PGA Tour: Easiest player to root for? Against?

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Who are your easiest players to root for on Tour? What about the easiest to root against?

Finau and Rickie make it easy.

Almost any of these rookies that are shooting lights out, it's easy to want to see new blood take over for me. I love the changing of the guard moments.

Rory, answer to both questions

• Staff
In his heyday I always said Adam Scott, because he was basically impossible to dislike. I remember starting a discussion online a while ago, and even online, pretty much no one said anything bad about him lol. He had like 100% approval rating.

He's older now, id probably say Rickie now.

Root against, I mean Patrick Reed maybe

In his heyday I always said Adam Scott, because he was basically impossible to dislike. I remember starting a discussion online a while ago, and even online, pretty much no one said anything bad about him lol. He had like 100% approval rating.

He's older now, id probably say Rickie now.

Root against, I mean Patrick Reed maybe
Reed doesn’t play on the PGA Tour

Reed doesn’t play on the PGA Tour

Ah yes thank you for that clarification.... Sadly I'd probably say Rory then. I'm not a huge fan of his

• Staff
For: Viktor

Against: Cantlay

Rickie for both. Seems like a nice guy but when he doesn’t close I feel like Randy Quaid in Major League.

Tony Finau’s another nice guy that is easy to root for. Max Homa, Adam Hadwin, and Xander round it out for me.

Brian Harman is easy to cheer against. Hit 👏 the 👏 ball 👏 already. Tyrrell Hatton is fun but the content when he’s not doing well is hilarious. Hovland for me is another. I was indifferent until he called out Berger for a drop. Like dude, you had the worst vantage point on the hole to have a clue.

Easiest to root for: Kevin Streelman.
Most difficult to root for: Justin Thomas… (in fact I don’t ever).

Hovland for. Don’t really have one against. Does Sabbatini still play? I can’t even remember why I don’t like him at this point.

Cheer for Max Homa, he’s so solid in the team competitions 🇺🇸

Against - Cantlay is the easy choice

Easiest to root for - Rickie

Easiest to root against - Harman, Cantlay, Schauffele

I don't know why I can't pull for Schauffele. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but I have trouble pulling for him. I guess because for whatever reason, the media will not stop talking him up. And of course it's easy to root against Cantlay for slow-play reasons.

On the "for" side, I love rooting for Homa and Kisner because I like rooting for the underdog and guys who don't take themselves too seriously. Both are good golfers, but not the first names people would include as top PGA Tour players.

Easiest to root for: Kevin Streelman.
Most difficult to root for: Justin Thomas… (in fact I don’t ever).
I’ll agree with both.

For: Viktor

Against: Cantlay

Will Ferrell Agree GIF

Against: Cantlay, Horshel, Keagan Bradley

For: Anyone else.

Root for: Fowler, Spieth, Ben An

Root against: Horschel, Cantlay, Theegala

Copying JBs lead…

Jon Rahm…. Answer for both…

The Rory:Rory answer is perfect. When I first read the question Rory was the first player to pop into my head, and I couldn't decide which of the two categories he would go in. 🤔

Runner up hard to root for player: Cantlay. He is a big time talent, but his on course mannerisms drive me nuts.
Runner up easy to root for player: Min Lee Woo. He destroys the ball and does it with flair. Fun guy to watch. Easy guy to like. He also looks good in lululemon apparel. 😁

Back