Playing golf with your spouse

That's great! My wife plays once in awhile. She just started, so if the course is empty, she'll play

she also likes to ride along when I play (y)

She walked one of our dogs once while I played 9, and she swung the club three times. She doesn't have an interest in playing golf...

No, but if I can get my simulator up and running, it might get her going.

Nope, she has 0 interest in golf, and like the me time

I love spending time with her doing 100 other things, but golf would not be one of them

Took mine to top golf once. She liked it alright but wouldn’t ever suggest going back on her own.

I don’t think I’d ever get her in the course and I don’t mind that because we do most other things together and it’s one of the primary things I do with my guy friends away from our wives. Just like she has things she does with her GFs she understands golf is that for me and my buddies.

She’ll watch some of the Majors with me at least which is nice.

My wife used to but won't anymore. :(

my wife isn't that crazy about the game so I've been forced to make do with the 18-year-old Brazilian maid - she goes quite good.
I feel like there is more to this thank just "Golf" ;)! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I fairly famously (Only here on THP) play often with my wife. The wife and I often gamble for household chores and she is pretty good. She is the only member of our household with a HIO and at times @OITW wished he'd brought her to the Morgan Cup over myself.

Its a good activity to do together outside for fun, but we've learned to appreciate it more by playing with other friends separately as well. It does make golfing on vacation much easier and more guilt free!

Who does it?

I play almost exclusively with my wife and I love it. (y)

I reckon I’d enjoy it but she couldn’t stop talking long enough to take a shot, and before we got to the first green she would be telling me where I’ve been going wrong. :lol:

She walked the course with me once years ago and we lasted until the 5th hole.

She’s also a Shotokan instructor, so, you know.....

My wife has played for 6 or 7 years now... she loves it. Even gets upset when I tell her only I was invited and we don't have a spot for her. She gets around pretty well breaks 100 sometimes and absolutely loves the competition with the guys...
She's had back & knee issues this year and didn't play much but did close out a round with 5 pars in her last 11 holes a month or so ago. It was pretty impressive.
I'd say the only issues we have is when she's not really paying attention where I'm at and adapting to grabbing an extra club or taking the cart on up to the green. She's still learing some of those nuances...

If my wife was into the game I’d love to play with her, shes just got no interest though.

I have gotten my gf to the range once and got her to come drive the cart once but still no luck on getting her to really get into golf. We have a fun little executive with night golf near our house and I'm hoping I can convince her into a weekly night round there.

My wife plays a bit, she may play 1 out of every 3 or 4 rounds. My sons love to play though and often its us on the course together. We always have fun, but I also really enjoy playing with friends and fellow THPers without the fam; nice to have both options!

I'd only play with my wife if she had self interest. I've resisted trying to get her to have interest in the game. A friend tried that and it did not go well.

I've taken my wife out now a couple of times and she's hooked on golf! She played D1 tennis in college so she's a good athlete, but she way overanalyzes what she's doing on the golf course.

She did hit a couple of shots that were impressive during our trip to Branson: the first was a 40-yard shot over water to a front pin. I'm thinking she'll dump it in the water, but she hit a high, soft lob to about 10'. The other, after topping several iron shots, came after I told her not to think of anything but beating the ball under the ground. She was about 95-yards out and hit a medium-trajectory wedge that one-hop and stopped 5' past the pin!

she wants to play, has her own set and practices on our practice net in the garage once in a while but can't because of our kids. once they're older, i'm sure she'll want to get out more.

my wife will ride along, doesnt play but enjoys to get out and watch.

I fairly famously (Only here on THP) play often with my wife. The wife and I often gamble for household chores and she is pretty good. She is the only member of our household with a HIO and FOR ALL OF THE GOLF @OITW wished he'd brought her to the Morgan Cup over myself.

Its a good activity to do together outside for fun, but we've learned to appreciate it more by playing with other friends separately as well. It does make golfing on vacation much easier and more guilt free!

FIFY bud 😂

I am lucky to have a wife that golfs. We made it out a lot more than we have in the past. It also helped that our girls are old enough to come along now and we are going to join a club as a family in the spring. She is happier to see the beverage cart than a par but to each their own!

Back