PING Sigma 2 Putters Bring Adjustability

Its wild, I have literally never had that problem and I golf a wee bit a year :alien:

I may or may not be a bit cavalier with my head covers..... kinda just throw/drop them across the green to where I will be walking off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ZB2 looks better than I had expected.

The ZB2 looks better than I had expected.

I rolled in on the Tour Links for about an hour last night after the sick kiddos were put to bed and the Doc passed out. The roll is nice, and the insert has come a LONG way since the last version I tried. Its not overly firm, which I greatly appreciate.

I may or may not be a bit cavalier with my head covers..... kinda just throw/drop them across the green to where I will be walking off.

LOL i do the same thing!

I rolled in on the Tour Links for about an hour last night after the sick kiddos were put to bed and the Doc passed out. The roll is nice, and the insert has come a LONG way since the last version I tried. Its not overly firm, which I greatly appreciate.

That’s interesting. I wasn’t really a huge fan of the last few lines to be honest but I’ve always tried the Pings first because of how easy it is to fit into the models. Firm is usually not my friend.

i rolled a few putts with the tyne and the fetch yesterday.

i love the adjustability. i think it’s brilliant. kudos to ping for that.

the fetch put a really good roll on the ball for me and i made a lot of putts. but the feel/sound was too high pitched.

the tyne felt a little better, but it was not stable for me despite its design and i pushed everything. that said, the fitter adjusted the fetch but not the tyne so maybe with the adjustment i would have found better results.

really cool concept here at a decent price point.

Mannnnnnnnnnnnnn I'm digging the sound/feel off of this one.

I rolled it on course for a few rolls (sick babies still cutting time short) and then more on the Tour Links last night.

The milling/pattern of the insert (and in PING's non-insert putters) is really underappreciated IMO. I spent some time on the putting gate aligning the ball to the heel and toe and the results are pretty cool to see.

I'm also a fan of the grip, even if I mocked it a bit when we first saw them.

Mannnnnnnnnnnnnn I'm digging the sound/feel off of this one.

I rolled it on course for a few rolls (sick babies still cutting time short) and then more on the Tour Links last night.

The milling/pattern of the insert (and in PING's non-insert putters) is really underappreciated IMO. I spent some time on the putting gate aligning the ball to the heel and toe and the results are pretty cool to see.

I'm also a fan of the grip, even if I mocked it a bit when we first saw them.

Which of the grips do you have?

I just stick mine onto one my my iron heads in the bag before heading to the green. You know, with the magnet :alien2:

I just stick mine onto one my my iron heads in the bag before heading to the green. You know, with the magnet :alien2:

Haha that’s using way too much critical thinking on a golf course

Which of the grips do you have?

The PP60 which has the flatter paddle section, reminds me a LOT of the SS Flatso

I spent some time over lunch rolling a few different putters and I was pretty impressed by this lineup. I am a big fan of the feeling the insert provides and I like the looks. The blue, while you don't see it from address, is something I really like but I can see where some may not be a fan. I didn't play around with the adjustability at all but this looks like a great lineup from Ping.

I rolled a few models of this today, including the Fetsch and ZB 2 and Tyne 4

feel was softer than I expected (for example the Scottys were much firmer)

sound seemed exactly like Odyssey's White Hot RX, with a slightly less lively feel in the hands (different grips though)

Fetch works as advertised but I was surprised by how small the face is

Tyne 4 rolled very nice for a toe hang 7 shape

I like the blue, it really pops without being everywhere

Haha I can’t stand Velcro. It just sticks to everything. Dirt gets in it and just a pain

I think it’s the noise of Velcro that makes me prefer magnets.

All are 33-36", not sure about custom longer options, I would bet you would lose the adjustability factor.

32”-36” according to the Ping site.
I play a 32” putter so I was on top of this lol

Westwood just won with a fetch.

Looking forward to receiving the Kushin C and posting my thoughts here. The description of being a good fit for players with little rotation in their stroke or a push tendency is perfect for my swing, I hope. I really miss my old center-shafted , so I am looking forward to returning to that setup but with a mid-mallet shape.

But the first thing I am going to do when I get it is see if my THP putter cover fits on it.

