Playing golf with your spouse

Jen started playing about 4 years ago now and loves it - we have played in a number of mixed competitions and even won a couple at our home club

She also plays on her day off during the week with the other ladies at the club and I play with a number of the guys at weekends or if I am off work during the week, so we both have other groups that we have rounds with as well as each other

Where did you two play in Hawaii??
I've played just about every course, aside from the military courses on all of the islands. If there is a resort, she'll usually tag along with me for the spa. The last place she actually played with me was the Palmer course at Turtle Bay, I think. Not my favorite course by a long shot, but a good time nonetheless.

Thanks to COVID19, it's been so long since we've been to Hawaii. It's been nearly a year, where we usually go 2-3 times.

I play a lot of golf with my wife. Both open play and tournaments and I love it.
She understands I need to play with the guys and she plays with the girls so we get twice the amount of golf in!

I would if I could, but she can't, so we don't :(

Several years ago it was discovered my wife has a back injury that entirely precludes the kind of twisting/motion required for a golf swing of any kind. So, while we'd planned to eventually take up golf together, she cannot join me.

11696ACB-B8AC-44D9-B541-2572C8AD3C85.jpeg

My wife and I usually enjoy a dozen rounds every year. This year we moved to a new home in the middle of the pandemic, we are still a bit out of sorts and, she’s hasn’t play since spring. I think she’ll be back in the groove next year.

My Wife has no interest in playing golf but she does enjoy riding along in the cart and sometimes driving it. She likes the peace and quiet of the late afternoon round.

I enjoy it when she goes out with me because it doesn't get to happen very often.

My wife went with me once when we first got together and rode in the cart. She wasn't a fan and hasn't gone back since.

My wife for many years was a vacation golfer. Her number one commitment is still to the kids. But, when the kids are away. She wants to play golf. One day, we'll be empty nesters and we'll play often.

My now ex wife never played but back before we hated each other she would drive the cart.

Weird woman, liked to walk on the greens barefoot.

My next wife (which will never happen, lol) will enjoy golf, enjoy golfing with me, will be an heiress, and her daddy will own a chain of liquor stores.

I plan to be single.

If my wife ever suggested playing golf together, I’d sell my clubs!

My wife is a golfer and a member at another course, different than mine. She has a large group of women that she plays with on average 3X per week.

Typically we play together once per year usually at a new course but this year with COVID and all the restrictions we did not play together at all. We have travelled together on vacation many times playing golf together but back home, my wife enjoys playing with her “girls”, no pressure to perform.

It would be nice if my wife had interest... but she doesn't. That's fine. She has her stuff. I have mine.

My son wants to play but I'm not letting him onto a course until he can reliably hit the ball.

I love golfing with my wife. She's actually quite decent too. Nothing better than strolling up to a tee box in front of guys who make that "I have to wait for a woman" face, and then watching her smash one down the fairway.

After joining the club this year, my wife was very excited to try golf. Got all the clothes and we found some hand me down clubs. Played 3 times and had a bunch of pain in her back. Went to the doctor and it turns out she has degenerative discs and won't really be able to play which sucks. The couple times we played were fun. It was nice to get out and do something new as a couple.

My wife has a couple of degenerative discs in her back also... there's no way she'd be able to play... although I can't even get her to drive the cart. She's that not interested.:ROFLMAO:

Haven't found one yet but hoping when I do that she likes to play and we can play some together. Here at my club I see a mix of it all. Some couple who always golf together, some who play together occasionally and other that never play together and only with there own groups.

Going to sub wife with GF... hard pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife rides along when we are on vacation and has no interest in playing. We work together so she likes me to go play golf and get out of her hair for a while. I am happy to oblige.

We had lots of fun for about a year, but she was a beginner and realized that to get good, she would have to put more time into it than she wanted to, so she doesn't play anymore.

Last edited:
My wife can swing a golf club, but it's not really her thing. She does have her own dust covered bag of clubs.

Most of the time when we play together, usually on road trips, she will just chip and putt on each hole. She will often hit off the tee box on par 3s. On a few occasions she will drop a ball near the 150 marker, and play from there. Scores, and rules are not her thing either.

Before the virus hit, she really like just being out on the course, driving the cart. Golfing was not her priority.

Sometimes we have a little competition, where she will drop a ball on or near the green. I play from tee box. Par is the same for both of us.

On a funny note, we were up in Mesquite playing the Casablanca course. On the third hole the cart lady showed up, and my wife and her got to talking. Before I knew it, they were both driving off together in the beverage cart. (?????) I'm thinking restroom stop?

About 45 minutes later they show back up, laughing and carrying on. Both had obviously been testing some of the beverages. My asked if I was ok, I told her no problems. With that, hey both sped off again on another cart path journey. My playing companions were a bit confused.

Afterwards, my wife told me that was one of the best times she had had golfing with me.

My wife can swing a golf club, but it's not really her thing. She does have her own dust covered bag of clubs.

Most of the time when we play together, usually on road trips, she will just chip and putt on each hole. She will often hit off the tee box on par 3s. On a few occasions she will drop a ball near the 150 marker, and play from there. Scores, and rules are not her thing either.

Before the virus hit, she really like just being out on the course, driving the cart. Golfing was not her priority.

Sometimes we have a little competition, where she will drop a ball on or near the green. I play from tee box. Par is the same for both of us.

On a funny note, we were up in Mesquite playing the Casablanca course. On the third hole the cart lady showed up, and my wife and her got to talking. Before I knew it, they were both driving off together in the beverage cart. (?????) I'm thinking restroom stop?

About 45 minutes later they show back up, laughing and carrying on. Both had obviously been testing some of the beverages. My asked if I was ok, I told her no problems. With that, hey both sped off again on another cart path journey. My playing companions were a bit confused.

Afterwards, my wife told me that was one of the best times she had had golfing with me.
Thats an awesome story! Love it

Back