Ping K15 Driver Review

Alright I took it to the range in 34 degree weather and its great. It is harder to slice it but it can be done. I thought distance and feel where very good. I know these are 2 areas that I have read this driver was lacking. I am happy with my purchase. Clubs galore this winter. I swear I spend more in the winter on golf than the summer. Can't wait to get back out there.

qLnGxFr75b764UcYTIuBqtNIMtjGIsiidhxIZiufriXrbp4SBtc6CvxkfBrEnNTIF7MNEMmTwZE=w1495-h685

oKiaR5sSOm6FnjepUdNXPT1EI0KUMbu0BVGe9vF4hVWn1v2x6Z9fsEsEx9fETnf-h_qKv-TwNL8=w1495-h685

Nothing is completely fool proof, but this driver is close. Enjoy.

How are the stock shafts on these? I've seen a few reviews that say to go up a flex, as the R flex is a bit whippy. I normally play an R flex, if I should happen to pick one up would the R fit me or should I go for S? I don't think I'll get the chance to hit one of these on a monitor. Swing speed is low 90's, avg drive is 220-240.

I have it in stiff and have a swing speed of around 100-105 and get it out there around 250-260 pretty much all carry.

How are the stock shafts on these? I've seen a few reviews that say to go up a flex, as the R flex is a bit whippy. I normally play an R flex, if I should happen to pick one up would the R fit me or should I go for S? I don't think I'll get the chance to hit one of these on a monitor. Swing speed is low 90's, avg drive is 220-240.

I can't comment on that as when I had this driver, I had the RIP alpha in it. My gut says go S with the rest of the feedback on here.

Would I be correct to assume that SF tech will not fit me well if my miss is a hook?

Eh. If that is your standard miss and your normal ball flight is a draw then I'd say no- go regular g30 or away from the k15. If it is your secondary miss (as mine is - my typical miss is a slice/fade) then I think you should give it a shot and at least test it.

I have a 94 mph swing speed I went with Reg. I dont consider it whippy. BUT I do feel that the loft is understated

I have a 94 mph swing speed I went with Reg. I dont consider it whippy. BUT I do feel that the loft is understated

As in it launches higher? If that is a yes, I agree. I did see a higher ball flight than my g15 when I had both in the same loft. Could be spin related though.

Congrats, JB you should have done the drawing from the course, you could have handed him the club :)

As in it launches higher? If that is a yes, I agree. I did see a higher ball flight than my g15 when I had both in the same loft. Could be spin related though.

Could be spin related definitely launches higher than my 588 set at 11.

I think Ping drivers generally are under stated (i.e. what is stamped on the head is lower than what is reality). A buddy of mine wanted a 10 degree driver, and Ping sent one digitally measured that was stamped 8.5.

A lot of OEMs are this way actually. Another site did a measurement test and most drivers were off by 2 degrees.

I think Ping drivers generally are under stated (i.e. what is stamped on the head is lower than what is reality). A buddy of mine wanted a 10 degree driver, and Ping sent one digitally measured that was stamped 8.5.

A lot of OEMs are this way actually. Another site did a measurement test and most drivers were off by 2 degrees.

Interesting. Either way I found this to launch pretty high.

I'm 15 minutes from a Golfsmith with a $50 gift certificate. Someone please tell me the K15 won't be an improvement over my Big Bertha. PLEASE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 15 minutes from a Golfsmith with a $50 gift certificate. Someone please tell me the K15 won't be an improvement over my Big Bertha. PLEASE.

Can't do it. Especially if you fight the "rights" :)

Went to the range just to work irons. With 1 last ball I decided it would give me an opportunity for a pressure K15 driver shot. So I imagined a gallery of beautiful women staring at me to increase the pressure and then swung and striped a perfect drive 240 dead center. And the crowd goes wild.

Russ,

Just buy the damn club already. Stop using us as an enabling crutch! :tongue:

Russ,

Just buy the damn club already. Stop using us as an enabling crutch! :tongue:

Lol!! I literally just walked out of Golfsmith, they have none.

I think I'm going to have to track one down. The SF Tec G30 was recommended to me today after hitting a number of drivers at Golfsmith, but I can't justify $350 for a new driver right now. The K15 may be a great alternative.

Eh. If that is your standard miss and your normal ball flight is a draw then I'd say no- go regular g30 or away from the k15. If it is your secondary miss (as mine is - my typical miss is a slice/fade) then I think you should give it a shot and at least test it.
It has actually got a nuetral face believe it or not although draw biased by design and weighting. Went to Dicks and all they had in stock are still 2 10.5's regular flex. I might go ahead and get it it's only 79.99 brand new and go ahead and put a blue board in it.

I say go for it. The only ones at both Dicks near me are lefties.

I say go for it. The only ones at both Dicks near me are lefties.

Hey bro is your 58° snake eyes the tl4 and if so how does it perform?? I'm thinking about ordering one from GS.

It has actually got a nuetral face believe it or not .

Actually this is not 100% accurate.
It depends on how you sole the K15.

This was hashed out on another golf forum.

If you play your hands low and the sole touches the ground where the heel weight is it rotates the face closed by a good margin.

On an even different forum it was measured as having a 3* closed face.

If you play your hands higher so that the center of the sole touches the ground it sits more neutral.

The K15 was a driver that I REALLY wanted in the bag. So much so that I've owned 5 of them. 3 stock and two with aftermarket shafts. All 5 of them just simply hooked too much with my inside to out swing.

I now play the g30 SF Tec and couldn't be happier. Baby draw to straight flight.

I'm on a mission - today I'm on the road for meetings, and there's 2 Dicks plus a Golfers Warehouse all along my travels. Going to see if I can track one down.

I'm on a mission - today I'm on the road for meetings, and there's 2 Dicks plus a Golfers Warehouse all along my travels. Going to see if I can track one down.

Russ, if you come up empty, I'm almost certain they have some at the Dick's in Nashua. What loft/flex are you looking for? I'm heading up that way to pick something up, and I can check for you.

Russ, if you come up empty, I'm almost certain they have some at the Dick's in Nashua. What loft/flex are you looking for? I'm heading up that way to pick something up, and I can check for you.

10.5 R flex is what I'm after.

Dicks #1 is down with no luck. Plenty of 5 woods and G 20 drivers. But no K15 drivers.

Back