PING Blueprint Irons Lineup

They do take more “work” to hit them than my i230.

Completely agree with this. My first range session was pure joy (off matt). I was hitting great shots and thought these are the best clubs I've ever owned. Played two rounds of golf, they humbled my game big time, lol. These will be an all-time iron, but you definitely need the game for them.

Medlab Join Us GIF by Informa Healthcare
Best iron decision I have made since my S55s

I’m having some fun with these. They don't let you get away with a lot of nonsense, but are forgiving enough that I'm not left wondering if I'd been better off with a combo set with the i230's. If your a fan of the player's profile, or looking to move into this space, these are worth a look this year. It's been nice to see some additional spin across the board, and I like that I feel like I can get aggressive with long irons after seeing very consistent launch and peak height on the monitor. Need winter to hurry up and get out of here!

1000058315.jpg

Not launching today but still all over the number. I love these clubs.

I resisted for a while but finally gave these a whack. I like the Blueprint S. I wouldn't consider a switch because I can't say I like them any more than what I have but they are a good option.

I hit the S on the range yesterday. They feel and look great , if I was looking for irons these would be on the short list. Also saw the T, way too tiny.

IMG_0400.jpegIMG_0399.jpeg

Just picked up my blueprint S set with modus 125 shafts. Excited to try them out. My plan is to blend 3-6 into my miura set. To get the swingweight to match across the 2 sets the pings needed 4 grams of tape. Should be interesting to compare, as the pings have a noticeable wider sole with more effective bounce. From address position the pings blade length doesn’t look that much longer but comparing the soles they are longer.IMG_5173.jpegIMG_5174.jpegIMG_5175.jpegIMG_5172.jpeg

IMG_1835.jpegIMG_1836.jpegIMG_1839.jpegIMG_1840.jpeg

Had a really good round with these on the sim this morning. Long irons are powerful, and I’m loving the consistency and added spin. I’m hopeful some of this success I’m seeing indoors will transfer outside this year, I’ll still be swapping back and forth between these and the SMS Pros, and I think this might be a pretty interesting battle.

Had a really good round with these on the sim this morning. Long irons are powerful, and I’m loving the consistency and added spin. I’m hopeful some of this success I’m seeing indoors will transfer outside this year, I’ll still be swapping back and forth between these and the SMS Pros, and I think this might be a pretty interesting battle.
The long irons have a little more than I would have guessed based on the rest. And I like that they start the cavity cut out at the 5.

The long irons have a little more than I would have guessed based on the rest. And I like that they start the cavity cut out at the 5.
I do too. Kind of nice to have that idea of a bit more forgiveness in those cut-off irons, and might help attract a few more potential buyers like myself that are confident enough to want to play a CB-style iron, but might have hit the easy button and went with a combo set if that added help wasn’t there. If I see a 4i out in the wild this year I’d love to compare it to what I’ve got in that slot - the long irons have impressed me quite a bit.

Got to hit my S set for the first time yesterday. A beautiful 60 degree day, I brought my shag bag and launch monitor out to my clubs range which hasn’t opened yet as the season has yet to start in the northeast. PW and 6 iron only. Miss hits were definitely penalized far less than my miura set, but still provided plenty of feedback on contact etc. 6 iron was flying around 193 with spin in the low to mid 6000 rpm range. This was all off a mat, so looking forward to trying them off grass to see their turf interaction etc. Getting my carry distances dialed in will be of importance as I’m thinking their will be a large gap to my 52 wedge and might have to tweak some lofts, or better yet just buy a new S159 50 degree!

These got another Tour win of anyone noticed.

Another lovely day with the S on course. Couple tough ones but had nothing to do with the club and stuck a bunch again. Really enjoying them out there. Love the feel and the feedback.

I really like the look of the "S" BP irons. A bit of a toss up between these and the Srixon ZX7 Mk II irons.

I really like the look of the "S" BP irons. A bit of a toss up between these and the Srixon ZX7 Mk II irons.
Ya, both are awesome irons. The new black chrome finish on the srixon is nice too.

I will say from my brief experience with both, is that the pings launch and spin a little higher, which for me is why I originally passed on the srixon when I tried them as the launch window was too low for me. The pings also look better to my eye. I don’t think it’s which one is better, but which one fits the player best.

I don’t think it’s which one is better, but which one fits the player best.
I agree. I saw the black finish on both sets, and if I go with Srixon I would prefer the satin finish. I'll have to hit both to figure out which way to go.

After 9 day of back stiffness I finally got to hit them at the driving range. Mid 60's light breeze in your face but I was very impressed with the consistency from 110-130 using my 9 and 8 iron. Shot after shot 10-15 ft. from the pin. 5-7 iron no target to aim at but everything stayed on line as I even had a few mishits that had close to the same distance and not off line by much at all. Very forgiving for such a compact looking set of irons and the feel is amazing. By far the best feeling set of PING irons that I've ever hit. I'm sure the BP T's are just as nice if not better but Wow I'm loving this irons. I still have a good 2 weeks or better before I get out and play as my swing is only up to about 60% of my full swing

Another round with these today. I am starting to learn my distances and tendencies. These iron feel and perform great. Such a positive feel at impact and the thinner soul does well with my shallow A.O.A.

Last edited:
Looked at the blueprint S’s some mores the got the offset wrong on the long irons. I’m out.

Looked at the blueprint S’s some mores the got the offset wrong on the long irons. I’m out.
To be honest when I first saw the 3 iron I was a bit surprised at the amount of offset, but at address it helps frame the ball and is not so noticeable imo. I actually wouldn’t mind a little less progression through the set, giving the short irons just a tad more offset.

As someone who grew up playing blades that had noticeably more offset then what you generally see in players irons today, it was one of the reasons why I pulled the trigger on them. Not many blades or player irons today that don’t feature “minimal offset” in their description.

Back