Pictures of your back swing

You're right. I looked at video today and It's pretty smooth going back initially then I definitely see a lifting motion. I actually bought one of those Callaway arm straps that are to keep you connected but have been reluctant to use it. Back when I started my instructor (a chain smoking Lee Marvin lookalike with a Prince Valiant haircut) wanted me to be conscious of completing my back swing with the shoulder turn. I'm thinking that may be a good sensation to try and get back to.

Glad to be of help. It's a problem of mine too. I end up with drives that are short and slicey. Too much turn and a hook comes out.

These days I think about setting my hands to the right on the backswing. The shoulder turn takes care of itself.

Glad to be of help. It's a problem of mine too. I end up with drives that are short and slicey. Too much turn and a hook comes out.

These days I think about setting my hands to the right on the backswing. The shoulder turn takes care of itself.

It's weird how these things develop. Was never a problem before. I was watching a practice swing and was all "nice swing you sexy beast" then saw the actual swing and was like "WTF are you doing moron???"

Thanks for the help and good luck to us!

From one of my last rounds of the year. Camera was on the ground so it is kinda from a low angle.

Is the shaft bending that much or is it a trick of the light? I'm no expert but man you look like you're about to unleash Hell onto that ball.

Not really certain to be honest, but I've always thought the pic was probably captured a few frames into my downswing and the visual shaft load was just due to this being right after my transition began at the top.

This was taken probably 4 years ago or so, and oddly I still remember the result of this range shot quite well - pretty long and straight flights, but I pushed it a bit right.

e6cea7de8f38aece7915cb2c9d5a70e2.jpg

6b0443c891519841996be64669fd3fc4.jpg
0ccfd6c6b5556da24fec4cb796102146.jpg
4cf39ca2e15171c4baea14c7b7eeca71.jpg
ef70fc8fbfce2149756ab8040fb16cce.jpg
4d6c5c8966405d9d7c045d3ec9df8c51.jpg
0152fa4a2e35329abdc6813c091cd20c.jpg

Not really certain to be honest, but I've always thought the pic was probably captured a few frames into my downswing and the visual shaft load was just due to this being right after my transition began at the top.

This was taken probably 4 years ago or so, and oddly I still remember the result of this range shot quite well - pretty long and straight flights, but I pushed it a bit right.

You need to pivot.That is the same thing I'm working to fix is what you are doing

From one of my last rounds of the year. Camera was on the ground so it is kinda from a low angle.

rrhat w

I did the same thing as you at the top.Your way to closed need to be completely open

the push makes sense as shut as that face is. but most of the other positions look really good. i don't see anything wrong with your pivot. from those positions, that's a great looking swing.

rrhat w

I did the same thing as you at the top.Your way to closed need to be completely open
Thanks, figures my issues this year were pull hooks.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I've been trying to flatten out but it looks the same as usual. It's no joke when they say what you're feeling isn't what's really happening. And I need to make that right knee more solid. Can see my right foot rolling outward. Curses!

A42F0A54-0B38-4E6C-BCA7-65107839237B_zpse2md1z3e.jpg

I tend to roll my right foot as well. But you have a such a powerful swing Paul. Only this I really see there is the elbow flying out a littlew.

Thanks, figures my issues this year were pull hooks.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Hard to type under the picture you posted.But you want that face to be the same angle as your left forearm at the top.Keep that feel and never ever let the face turn over.Use your body to hit the ball not the clubhead

Pivot what, exactly?

Not sure what he's referring to. Shut face doesn't produce a push, an inside out path with the club face not FULLY shut to the path produces a push.

Your positions are great for the driver with an up swing. The reason you would have a push is because your weight shift is not quite to the left side enough before the hand comes through. As your head goes up and away from the target, your hands are trying to catch up to the ball and shut the face. If you maintain your head position just a while longer, make a better shift to the left side, while coming from the inside path with your upward swing, that looks like a winner there. :good:

Hard to type under the picture you posted.But you want that face to be the same angle as your left forearm at the top.Keep that feel and never ever let the face turn over.Use your body to hit the ball not the clubhead

he can play from a shut club face just fine. lots of tour players do. he looks like a strong guy (he's playing c-taper x flex for God's sake!), so i'm sure he can power through impact and hold the face square. is it ideal? maybe not. but unless he's struggling with a low ball flight, or wild blocks or hooks, i wouldn't change a thing.

Shut isn't that big of an issue unless you are having issues with ball flight too low, snap hooks and such. That and I wouldn't read too much into a still frame from a video, they tend to be deceiving a little.

he can play from a shut club face just fine. lots of tour players do. he looks like a strong guy (he's playing c-taper x flex for God's sake!), so i'm sure he can power through impact and hold the face square. is it ideal? maybe not. but unless he's struggling with a low ball flight, or wild blocks or hooks, i wouldn't change a thing.
Just trying to help from all the information I'm learning from my teacher.

12417622_1132223166818445_3916581841634475217_n.jpg

Don't have pictures of the way up or down but here is one I SS'd from a video. Pretty satisfied.

Talk about an after thought tee box, must have been hey we should make the course longer, meh just throw it behind and below the old back ones.

the push makes sense as shut as that face is. but most of the other positions look really good. i don't see anything wrong with your pivot. from those positions, that's a great looking swing.

Thanks, dude. I'm not sure if I am always that shut at the top nowadays or not...I will have to get some vids shot once the weather breaks.

Not sure what he's referring to. Shut face doesn't produce a push, an inside out path with the club face not FULLY shut to the path produces a push.

Your positions are great for the driver with an up swing. The reason you would have a push is because your weight shift is not quite to the left side enough before the hand comes through. As your head goes up and away from the target, your hands are trying to catch up to the ball and shut the face. If you maintain your head position just a while longer, make a better shift to the left side, while coming from the inside path with your upward swing, that looks like a winner there. :good:

Thanks, dude. I get myself "stuck" where I'm trying to play catch up with my hands too often, a lot of this has to do with my weight not getting back to my left foot as you said. Good advice.

Definitely not a low ball flight (actually, it's higher than I'd like hence the Black Tie and C Tapers), and I have the strength to hold the face through impact, but I definitely need to look at my clubhead positions and fix them...rather than trying to just work around some easy to fix fundamental errors. I'll have a look at my swing once the season arrives here in Ohio and go from there.

Just trying to help from all the information I'm learning from my teacher.

Appreciate the posts, Chip.

Talk about an after thought tee box, must have been hey we should make the course longer, meh just throw it behind and below the old back ones.
It's kind of deceptive ha! Yes it is slightly lower. This is actually my colleges course. They just renovated the entire course this past year. It's a far cry from the old 30s course!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

There are a bunch of tight swings in here! Some of the angles are bringing a gangsta tear to my eye.

afc88b69a38374a591f4bd3a687a0448.jpg

Screen shot this while filming my swing at the range. Looks decent to my untrained eye but I really have no idea.

afc88b69a38374a591f4bd3a687a0448.jpg

Screen shot this while filming my swing at the range. Looks decent to my untrained eye but I really have no idea.
Could be the angle but looks like you have no hip rotation. Really hard to tell though you really need to get one straight down the line.

Latest I have. Not the best quality image

42f4b34576e6b38836d2385f4eddcbc5.jpg

Back