Ping K15 Driver Review

Offset does not necessarily lead to a hook. It depends on the reason the hook is happening. To give yo uan example, the K15 is definitely weighted towards draw bias, but did so with a neutral face angle.

Yeppers, same with the SF Tec G30, you get the weighting without the offset.

In the end through, hooks come back to swing. Believe me I know that all too well. Hahahaha

Bought one due to this thread. Hit it good on the foresight can't wait to get outdoors. Bought new irons too. I hate winter. Cost me more than the golfing does in the summer.

So much love for this one. I did the same thing. I miss it. I want to try the g30 as a replacement
I tried the G30 very nice club equal to the K15 in every way except feel. The K15 just feels like butter. It could just be me but I think glued shafts feel 10 times better than any adjustable heads out there.

Bought one due to this thread. Hit it good on the foresight can't wait to get outdoors. Bought new irons too. I hate winter. Cost me more than the golfing does in the summer.

I'm honestly considering doing the same. The K15 was high on my radar before I ended up lucking into the Big Bertha. Oh and I agree with you on the winter costing more than the summer, winter is when all my club ho'ing goes on :)

For roughly $72, I figured what the heck and bought one at 10.5*. Will take it out tomorrow and see what happens. I know I still have plenty of work to do on my swing (which is why I'm getting lessons) but if this club can keep me in (or at least closer) to the fairway, I'll be happy.

For roughly $72, I figured what the heck and bought one at 10.5*. Will take it out tomorrow and see what happens. I know I still have plenty of work to do on my swing (which is why I'm getting lessons) but if this club can keep me in (or at least closer) to the fairway, I'll be happy.

Did you get that on clearance at DSG, like you did with your Nickent club? For some reason, you guys get sweet clearance deals there but up here in MA, none of the Dicks around me ever have the clubs you guys get on clearance.

Did you get that on clearance at DSG, like you did with your Nickent club? For some reason, you guys get sweet clearance deals there but up here in MA, none of the Dicks around me ever have the clubs you guys get on clearance.
Yes, I did. The tag said $107.97 but someone told me that with golf equipment at DSG, that anything ending in $0.97 in the sale section means they'll cut another percentage off. So, I walked up to the register and wham-o! more discount.

I'm in the same boat. I asked the guy at Dicks the other day and he said they ship all there used gear and demos to a different location. I was like wtf?? So I went to Wide World of Golf and hit the Mizuno 850 and couldn't stand it but they had some great deals on used Titleist drivers. There's one on ebay for 179 but I might wait a week until 2015 and see if it drops more by then.

I tried the G30 very nice club equal to the K15 in every way except feel. The K15 just feels like butter. It could just be me but I think glued shafts feel 10 times better than any adjustable heads out there.

The thing I disliked the most about the K15 was the sound and feel. Granted, the G30's not great either, but the K15 is never going to be on my list of a good sounding or feeling driver. It has that crunching aluminum can sound that I do not like.

Offerings from Callaway (composites), Cobra and Tour Edge all sound and feel way better to me than the Pings.

The thing I disliked the most about the K15 was the sound and feel. Granted, the G30's not great either, but the K15 is never going to be on my list of a good sounding or feeling driver. It has that crunching aluminum can sound that I do not like.

Offerings from Callaway (composites), Cobra and Tour Edge all sound and feel way better to me than the Pings.
I'm just the opposite. I loved the sound when you hit it on the screws it had a nice hollow "pop" for me. I don't like PVD plated drivers I think they add to lost distance IMO I wish they went back to the old school faces on some of these newer drivers. Granted it might sound a little better but for feel and sound and more importantly accuracy+distance, the K15 is actually spot on for me.

Last edited:

I always shorten the shaft and add some hot melt, makes both sound and feel better.

K15 12* was the best thing I've done for my sons game. I hit it from time to time just to see how easy it is to hit. GREAT club!

I'm just the opposite. I loved the sound when you hit it on the screws it had a nice hollow "pop" for me. I don't like PVD plated drivers I think they add to lost distance IMO I wish they went back to the old school faces on some of these newer drivers. Granted it might sound a little better but for feel and sound and more importantly accuracy+distance, the K15 is actually spot on for me.

That's cool. Sound and feel are very personal and what one likes another one might hate. My favorite drivers from sound and feel to this day are the Callaway FT composite series. Other people think they sound dead. I think they sound and feel like a hammer hitting a golf ball and I like it.

For me, the K15 was one where if you could get over the hump aesthetically, it was a fantastic stick. I probably should have tried using cotton balls or hot melt (like others have mentioned) to try and quiet it out. It was forgiving and I hit an awful lot of fairways with it.

11/14 FIR. Around 205-215 yards which is my average. Not bad for a 5 year old release. Think I may bring this down to Charleston with me for a round on New Years.

11/14 FIR. Around 205-215 yards which is my average. Not bad for a 5 year old release. Think I may bring this down to Charleston with me for a round on New Years.

11/14 is pretty darn good. How was ballflight compared with your normal gamer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11/14 is pretty darn good. How was ballflight compared with your normal gamer?
I'd put it at around mid flight, very penetrating, certainly didn't sky any. I have a tendency to hit a low ball, and I think I read that it's designed to be a high trajectory club. I believe I definitely get a higher flight with the JetSpeed, but the JetSpeed is set to 13* and has a senior shaft, the K15 is 10.5* and a regular shaft. I also think the draw bias definitely helped today, as I had a very playable fade. Aimed left of fairway and typically wound up right in the middle. Otherwise, I wouldn't be surprised if I would have had to fight a slice all day.

I know some people didn't like the sound of this one, and perhaps sound really doesn't mean much to me but I thought it sounded fine. It could have sounded like a tin can for all I cared ... I wasn't losing distance and was in the fairway.

You're making it really hard for me to resist Deuce... my miss is a slice too, although with the Bertha I've gotten it somewhat under control. Still, I'd rather trade some distance with newer tech in exchange for a fairway finder, which is what pretty much everyone who's used the K15 has called it.

I should be hitting it tomorrow for the 1st time outdoors. I think it might get up to 37 degrees.

I might just go ahead and pay the 179.99 on the bay. It's actually totally worth it the more I think about it. I'll wait til Friday though....the wife and I might do some after x mas shopping and I'll check Dicks and a few well stocked pro shops along the way one more time. Damn I miss this driver.

Ya'll need to stop it! :alien:

Alright I took it to the range in 34 degree weather and its great. It is harder to slice it but it can be done. I thought distance and feel where very good. I know these are 2 areas that I have read this driver was lacking. I am happy with my purchase. Clubs galore this winter. I swear I spend more in the winter on golf than the summer. Can't wait to get back out there.

qLnGxFr75b764UcYTIuBqtNIMtjGIsiidhxIZiufriXrbp4SBtc6CvxkfBrEnNTIF7MNEMmTwZE=w1495-h685

oKiaR5sSOm6FnjepUdNXPT1EI0KUMbu0BVGe9vF4hVWn1v2x6Z9fsEsEx9fETnf-h_qKv-TwNL8=w1495-h685

some pics...

20141220_120443_20141220_131311.jpg
[/URL][/img]

20141220_123316_20141220_131350.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Nice man!!

I always loved that head cover for this driver it just pops in the bag. Can't wait to get mine for the second go.

K15 is a solid driver and the fairway is good as well. I have one laying around that I have thought about getting rid of but Ive kept it as a backup thus far. When my driver swing went to crap the K15 made my rounds manageable again.

Back