Looking forward to receiving the Kushin C and posting my thoughts here. The description of being a good fit for players with little rotation in their stroke or a push tendency is perfect for my swing, I hope. I really miss my old center-shafted , so I am looking forward to returning to that setup but with a mid-mallet shape.

But the first thing I am going to do when I get it is see if my THP putter cover fits on it.

I'm really pumped someone got the Kushin C, I think the roll is going to surprise you.

Got out to putt a little today with my fetch I picked up. Pretty sweet roll. I typically play a blade putter, but will all the awesome options out mallet wise, I figured why not. I was initially looking at the Tyne 4 as it has a slant neck but the fetch is pretty dang cool. Plus I can be lazy with it haha.

52db25a91288ef5985aaeb917da9e932.jpg

a72c6dc777af9f10a7362bfb4381a21b.jpg

The face on this for a mallet is pretty dang small though. Not sure if that’s a bad thing or not though. I like the look of it. The double bend is a little different to get used to looking at though.
cae4453cfb5902ba691ef58b3f9fb8af.jpg

Head cover is nice. The tool is very easy to use and as mentioned in the press release it will go from 32-36”.

4210799cc4816311d5178fd7f62cf225.jpg

Today practicing with it, it had a nice sound off the face. Middle hits were a good soft feel but the face is plenty responsive to off center hits. The pitch changes to a more solid ting type sound. I generally play with milled putters and this is obviously softer than my Byron, but not as soft as an odyssey insert imo. I was trying to decide between the exo and sigma 2 while in the store and inside, I enjoyed the ping more.

Only issue I had initially today was distance control with the softer face. That will be something I have to work on, but after a few minutes I was pretty zoned in on my stroke. Played with the length a little bit and finished off around 35” I think. My Byron is a 34” putter so we will see if it stays at 35 or goes shorter/longer. Really don’t know how to go about it. My arms feel comfortable with the longer and shorter lengths. My posture just changes a bit which didn’t have a huge impact on my stroke or putting as I feel i accommodate those changes pretty easily.

Any ways, excited to give it a run for a bit. Looking forward to the testers feedback as well.

I'm really pumped someone got the Kushin C, I think the roll is going to surprise you.

I’m really excited about it. Work is looking a bit busy for the next month, but I’m going to carve out some time to get some rolls in, even if it’s in my cheap indoor putting green.

I’m very much looking forward to hearing more about the adjustable length from people. Still unsure how it helps golfers, other than saving a grip, but I like the ingenuity in how its done.

I’m very much looking forward to hearing more about the adjustable length from people. Still unsure how it helps golfers, other than saving a grip, but I like the ingenuity in how its done.

I have a Sigma 2 ARNA and I was playing it at about 35”. I was messing around with it and lowered the length to 34.25. I like the length a lot better and it appears to be more consistent for me. I think the adjustability allows you to hone the right fit in. I am a chronic tinkerer, so that is why it fits me.

The adjustability is definitely something I’m excited to try. I’ve always been a 35” player and but curious to see if see any difference with small adjustments.

Patience isn’t my strong suit, so when I was at Golf Galaxy today I took a look at the sigma 2 line they had in stock. I love the look of the Kushin C and I have high hopes for it. If you have OCD tendencies like me, the center shaft design just looks natural to the eye.

I didn’t get to roll any because the GG employee was on me tighter than white on a golf ball, but I did hold it and take a few practice strokes to few the weight. I was expecting that it would be a bit heavier, but overall it had a nice balanced weight feel. I will compare it to my weighted O-Works once it arrives.

For me, I think the biggest adjustment will be to the grip. I play a Superstroke mid slim 2.0 currently, and the pistol grip on the Sigma 2 is definitely a different feel. But, the feature I look forward to trying most is the ability to adjust to intermediate lengths between inches, which should help me dial in my stance over the ball.

PING Sigma 2 Putters Bring Adjustability

So I just looked into the Sigma 2 grips more closely, and it looks like the Pistol shape grip I used today is just one of three options available for the entire line.

The PP60 grip is a lightweight midsize grip with some contouring.

The PP61 grip is the pistol grip that I tried today which I would compare to the traditional, tried and true Ping pistol grips we have all come to know.

The PP62 is their large, round grip.

Of the three, I would be more initially inclined to go with the PP60, but would not be opposed to giving the PP61 a try.

Back