I have really tried to love this game... but it is awful lol. Even after the latest patch the putting is just horrendous.

It’s so interesting because I haven’t had a single putting issue and I would bet I’ve played more rounds than just about anyone

I haven’t had an issue as I’m a straight back and through putter and it’s roughly the same speed as my swing. I have seen my son have the issue when dragging it back slowly but I think it’s a technique issue rather than a game issue - sorry.

It’s so interesting because I haven’t had a single putting issue and I would bet I’ve played more rounds than just about anyone
Yeah, after figuring it out, putting feels almost too easy with the assist line.

Yeah, after figuring it out, putting feels almost too easy with the assist line.

Wish I knew how to putt straight back and forward lol. I think I only set the putt assist to three for each round - how many did you see available?

Last edited:
Man I tried round 1 last night when I was dog tired and shouldn't have. For some reason this course gives me fits, did in the last game too. Started off terrible, clawed back to respectable, then had a ball bounce off the 18th and find the water. Even worse, following the next shot, I was reaching for a drink and bumped the joystick, which ended up hitting a putt of a whopping 4 inches haha.

What is the xbox THP society? I'll join up

Well, I just hit the range after the update and it seems the "fast tempo" issue on Pro has been adjusted a little. I did another swing calibration and not every swing is fast now. About to play some career. Let's see if I end up turning the game off after a couple holes.

Joined the society. Do I need to make sure my difficulty is right? Or is it automatically set?

Is this the successor to The Golf Club games? I have the 2019 version and some of these posts sound like it is totally different.

Joined the society. Do I need to make sure my difficulty is right? Or is it automatically set?

I believe it is automatically set to Pro.

Well, I still can't figure out the Fast tempo issue. I've about had it with this game.

Well, I still can't figure out the Fast tempo issue. I've about had it with this game.

You've probably answered this already... Have you gone through the swing calibration?

You've probably answered this already... Have you gone through the swing calibration?

Yeah I've done it multiple times. I guess I could just disable to swing tempo (downswing only option?), but then it won't be the same when I play online matches.

Yeah I've done it multiple times. I guess I could just disable to swing tempo (downswing only option?), but then it won't be the same when I play online matches.

I'll be honest, I go through it almost every time I hop on because my swing timing is like my swing in real life....nowhere near consistent haha Also my joysticks have a bit of a different feel on each controller.

I'll be honest, I go through it almost every time I hop on because my swing timing is like my swing in real life....nowhere near consistent haha Also my joysticks have a bit of a different feel on each controller.

That's a good point. I may start doing that and see what happens.

Anyone interested in buying the Xbox version from me? The swing mechanics are too sketchy and inconsistent for my liking... I've nearly thrown my controller about a dozen times, so its time to say goodbye to this game.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Not sure how you guys are getting to more than 30 under.

Not sure how you guys are getting to more than 30 under.
If you put the controls on easy, you can....easily. But on PRO it becomes a bit ridiculous and frustrating. I don't have the time to put in to groove a video game swing...only to find out the controller may be off just a touch causing shots to go wayward.

I'll stick with Golden Tee and a beer.

What level are you guys??

If you put the controls on easy, you can....easily. But on PRO it becomes a bit ridiculous and frustrating. I don't have the time to put in to groove a video game swing...only to find out the controller may be off just a touch causing shots to go wayward.

I'll stick with Golden Tee and a beer.

But I’m talking about the THP Society tournament which I think everyone is playing on pro?

But I’m talking about the THP Society tournament which I think everyone is playing on pro?
Xbox side, leader was -10...but even that seems ridiculous for Riviera. Guess my patience level is not the same on video games.

If you’re talking PS4, currently we have it set to Pro with the downswing meter turned off. There are a couple of people who are really good and can shoot -8 to -12 a round, and then there’s me, who would be overjoyed to shoot -6 on a good day. We might need to tweak the difficulty as we go, but it’s hard to find a happy medium for everyone, and given how hard this game is for most people, I think we should err of the side of easier vs harder.

To me, the putting sensitivity is the worst aspect. It is so touch and go that either I burn the edges of tons of putts, or my swing plane looks like \ or > and the putt goes way far away, when I know my motion isn’t that bad.

If you’re talking PS4, currently we have it set to Pro with the downswing meter turned off. There are a couple of people who are really good and can shoot -8 to -12 a round, and then there’s me, who would be overjoyed to shoot -6 on a good day. We might need to tweak the difficulty as we go, but it’s hard to find a happy medium for everyone, and given how hard this game is for most people, I think we should err of the side of easier vs harder.

To me, the putting sensitivity is the worst aspect. It is so touch and go that either I burn the edges of tons of putts, or my swing plane looks like \ or > and the putt goes way far away, when I know my motion isn’t that bad.

First of all, excellent usage of \ and >.

Secondly, I was 40 something over in the last tournament and I’m fine with the difficulty. It’s possible I get so far behind I quit caring and just start hitting the ball at times.

Back