Playing golf with your spouse

My Wife was never interested in golf. She saw it as something I do with my friends. Four years ago, she did some team building exercises at work, and one of the events was a golf outing. She asked me to run through the basics with her so she could play. We found a used set of clubs, and I walked her through how to swing and the basic rules of the game. She was athletic as a teen, and took to it quickly. She played the event, and had a great time, so we started playing together. The next year, she decided to upgrade her clubs, and bought a new Callaway set. It completely transformed her into a relatively decent player. She can hit the ball, and with good clubs she can hit the ball well.

We live on a small farm about 40 miles from our hometown, where most of our friends still live. So, most of the time we just play local courses out near us. I do miss getting to play with my friends all the time, but I certainly don't hate having my Wife as a golf buddy.

As much as I’d like her company, my wife’s personality doesn’t lend itself to a game as difficult as golf.
It also doesn’t help that the guy she dated before me was a golfer and soured her on it by the way he treated her on and off the course. :mad:

I wish mine played, but I can’t get her to consider starting. I have eight regular golf buddies and only one has a wife that plays. When they go away on holiday, they will play a local course together ... whereas I have to play alone or take my chances with whomsoever I might meet at the course.

I don't have a spouse but if I did i'd hope she was a golfer as well.

Who does it?

I play almost exclusively with my wife and I love it. (y)
My wife was just taking up the game and was doing well with it, but then she left me. Hope it wasn’t the golf, LOL. Seriously, even though she was a beginner, I really enjoyed playing with her.

I wish I could but we've tried and my wife lacks the following:

A: any and all athletic ability
B: patience
C: being able to stay quiet in a person's backswing

I commend her for trying a few times, but I don't think she'll be joining me much more.

I sometimes play with my wife! She played golf in high school but I think that was more for her parents. She gets bored quite easily (still not sure how that can happen with golf 🤷‍♂️) so she’ll typically only play 9. Went on vacation a couple months ago and I wanted to play 18 so she came along played the holes she wanted and knitted in the cart on the holes she didn’t care to play! Seemed like a good compromise to me

Oh man you are lucky! Wifey has zero interest in playing golf and almost never comes for the ride along. Lol! Luckily she loves to let me go play anytime I’d like!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish my wife would at one point take up the game. Unfortunately I don’t see that happening!!!

I sometimes play with my wife! She played golf in high school but I think that was more for her parents. She gets bored quite easily (still not sure how that can happen with golf 🤷‍♂️) so she’ll typically only play 9. Went on vacation a couple months ago and I wanted to play 18 so she came along played the holes she wanted and knitted in the cart on the holes she didn’t care to play! Seemed like a good compromise to me
haha, a great compromise, but i'd be giving it to my wife if she knitted over golfed!!!

I just can't imagine being on a golf course and not wanting to play the whole round.

haha, a great compromise, but i'd be giving it to my wife if she knitted over golfed!!!

I just can't imagine being on a golf course and not wanting to play the whole round.
She’s quite obsessed with knitting (and she’s not even 25...) but she makes money for us so I can’t complain too much..

Back