PING G410 Hybrid Review

Jman;n8902370 said:
Oh, the Flash is consistent as the 410, it’s just a hell of a lot longer too. Haha

That would really screw up my gaps, the 410’s are right where I want them. No need for me to move from these beauties.

I've struggled with these. I hit the 22 degree and it was a monster, high ball flight and about 205-210 carry. That spot is already covered in my bag though, so I tried the 19 degree and just could not get it to launch, so frustrating. I'm getting the same distance as I was with the 22 degree, maybe a touch less but nowhere near the height. Such a shame.

Danimal;n8902377 said:
That would really screw up my gaps, the 410’s are right where I want them. No need for me to move from these beauties.

The only benefit might be going with a shorter club for the same distance, but I would not be up for chancing a difference in launch, spin or directional control. As of now, these guys have my 225 yd carry and my 240 carry covered and the spin, launch and directional control are optimal. Just too good to mess with.

H8tobogie;n8904038 said:
The only benefit might be going with a shorter club for the same distance, but I would not be up for chancing a difference in launch, spin or directional control. As of now, these guys have my 225 yd carry and my 240 carry covered and the spin, launch and directional control are optimal. Just too good to mess with.

You also have 4,325 inch pythons.

keto;n8904479 said:
I picked up a G410 22*, but didn't swing it or adjust it in store as I have pulled rib muscles. Get it home, take it apart to go up 1* and flat.....wait a minute, I don't see the adjustments for F, just the - o + 5 settings. Where is the F adjustment?

There should be F, F+, and F- settings on the adapter.

I'll go grab a pic of mine here in just a few minutes.

There should be "Flat" on the very bottom of the adapter beneath the settings:

71%2B8CvEeHKL._SX466_.jpg

Thanks, I never thought to look down that far, I was stuck on just looking at the markings on the collar. Thumbs up.

keto;n8904545 said:
Thanks, I never thought to look down that far, I was stuck on just looking at the markings on the collar. Thumbs up.

Happy to help!

For me, the flat settings have been a game changer.

The flash is longer.

The flash is faster.

The flash is as forgiving.

This though, this hybrid fills my gaps and wants PERFECTLY. Today, first round post flash review, cemented how freaking fantastic these are for me. I could likely replace the 19* (18 in my bag) 3H with the flash 4H (21), but....I'm not sure I will.

keto;n8904545 said:

In all fairness, those settings aren't visible until you remove the club head. There is no marking for the flat settings on the hosel that can be seen when the shaft is inserted in the head like there are for the regular settings..

gmiller598;n8908054 said:
In all fairness, those settings aren't visible until you remove the club head. There is no marking for the flat settings on the hosel that can be seen when the shaft is inserted in the head like there are for the regular settings..

Funny thing was, before I posted I had loosened the head and pulled the shaft up *just* far enough to not see the F markings, so I came in here pretty confused :p

I currently have a G 22 degree. Reading the review and thread got me interested in the G 410. I hit the G 410 the other day. I noticed an improvement in ball flight. I hit the ball higher and longer with the G 410. I’m considering adding this to my bag for next year.

Bernoulli;n8908107 said:
I currently have a G 22 degree. Reading the review and thread got me interested in the G 410. I hit the G 410 the other day. I noticed an improvement in ball flight. I hit the ball higher and longer with the G 410. I’m considering adding this to my bag for next year.

MASSIVE jump from the G. You wouldn’t regret it.

Thanks. I enjoy reading your reviews and I appreciate that you remain involved in the thread.

Still haven’t hit it full shot, but I get to know something about how it chips short range, so I hit it many times 6-15’. Tell u what, Turbolators are dead on sweet spot and it rolls really straight. I would use it (3hy) for a rolling bump with confidence.

Still haven’t hit it full shot, but I get to know something about how it chips short range, so I hit it many times 6-15’. Tell u what, Turbolators are dead on sweet spot and it rolls really straight. I would use it (3hy) for a rolling bump with confidence.
Haha, I love it!

I actually taught my HS girls that shot this week, so streaking with a wedge I showed them the trusty hybo putt/chip!

Eh, I got a long winter and a 10’ putting hill in a big connected garage. I’m usually pretty decent short game, you’d be amazed at all the different shots you can hit out of your bag with a decent backstop just with that. Teaches touch. The worst blade at that speed isn’t THAT dramatic :eek:

I had a demo for a couple of rounds. Must say it was long, straight and very easy to hit. After careful consideration, I have one on order.

I had a demo for a couple of rounds. Must say it was long, straight and very easy to hit. After careful consideration, I have one on order.
Very nice. Looking forward to your feedback as you get more and more time with it.

I had 3 shots with my Pings today. Hit a fairway with a 230 yard tee ball (3h), hit the green from 208 with my 4HY and got green side on a par 5 with my second shots. These are so easy to hit well.

Still really enjoying my G410 hybo. To be honest, I went a smidge flat with it lately in terms of stand out shots, but even the run of the mill shots are still quite good.

Still really enjoying my G410 hybo. To be honest, I went a smidge flat with it lately in terms of stand out shots, but even the run of the mill shots are still quite good.
Sometimes the run of the mill stable shots solidify a round. Not too much drama with these guys, just workhorses of the bag. I just kind of expect a high straight shot, a grinders delight.

Still firmly in my bag. The distance of the Flash hybrids is enamoring, but these are just all around consistent and confidence inspiring.

Sometimes the run of the mill stable shots solidify a round. Not too much drama with these guys, just workhorses of the bag. I just kind of expect a high straight shot, a grinders delight.
Agreed!!! Have you tried the crossover? Its actually quite good in its own right.

Still firmly in my bag. The distance of the Flash hybrids is enamoring, but these are just all around consistent and confidence inspiring.
How may more yards are you seeing from the Flash compared to the G410s? Are they as anti-left? I can't imagine replacing the Ping's anytime soon, but just curious how these compare.

Back