PGA.com Value guide

Precision Pro Golf

Tadashi70

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I see a lot of pricing of gear in the market place that is a bit high and tends to sit. I thought I'd post a link to the PGA value guide so folks can see what the estimate resale value is as well as the trade in value. Happy Selling...

http://valueguide.pga.com

PhillyV

#TeamTHP G18'
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
See this value guide throws me off sometimes. Especially the trade in value. The resale numbers are pulled right from ebay so those are a little more true but the trade ins seem to be off

Darren K.

Pittsburgh Panther
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 14.3
Vapor Pro is $400 new. I wouldn't sell it to God himself for the $155 they say in that trade-in guide. It's nonsense.

moosejaa

Mr. Inconsistent
Reaction score
Handicap
With the trade-in value being just about 1/3 of resale I'd always try to sell first.

jdtox

It’s a process
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Thank you for the Link Freddie. Its amazing how much golf equipment loses value after purchase. Im not sure whats worse, buying a new car or buying new golf equipment. And trade in values? LOL

Tadashi70

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Why don't you hit the resale tab and get that number.
Vapor Pro is $400 new. I wouldn't sell it to God himself for the $155 they say in that trade-in guide. It's nonsense.
With the trade-in value being just about 1/3 of resale I'd always try to sell first.

Tadashi70

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
They are like cars, they lose value very quickly on the trade in value. but the resale value is more tolerable.
Thank you for the Link Freddie. Its amazing how much golf equipment loses value after purchase. Im not sure whats worse, buying a new car or buying new golf equipment. And trade in values? LOL

moosejaa

Mr. Inconsistent
Reaction score
Handicap
I did, checked on a set of irons. Trade-In $60, Re-Sale $177. Too big a gap for me. Thanks for the link though, very helpful.

emart2173

#journey2017
Reaction score
Handicap
thanks freddie...i use this as well as ebay and the link my fitter uses for club value when i try to sell in the marketplace.

TheDoctor

One of the UK Hackers
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
9 (9.2)
Just tried to access the link from both my work PC and my mobile and I am not able to access the page? On my work PC I get a message saying the page is unavailable so I assumed it was blocked, but on my mobile I get a blank page using both Wifi and my mobile data

Tried to Google the page and got sub-links for drivers, irons, etc but none of them work?

Darren K.

Pittsburgh Panther
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 14.3
I'm not an idiot. I checked that too. I was just saying the trade-in price on equipment is absurd.

mikedean441

6X HOF
Reaction score
Handicap
trade in prices suck, but they need it low enough so that they can make a few bucks on the resale, as much as I hate it they arent in the business as a non profit

Tadashi70

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Did you put your grumpy pants on this morning. I was just going off what you wrote about the trade in value.
I'm not an idiot. I checked that too. I was just saying the trade-in price on equipment is absurd.

Darren K.

Pittsburgh Panther
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 14.3
trade in prices suck, but they need it low enough so that they can make a few bucks on the resale, as much as I hate it they arent in the business as a non profit
No doubt. Business is business, but trade-in is still hardly worth the time.

jhstew1

Idiot Free
Reaction score
Handicap
5.8 Ghin
Did you put your grumpy pants on this morning. I was just going off what you wrote about the trade in value.
hahahaha Grumpy Pants, just putting on Pants makes me grumpy, i prefer shorts :angel:

Greg Kulbick

I don't golf good
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
12.8 USGA
Shops are in business to make money, its not charity. Maybe someday UNICEF will get into the golf club trade-in world, but until then, those are the prices you're going to get.

Jank

FIGJAM
Reaction score
Handicap
FIRs
Shops are in business to make money, its not charity. Maybe someday UNICEF will get into the golf club trade-in world, but until then, those are the prices you're going to get.
Daaaaaaang, always dig the JD references!

ASN21

#TeamTaylorMade
Reaction score
Handicap
I never trade in clubs. I either sell it before the value gets too low or give it away to someone.

LoPan12

Reaction score
Handicap
Golfsmith uses they're own numbers, which are usually higher than pga value guide. Got $60 (plus 30 more, 90 in the end ) for my amp cell. Value guide has a high resale of 83!
My play it again sports uses the guide, and pays 40% of the resale price.

russtopher

Repping #TeamNE!
Reaction score
Handicap
Going down
Golfsmith uses they're own numbers, which are usually higher than pga value guide. Got $60 (plus 30 more, 90 in the end ) for my amp cell. Value guide has a high resale of 83!
My play it again sports uses the guide, and pays 40% of the resale price.
When I've traded in at Golfsmith, they've always given me the highest tradein value. I've only done that with clubs that weren't worth selling on eBay, between fees, shipping, etc. so for those clubs at least, trading in was a decent value.

MBurnham

Reaction score
Handicap
I always use what the pga value guide suggests to come up with a number when selling clubs.

SkiBumGolfer

Pro Ponderer
Reaction score
Handicap
11.6 Grint
This is my first reference when I'm about to sell a club. I usually gauge the condition and try to decide where in the range it falls.

JohnBoyNC

Reaction score
Handicap
TBD
No doubt. Business is business, but trade-in is still hardly worth the time.
It is what it is. Ever traded in a car?

If you arent a realist and try and sell your clubs for what YOU think they are worth you're left with three options. 1. Sell on craiglist. You'll get 10 lowball offers, maybe 4 people will come look at your clubs THEN try and lowball you and waste your time. 2. Sell on ebay. Have fun with that one after eBay and Paypal take your money. 3. Sell to someone you know and then after they figure out that you ripped them off.

The reality is you are not buying anything except a house to try and make money. You buy, use it for I dont care how long, and it's worth the MOST half of what you paid for it.

This is why I hardly ever buy something new. Plenty of people out there that dont mind the hit on resale and buy something new constantly whether its clubs, cars, bikes, tvs.......take your pick.

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
With all the after market and upgrade shafts out there today in all clubs, I wonder if they will ever update their system to include that type of information.

TCB2010

Good Vibrations
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
I've never used pga.com value guide before until this weekend. I had some clubs I wanted to get rid of- irons, driver, 3wood and a wedge. I had a number in my head before I started. So I went to ebay to check what the going amounts were per club.
After I figured my time, picture taking, shipping if they sold, fees, and a headache... I remembered this pga.com deal. So I went online, quickly went through each item, it spit out an amount they would pay me and I said great, next I printed off a shipping label that they pay for! And all I did was mail the clubs.
Now these clubs were a little older, my number was net $100, they paid me $140!
How easy was all this!

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in