I bought mine used here from a member, and how do I get that video access?
Not sure. I got mine when I bought mine. Perhaps he can give you the id and password.

pricey, yet one of Martin's best training aids. I couldn't say for sure, but I ran across an old video of his from 2015 where he might have gotten the idea. He simply took a length of rubber surgical tubing, attached one end just below the shaft several inches, the other end tied to a belt loop on his trail hip. Not nearly as good as his Plane Mate, but incorporates "some" of the same ideas.

Any folks still working with this? I have had mine for about a week and liking it. My problem has been too handsy and this device really emphasizes the turn through the ball without breaking the hands. Some solid concepts have already been ingrained even after just 1 week.

I use mine for a lot of chipping, pitching, and wedge shots.

Mine is supposed to arrive today. Plan is to use it as an adjunct to my off-season training with True Motion Golf.

I started back on the 7 day protocol last night.
Def feel like this is going to help but we shall see. Fingers crossed.

Mine is supposed to arrive today. Plan is to use it as an adjunct to my off-season training with True Motion Golf.
What do the True Motion guys think about it? Do they see it as complementary or integral to their program?

I have used this for over a year now with great results. I had two of my HS golfers start using this without hitting balls (went through the protocols). Now both had really idiosyncratic swings, in desperate need of rotation and sequencing. We had our first day of outdoor practice and I must say the one kid who took it seriously has really improved his move over-all and along with that came some real solid contact. , the other really didn't do much with it, and same old story there.

What do the True Motion guys think about it? Do they see it as complementary or integral to their program?
They recommend it as a training aid. That and the Smart Ball. (I bought a Smart Ball knock-off for about 1/3 the price last summer.)

True Motion in fact is a Tour Striker affiliate. There's an affiliate link page on TMG's site.

When I asked @TrueMotionMatt, he recommended the Plane Mate. I asked "as a supplement or as an adjunct to your training?" He indicated the latter. That's why I ordered mine right away.

He also pointed-out it would be particularly good in my case as my eval swing video showed I was bending my trailing arm too soon, and the Plane Mate would help cure me of that.

N.B.: If you think you're going to want it, I would recommend ordering sooner, rather than later. I waited until just before I expected to need it. It was then I discovered Tour Striker's claimed ship times are anywhere from 7-14 business days, possibly longer, depending upon shipping method and other factors. I almost ended-up not having it when I'd first need it. For some reason, though, TS actually shipped it the first business day after my order and shipped it regular FedEx (Express/2nd Day), so I'm getting it when I need it, after all.

It should go without saying: If you're a TMG student, I would recommend using their affiliate link to purchase.

Last edited:
I have used this for over a year now with great results. I had two of my HS golfers start using this without hitting balls (went through the protocols). Now both had really idiosyncratic swings, in desperate need of rotation and sequencing. We had our first day of outdoor practice and I must say the one kid who took it seriously has really improved his move over-all and along with that came some real solid contact. , the other really didn't do much with it, and same old story there.

Stupid question maybe... How did you get them to do it without hitting balls? Just following along with the videos and doing the swings? I really need to get into doing the
protocols but getting to the range daily is tricky (and expensive) for me to achieve.

@Chasing72 Just practice the movements without the ball. If you watch the first protocol I think he mentions you can do these without hitting balls.

@dacatalyst41 here is the original. I am a huge fan of the planemate, and I think it can benefit many players in all different aspects of their games (from full swing to short game). Love to hear how it works for you as you go through the protocols.

I'm still early in my training with True Motion. But so far I am enjoying both. Hope to be using the Planemate much more over the coming weeks as it warms up and the yard dries out :) I'll update my progress regularly since folks seem interested in feedback.

I am really liking the Planemate. I am slowly progressing thru the 7 day protocol. I can see how my chipping can be much more consistent But this is just a tool you still need to put the work in.

@dacatalyst41 here is the original. I am a huge fan of the planemate, and I think it can benefit many players in all different aspects of their games (from full swing to short game). Love to hear how it works for you as you go through the protocols.
Thanks! I’m hoping it arrives this week. I started watching the protocol videos already but I’m definitely looking forward to the hands on. One of the things that TXG noted was how well it trained their muscles in a short time and left them with the feeling of “ghost hands” when the bands were off. Driving that muscle memory in is pretty exciting for me.

Thanks! I’m hoping it arrives this week. I started watching the protocol videos already but I’m definitely looking forward to the hands on. One of the things that TXG noted was how well it trained their muscles in a short time and left them with the feeling of “ghost hands” when the bands were off. Driving that muscle memory in is pretty exciting for me.
The only advice that I would give is for people to be careful with the one handed protocols. You can develop a little tennis/golf elbow if you overwork the elbow or are prone to this already. You can be very successful in the protocols without doing the one handed protocols.

I'm glad I came and searched for the feedback of the Planemate on here. I had a lesson with my coach on Saturday because I am having issue with getting my head around how to stop casting. I can do one handed shots, and he is happy with the mechanics I have, but once I put that second hand on the club, I cast again. My coach recommended this training aid to me, and since I have gotten my simulator up and running, I should have no excuse to not find time to really work on these protocols. I am looking forward to getting this into my practice routine!

All the protocols get unlocked once you purchase from tourstriker, you must be logged in to view. The 7-day protocol is free to view, others are not.

View attachment 8967944
FYI: I bought my PlaneMate 2nd hand from someone on here but had no issues registering it and getting access to all the videos.

I really like the Planemate. My chipping is noticeably better and It is definitely helping with the Shallowing of the club.
When I make good contact I am def hitting the ball 10-15 yards farther than I was last year.

I had to get over not wanting to look stupid at the range. But that's just me. No one was laughing at me at least not to my face. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I just finished up the Day 1 protocol, and then hit some balls after, and the "ghost hands" effect is real. What a weird feeling that is. All in all, it was a good start.

These things are always sold out it seems, but still waiting to get one. Looks interesting.

It's funny in the Tour Striker academy they used a lot of their own training aids but the Plane Mate was not used on anyone.

It's funny in the Tour Striker academy they used a lot of their own training aids but the Plane Mate was not used on anyone.
That is interesting. I really like mine and still use it on occasion.

How did you like the academy?

That is interesting. I really like mine and still use it on occasion.

How did you like the academy?
The academy was really good. I like the fact that it is local so if I wanted a private lesson I can set it up. Also the CoachNow app they use is amazing. All of my 1:1 interactions with instructors was recorded so I have it on an app and saved forever.

Well, after one and a half year of use, the plastic clip that attaches to the shaft broke.

Back