Post Round Range Session

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I rarely do this, but today we decided to swing over the the range after the round. It was actually super productive and a great way to finish the weekend.

You guys ever go to the range AFTER your round? Why or why not?

No, but I hate the range.

Now that I have a Rapsodo to test, maybe it's a good idea?

I rarely do this, but today we decided to swing over the the range after the round. It was actually super productive and a great way to finish the weekend.

You guys ever go to the range AFTER your round? Why or why not?
I usually don't because post round time doesn't really exist for me right now.

On our guys trip, with unlimited range time available, I didn't go to the range after any rounds, just exhausted and honestly wouldn't find anything in the dirt grinding away too much.

I did today. Just wanted to hit a few more balls to find some swing consistency.

I have. Usually it’s after a round that starts bad then gets slightly better because I realize I’m not doing something in my swing. I like to use the range time to reinforce that feeling and end the day on a positive note.

I have gotten a small bucket if during the round I was consistently bad in one area. driver wedges etc. rare as usually it's a race to get home to fam for further weekend plans.

Yup, did on Friday. Not an uncommon thing.

Usually only if I really struggled down the stretch, and am either cranky enough about that or just have some energy left to work on something. So it's rare. I've had some good ones though. Can be useful.

My swing has been all but gone for nearly 3 years now. So when I think I've found something on the course, if the back feels up to it, I'll hit the range to confirm and begin to ingrain afterwards. It definitely works, only I cant stick with it because of my darned back (2 more epidural shots scheduled for 10/14).

It is usually out of frustration, typically after I play bad.

Yes, but not as often as I was doing it a few years back. It probably only works out to around 10-15% of the time now. Often the practice won't be at the course I just played but at a pre-planned stop on the way home to work on or test something specific. 'Where' depends on the specific purpose.

I do not, but will have sim sessions later that day to work on things. Usually it is 6-8 hours later.

If I go to range after round it is not to practice feel shots.

Yes, if things weren't going particularly well and the range balls are free, I'll sometimes head to the range and see if I can figure out what's missing.

Yup, after a round where something just wasn't up to par, I'll hit a small bucket. If time permits.

Did it work? Did it feel better than usual being warmed up?
It did. I took 3 irons with me and focused on hitting them about 75%. When I do that I’m more consistent and get better strikes and dispersion. I left with some confidence, rather than the iffiness I felt in my swing throughout the round.

I should have. Darkness and Hunger won out.

I will often go to the range after a round to work on things that didnt seem to be working and usually smoke everything I hit.

Negative - no range at my home course.

I could see myself doing it after playing 9 though. Very often I finish early and would definitely enjoy hitting a few more balls.

I do it pretty often.

Depending on time available I usually hit a small bucket… but I like to go to the range after a round…. Efforts to either embed a swing thought that was working or fix one that wasn’t…. Usually the latter 🤷🏻‍♂️

All depends on daylight and what I have to do after the round. If I have both? Hell yeah let’s do some post round range work

Gotta admit that the 19th hole has a way stronger pull for me than the range. But, I have been known to go there in times of crisis or to give chipping lessons to my vanquished opponents. 😂

Back