PGA Tour Response to LIV Golf

They kind of had to. Nice reaction on the resignations though. I didn’t expect them to patch up that loophole so quickly. I expect some language to be inserted into the majors qualifying to eliminate the potential for LIV to participate. Maybe a large financial co-sponsor from PGA rather than being just a PGA a sanctioned event.

They kind of had to. Nice reaction on the resignations though. I didn’t expect them to patch up that loophole so quickly. I expect some language to be inserted into the majors qualifying to eliminate the potential for LIV to participate. Maybe a large financial co-sponsor from PGA rather than being just a PGA a sanctioned event.

Hard to block invites from an Open qualifying tournament like the US Open and Open Championship. They become invitationals if you start limiting who can’t even apply.

Calling it the Saudi League instead of the LIV is a little much for me. I get you're trying to push a narrative of good vs evil but idk seems a little petty. That and the "money, money and more money" part just rubs me the wrong way.

The LIV Tour calling the PGA Tour vindictive is a little bit of the pot calling the kettle black when the biggest reason this seems to exist is for Greg Norman and to an extent Phil Mickelson to play out their personal vendettas against the PGA Tour.

Interesting letter for sure. I get the impression that Jay Monahan operates about 25 fake facebook and twitter profiles, as this reads just like a drawn out version of the very tired comments we've been seeing over the last several weeks.

Definitely eager to see what happens next!

Calling it the Saudi League instead of the LIV is a little much for me. I get you're trying to push a narrative of good vs evil but idk seems a little petty. That and the "money, money and more money" part just rubs me the wrong way.
I agree. Monahan comes off as an annoying troll. One whom I would normally scroll past his comments.

Weak. I was expecting some sort of gauntlet to be thrown down with "X" number of years suspension or a commitment from the majors to only allow officially recognized PGA Tour members to compete. If I were on the fence about leaving the tour, this would not scare me one bit.

The LIV Tour calling the PGA Tour vindictive is a little bit of the pot calling the kettle black when the biggest reason this seems to exist is for Greg Norman and to an extent Phil Mickelson to play out their personal vendettas against the PGA Tour.
Haha this is exactly what i thought reading that :LOL:

Dear Peasants,

Rest assured that these players will not have what you are subjected to on the PGA Tour. They will not be constrained by this costly chain the PGA Tour has attached to you. Most importantly, they will not take anything away from you whilst they live in their solid gold houses, and ride their pet unicorns. You are the PGA Tour.... you don't need that kind of stuff... because loyalty.

Sincerely,
JM

Was coming to say this. Norman has tried what 3 times now to take on the PGA, I mean come on we get it you hate them.

What a bunch of crybaby, two faced, mealy mouthed BS.

PGA Tour: What do you mean you quit? You're Fired!

Not only are you fired, you can't use the executive washroom. You also can't come to the company picnic. You also can't use the company cafeteria. You also can't come to the company Christmas party.

How dare you take money into account? You are giving me the vapors! Golf is strictly for the love of the game! Especially for those who don't make the cut, or are struggling along on Korn Ferry, you have to love the game when you pay to play, and have to follow all our rules.

Jay’s tone and word choice in these statements come off as desperate and scolding to me.

also I wouldn’t say they have been “transparent” during this process. There is still a ton of unknown regarding this. Seems like to me the tour is so concerned with not “bending“ to the pressure of LIV that they refuse to use this as an opportunity to explore change. If they don’t proactively try to do something, then the PGL is going to swoop in eventually and it will be much harder to shut that can of worms once it does…..

Scorched earth, huh?

Both seem petty and vindictive. LIV haha we have the money and we are coming for you! PGA we are about being proper yet petty.

I don't see why multiple tours and multiple event types cant coexist and give fans options to watch and more golf to watch.

True, but the one who retaliates is the one who looks worst in the public eye most times. The Tour retaliated today, and LIV knew they would and are pushing all the right buttons for them to keep retaliating.

True, but the one who retaliates is the one who looks worst in the public eye most times. The Tour retaliated today, and LIV knew they would and are pushing all the right buttons for them to keep retaliating.
Is it really retaliation when they said it would happen and it was known? It is more of we said it and we meant it. I think all this is just hot air, until the majors announce their intentions its all just blah blah blah.

Just like the NFL player who throws second punch is always the guy that gets flagged.

I was expecting something more from the PGA Tour. Something other than vilifying those who left and praising those who stayed. I don’t get trying to create the narrative of allegiance to Tour is more important than money, given that the Tour has held players back as far as pursuing certain opportunities to make more money for themselves as opposed to for the Tour.

Is it really retaliation when they said it would happen and it was known? It is more of we said it and we meant it. I think all this is just hot air, until the majors announce their intentions its all just blah blah blah.

The PGA is one with their backs against the wall. So no matter how they play it they will look the worst. But in the end what options do they have?

The PGA is one with their backs against the wall. So no matter how they play it they will look the worst. But in the end what options do they have?
Let players play both tours without repercussions?

Here is the LIV schedule.
1654785798981.png

Of course. memories are short for most people and as we've seen in lots of things in society, it's also who yells the loudest on social media.

That being said, the LIV Tour retailated to the PGA Tour's retaliation so its just now a vicious cycle in the grand scheme of things.

A bit sadly, some of the tone of the letter is the Tour's "we don't jest" response to Norman's "surely you jest" letter.

To be honest, all of this is starting to turn me off of both tours

Is it bad if I'm tuning in to watch the Liv broadcast....? Curious what this fiasco is all about.

Back