Post round routine?

Maddog701

Reaction score
Handicap
14.2 ghin
I know most of us have pre round routines, just wondering if anyone has a post round routine? If I have a bad round putting I may hit the practice green for 15-30 minutes after a round but other than that I do not have a post pound routine.

I usually just head for the truck, but it might be worth while after a good round to hit the putting green or range and try to ingrain some of what worked, after a bad round the memory block kicks and it is gone anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I go get a chocolate milk, always did it after sport. Now it's just one of those things were it kind of shuts off my brain from thinking about what just happened.

My post round routine is to take my scorecard and notes I gathered and sit down and review the round. I think about what went right and what didn't while everything is still fresh in my memory. Then I begin thinking about what I did that made certain shots work and what I did wrong on those shots that didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. Then I write down a few notes on things I can do to correct my mistakes and to remind myself what I need to concentrate on next time I play.
After I finish doing that I clean my clubs, balls, and shoes.

Shower.
Then work.

Enjoy the rest of the day with friends and family. If I broke down each mistake I made I would be a mess mentally next time I went out so I just try to enjoy the things around me when playing and also when done.

1) Walk into clubhouse

2) Order a beer

3) Drink the beer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We go into the pub settle our buts and get a drink.

Most of the time I head into the clubhouse for a beverage and to chill with playing partners. Once in awhile I will hit some balls figure out what was wrong on the course

If I hit a certain club terribly that round, I go hit 5 range balls. Then order lunch and a beer.

1) Walk into clubhouse

2) Order a beer

3) Drink the beer

Definitly this one!

During the warmer months we all gather outside on the deck and settle our bets and have adult beverages.

Usually sometime later in the day when I get home I upload all my stats from the round to a stats app on my phone.

1) Walk into clubhouse

2) Order a beer

3) Drink the beer

It may be 10:00AM but in our case we have exactly two beers.

I usually go home take a shower and spend some time with the kiddos. After spending 4 plus hours at the course I have no desire to stay.

1. Look at scorecard. Immediately berate myself for being a terrible golfer.
2. Re-live every bad shot "Man I coulda had a birdie if I hadn't hit 3 off the tee then 4 putted!"
3. Go to the bathroom (I drink a lot of water)
4. Immediately start thinking about when I can get back out on the course again.

I go home.

Take a picture if the scorecard, collect my winnings or pay, head home, clean clubs.

Settle up any bets and have a couple of beers.

Usually just settle up bets and head home. Once in a great while I'll stay and have a drink.

Grab a beer if time allows, if not throw everything in the truck and it's on the next thing for the day

Clubs in car and head home. I don't have a post round routine.

Go home play with dog and kids. Scrub up the gear so it is clean for the next round and enter my stats in ShotByShot. Review the stats which basically suggest I should burn my clubs and take up checkers....

The only post round practice I'll usually do is hit the putting green.

Depends who I'm with but usually hurry home to the wife, sometimes I'll grab a beer and lunch

Back