I wonder if this LST will sound better.
It has to sound better, right?

I love the look. Currently gaming a G410. May buy the cheaper G425. My friend has one and the sound doesn't bother me a bit

I love the look. Currently gaming a G410. May buy the cheaper G425. My friend has one and the sound doesn't bother me a bit

The 425 is very forgiving but there are other clubs that are faster.

I will buy the 10.5* LST ā€ but I'm not getting rid of my 425Max 9*

Hopefully the sound is better, I just couldn't get over the sound of the 425 Max.

Though I almost pulled the trigger on a 425 Max LST when my home range was blowing out demos for $215 last weekend. For that price I could have tolerated the sound, lol.

Maybe carbon will help it not bust eardrums?

I think Ping likes the eardrum busting sound. There are plenty of ways to tune the noise down.
Or they donā€™t care, Iā€™m betting on that one.

Hopefully the sound is better, I just couldn't get over the sound of the 425 Max.

Though I almost pulled the trigger on a 425 Max LST when my home range was blowing out demos for $215 last weekend. For that price I could have tolerated the sound, lol.
The 425 LST sounds way different compared to the max. I could not stand the sound of the max so I sold that one pronto. The 425 LST sounds much better IMO.

The 425 LST sounds way different compared to the max. I could not stand the sound of the max so I sold that one pronto. The 425 LST sounds much better IMO.
But still loud. šŸ˜‰

They need to go for that "popping a can of beer" sound when you hit the ball.

Ping lost me with the 425, I really tried to like it but the Titleist TSi2 was way better for me. I played the 425 for a while but just couldnā€™t come to terms with the sound. I wonā€™t even bother.

I had a 425 ping max driver and it was really really loud I hit it against a few others and found that it was really really loud lol called ping they sent me a shipping label to send it back to them and they will test it. Got a call and sure enough it didn't pass the factory test too loud lol 3 days later a breand new driver was in my hands and was so much quieter some of you may have same issue. On a side note I used a TSI2 Demo while ping was at ping and if I driver would have come back from ping saying the driver was fine the TSI2 Would have been in my bag it's that good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a 425 ping max driver and it was really really loud I hit it against a few others and found that it was really really loud lol called ping they sent me a shipping label to send it back to them and they will test it. Got a call and sure enough it didn't pass the factory test too loud lol 3 days later a breand new driver was in my hands and was so much quieter some of you may have same issue. On a side note I used a TSI2 Demo while ping was at ping and if I driver would have come back from ping saying the driver was fine the TSI2 Would have been in my bag it's that good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a really good driver. When I was the in driver desert between G400 Max's, I almost bought a Tsi2 after being fit for one at my club. It was REALLY good. I just couldn't convince myself it to pay that much for a driver. But when the TSR is out for. a bit, there's a good chance I'll look at one.

Not sure who this guy is, but this popped up in my youtube queue today.
he is hitting the LST model with the carbon. Coming from a G425 LST he seems pretty impressed.

Here is one with the max version, to my ears it sounds miles betterā€¦.even nice

So theyā€™ve lifted embargo or releases this early overseas again? I just need a simple yes or no.

So theyā€™ve lifted embargo or releases this early overseas again? I just need a simple yes or no.
Technically no, but itā€™s a super weird release. You will hear more in the US in January.

Technically no, but itā€™s a super weird release. You will hear more in the US in January.
For the first time (other than the Morgan Cup goodies) I don't have a Ping product in my bag during my golfing career. I'm not looking back. I'm sure it will be tempting but there are a lot of other companies that have guys that care about us, the crazed lunatic fringe, and this forum. (Just my perspective and I'd say some others agree.) Cobra, Callaway, Mizuno among others put us in position to do amazing things (and keep our hearing)

For the first time (other than the Morgan Cup goodies) I don't have a Ping product in my bag during my golfing career. I'm not looking back. I'm sure it will be tempting but there are a lot of other companies that have guys that care about us, the crazed lunatic fringe, and this forum. (Just my perspective and I'd say some others agree.) Cobra, Callaway, Mizuno among others put us in position to do amazing things (and keep our hearing)
Iā€™m a ping fan and the staggered release can be a let down for me. But from a business perspective, as I understand it, they are doing it because The other side of the planet is in their prime golf season. So strike when hot.

Itā€™s puzzling, as you said it, for us lunatic fringers that know about it. But The Remaining 99.9% of golfers have no clue about release dates. They either see an ad on the Golf Channel or go into a store to check out new clubs.

so to them, none the wiser.

With my season winding down here in OH Iā€™m going wait to Jan and see if the 430 can beat my 425. If the sound is improved (both videos today seem to indicate that) plus the lime colorway which I like, ping might be taking my money.

Iā€™m a ping fan and the staggered release can be a let down for me. But from a business perspective, as I understand it, they are doing it because The other side of the planet is in their prime golf season. So strike when hot.

Itā€™s puzzling, as you said it, for us lunatic fringers that know about it. But The Remaining 99.9% of golfers have no clue about release dates. They either see an ad on the Golf Channel or go into a store to check out new clubs.

so to them, none the wiser.

With my season winding down here in OH Iā€™m going wait to Jan and see if the 430 can beat my 425. If the sound is improved (both videos today seem to indicate that) plus the lime colorway which I like, ping might be taking my money.
Iā€™m sure custom fitting was key but I demolished my G425 at the Shaft Up event. No looking back. I turned it into an Odyssey putter. Been waiting on i230 irons to the point Iā€™ve been called a ā€œhomerā€ but they wonā€™t go in the bag. Itā€™s all become a big @$$ joke from them. Other stuff is just as good if not better and the BS doesnā€™t follow.

But still loud. šŸ˜‰

Not mine. Added a rubber o-ring washer between the back weight and the club and it's so muted now, sounds like a carbon driver.

Not mine. Added a rubber o-ring washer between the back weight and the club and it's so muted now, sounds like a carbon driver.
interesting. any link to the type of O ring you used?
I needed o-rings all the time in RC Racing...Maybe I have one laying around in my old parts container.

Back