Yep, I'm with you there. For instance I demo a ton of clubs at Pro Golf Discount, so I try to buy at least little stuff from them, and when they have sales I try to partake. Also take lessons from their pro, who is a good guy. Or the local ski shop, their selection is limited but I do always have my repair and binding tests done there to support them.
Pro Golf Discount is the only retailer in N. America that makes GolfTown prices seem fair...especially when our dollar is in the crapper.

That's not a good thing haha.

I am a born bargain shopper in everything I buy. The only time I pay retail for anything golf related is when I use a fitter to find the best club (item) fit for me. I will always buy from them then instead of leaving and shopping for the club(s) at a cheaper price.

I don't tend to go the extra mile to find a deal, but with golf its engrained in me that if I'm patient or wait a few months I can get what I want cheaper. I've been fortunate to have some connections that have made it possible to fill out my bag for way less than what I would normally pay.

Like others I'll hit the clearance racks at the local shops & have a few websites bookmarked that I trust.

I won't pay retail, I just won't. The door is revolving too much for me to throw that down. Last time I did I think was the Adams Launch Lab driver, woof.

hate paying retail but some times if i want something just released it is my only choice

I can't justify paying "full" retail for something that, if I just wait a bit, will drop by half. I'd LIKE to be able to, but there are other things to spend money on.
Shipping charges tend to eliminate EBay for me. Demos, used, and the occasional sale item are what I pick up.

When I started back into the game again after blowing out a knee, I had a few bucks so I paid the shot. Got some great clubs, used them for almost a decade. But I paid through the nose.
Now that I wait for better prices, I turn clubs over far more often for about the same overall total as buying at retail. Spreading it out hurts less, though. And is easier to slide by the wife.

For most things I rarely pay retail. I hate shopping and do most of it online. I like to support local golf shops, but being a lefty that's not always possible so most of my golf purchases end up being online as well.

Pro Golf Discount is the only retailer in N. America that makes GolfTown prices seem fair...especially when our dollar is in the crapper.

That's not a good thing haha.

I didn't say they made it easy...LOL. But like I said, I do like most of the staff there, and they are extremely liberal with letting me use the monitors pretty much without restriction, so if I can keep those guys working, I will. I have only bought one club to date there though, and it was being blown out by their standards so it was a relatively fair price.

This is one reason I do not own Pings. Every February, a locally owned golf shop has a 15% off everything sale. Everything except balls and Pings. For some reason, Ping will not let them reduce the prices on relatively new equipment.

Ping, Mizuno and Titleist I know for sure are never discounted in stores and are always exempt from coupons. It doesn't even matter if the equipment is 2 years old, they won't let them do it. Pretty much have to buy used if you are want a price cheaper than in store prices. I know people who work at golf stores and even they can't get discounts on them.

I only have one question. What is retail??? Never payed never will. You can find a deal on anything if you look hard enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll occasionally pay retail for golf clubs, usually using a trade in to soften the blow. I try to buy from the local GG and my golf pro since I demo so many clubs from them.

Other than food I basically never pay retail. I think I'd still be this way even if I won the lottery. Cheap, I guess.

Seems like pretty much everybody is cheap like me haha.

Oh and the ski midlayer that was causing me a dilemma in the first post cause I couldn't find a deal on it? Found it for 40% off :D

Back