No turbulators on the FW crown.....interesting.

No turbulators on the FW crown.....interesting.

Probably did not need it on fwy. But I still do not like the flat sole - I like the shape of a smiley face. Wish they had changed it. Smiley face is easier out of bunkers and poor lies.

i'm still not wowed by the sole design aesthetics. obviously that has nothing to do with playability, and if they've found a way to improve upon the 400 max then I will be booking a fitting. will be interesting to see how it fares against my mavrik max, and if Callaway has something else released by then.

I hate when they dub the club sounds in so that it is the exact same sound every time someone hits. And on top of that, they use such an annoying sound!

I hate when they dub the club sounds in so that it is the exact same sound every time someone hits. And on top of that, they use such an annoying sound!

Thought driver sounded better than fairways.

Ping appears to have added sound fins ("sound lips") inside the driver heads to support a better sound.

That's what the below says....

1598894487848.png

i'm still not wowed by the sole design aesthetics. obviously that has nothing to do with playability, and if they've found a way to improve upon the 400 max then I will be booking a fitting. will be interesting to see how it fares against my mavrik max, and if Callaway has something else released by then.

According to the video, this new Max head is like 600RPM lower spin than the G400 Max.

Probably did not need it on fwy. But I still do not like the flat sole - I like the shape of a smiley face. Wish they had changed it. Smiley face is easier out of bunkers and poor lies.
I'm with you. While I'm sure they're fine fairway woods, I cannot stand the sole. Or the overall shape of them for that matter.

I can appreciate the fact that the driver will look extremely similar at address to what they've done in the past.

Ping appears to have added sound fins ("sound lips") inside the driver heads to support a better sound.

Interesting. I wonder if those baffles also provide some additional stiffness as well.

In the first 1:15 of this video, the google auto translate into english told me about buying an empty moon and an enema.
Sounds like a fun Friday night for you... :p

According to the video, this new Max head is like 600RPM lower spin than the G400 Max.

fwiw that is not good news for someone like I am, unless it also comes with an increase in launch. reduced spin means reduced carry for me more often than not.

fwiw that is not good news for someone like I am, unless it also comes with an increase in launch. reduced spin means reduced carry for me more often than not.
Well, it was a for a specific persons, single swing....so take it with a grain I suppose. My guess is Ping will report something more tame.

Go to 06:20 in the driver video to see....

In the iron SPECS section we have a very stereo-typical/racist translation.....

Rye angle (degree) :)

Over 10k combined moi for the Max. Is that the first driver ever to achieve over 10k ?

Over 10k combined moi for the Max. Is that the first driver ever to achieve over 10k ?

I believe the G400 Max is 9900 MOI. What's the MOI on the G425 Max?

I believe the G400 Max is 9900 MOI. What's the MOI on the G425 Max?

Not sure the exact number but the > 10k came from this article

In the CG charts floating around the web, the combined moi of the G410 Plus was 8,984. This article says they increased it 14% over the G410 Plus which should equal 10,242 for the G425 Max.
1598964899188.png

Isn't it easier to add spin with either a shaft change or increasing the loft than it is to lower spin (while still keeping the carry up)?

Back