PGA Tour: Easiest player to root for? Against?

Easiest for: Viktor, Rickie, Finau

Against: Jordan. I said what I said, Texas.

There aren't players on tour I generally root against. I do prefer some players to others but I generally don't root against anyone. If someone is super slow like Cantlay I don't love that. I used to root against P Reed but he isn't on tour anymore.

This weekend is a good example. Of the final group I like JT, Sam Burns and how could you not root for the kid. When Bezuidenhout got in the mix I was definitely rooting for Dunlap. I probably generally root for US golfers but hard to root against Fleetwood, Viktor or for me Rory. For example of Rory is in the hunt at the Masters I will likely be rooting for him to get the win. Similar for Speith at the PGA I would be rooting for him to complete the career slam.

For: Rickey and Hovland

Against: Cantlay (Dude looks like he hates every moment of everyday and takes forever to do it).

Let's see:
- For = Viktor
- Against= Cantlay

Man hard to pick just 1 for rooting for.. I like Viktor, Min woo, J. Day, Rickie, Finau

Against: probably Cantley

Easiest for average fan: Rickie

Root for for me: Viktor, Home, Joel Dahmen

Root against: Rory

Easiest to dislike is Rory and Brooks But Brooks has taken over the lead for #1 DB on tour in my eyes.
I like a lot of the young guys.. They are fun to watch.
JMHO

Last edited:
Mentioned this post thread to my wife, she said without blinking an eye or any coaching, 'the guy with big flower shirt who was always smiling.' I said Viktor Hovland. She said "yes, Viktor, is he married, I think he would be great for Julia."

Anyone have a number for Mr. Hovland or an email address. That way he won't need to attend the next Ryder Cup stag.

I agree with what most here have posted...

For - Viktor; he does everything with a smile, always seems happy
Against - Cantlay; just the opposite, he has no emotion, such a non-fun personality

For: Too many to list...
Against: Rory, too easy...

Need some clarification.

If I am rooting for more three putts from two feet, am I rooting for or against him? :unsure:

For: Rickie and Cameron Young

Against: Rory and Hatton (its an outburst per round at this point)

Back