, but they seemed to appreciate that I went by.

Noticed an elderly gentleman near the dog food sections of a local store this morning, when I heard him mumble to himself that he had forgotten a cart to take the bag of dog food to checkout.

I ended up carrying the food for him to checkout. I put it hem in a cart for him.

We ended up being parked about 6 spaces from each other, I loaded them into his truck for him.

Going to my BIL's house shortly to knock out some painting for him while he is at work so that i can reduce the amount of time he has to spend away from his pregnant wife and two kids as they prepare to move out of state.

Pay it Forward: 30 days of kindness

After blowing and raking the leaves in my yard decided to take an hour and do my neighbors yard too. He has a heart condition, so it really will save his wife some time, since she has to do all the yard work now.

Last edited:
Another small one today - in unusually heavy traffic I paused to let someone in who had been sitting with their turn signal on for a while trying to change lanes.

Back