Precision Pro NX9 HD Slope

A few initial thoughts:
1. There is no discernable difference in speed between this unit and my Bushnell V4. As a matter of fact, some of the readings seemed faster on this unit but I don't have a scientific way to verify that. I've only shot distances up to 255yds but the reading is immediate and is accompanied by a noticeable virbration when shooting a pin or similar object.
2. The vibration doesn't seem to be limited to a "pin" or pin-like object so that could be interesting.
3. Focus and clarity in the optics are outstanding.
4. The magnet is strong but not outrageously so. Strong enough to hold easily to the cart rails but I'm not sure I'd leave it on the cart when rolling through a bumpy patch of golf course. More to come after this weekend.
5. The power button that also initiates the laser is not as raised as I would prefer and left me searching a bit with my index finger. It and the mode button are close to flush with the frame and would benefit from a little more distinction. This may become a non issue once I'm more familiar with the unit, but I wanted to note it.

More to come but overall, I'm impressed thus far.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

The speed thing is exciting. Because the previous unit DEFINITELY lagged there.

Would love to compare one to my XE.

A few initial thoughts:
1. There is no discernable difference in speed between this unit and my Bushnell V4. As a matter of fact, some of the readings seemed faster on this unit but I don't have a scientific way to verify that. I've only shot distances up to 255yds but the reading is immediate and is accompanied by a noticeable virbration when shooting a pin or similar object.
2. The vibration doesn't seem to be limited to a "pin" or pin-like object so that could be interesting.
4. The magnet is strong but not outrageously so. Strong enough to hold easily to the cart rails but I'm not sure I'd leave it on the cart when rolling through a bumpy patch of golf course. More to come after this weekend.
5. The power button that also initiates the laser is not as raised as I would prefer and left me searching a bit with my index finger. It and the mode button are close to flush with the frame and would benefit from a little more distinction. This may become a non issue once I'm more familiar with the unit, but I wanted to note it.

dude dont you get bored being so awesome daily? Nice initial write up.

The speed thing is exciting. Because the previous unit DEFINITELY lagged there.

Would love to compare one to my XE.
The interesting thing is you press and release to get the reading vs holding the button down. It's quick. On course shooting a pin will be more telling, but it's definitely quick. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

dude dont you get bored being so awesome daily? Nice initial write up.
Haha! Thanks man. Easy to talk about new tech and equipment.

A few initial thoughts:

Thanks, that's some really good initial feedback.

I've got the NX7. I'll be following along to see how your on-course use of the unit fares to see if that convinces me to trade up for the 9.

Another quick update: I've got a buddy who is a human rangefinder in his own right. Honestly, he's usually within 5 yes with his predictions. He just tried this unit and was within 2 yes on a 52yd shot and within 10 yds on a 180yd shot. His comment...and I quote, "That's fast. That's faster than my V3."

The slope function is always cool to have and very straightforward on this unit. When you turn on slope mode, you get your standard reading at the bottom and then the adjusted reading at the top. I've tested it on a few slight inclines that would be playing uphill and readings have been on point. Good stuff. Okay. I'm done for today.

How does the trade up work? How much? What shape it’s in?

We offer 30% off the NX9 HD Slope with the trade-in of one of our products. It will be a super easy process, just email our customer service and we will make a coupon code for you and send you a label to send back you old product. We will be starting the trade-in about a week after we start selling the NX9 HD Slope.

How does the trade up work? How much? What shape it’s in?

This was just a little bit up in this thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got mine today. It is really fast. Optics are great. Like said above the magnet is a great addition. The NX9 has a nice weight to it. Also coming from the NX7 slope there is no decimal point. I like this change a lot. No readings of 101.7 it would just be 102 displayed. I tried to upload pictures but I can’t figure it out. I will give a better review when I can. Just had a baby Monday!

I got mine today. It is really fast. Optics are great. Like said above the magnet is a great addition. The NX9 has a nice weight to it. Also coming from the NX7 slope there is no decimal point. I like this change a lot. No readings of 101.7 it would just be 102 displayed. I tried to upload pictures but I can’t figure it out. I will give a better review when I can. Just had a baby Monday!
Big congrats on the baby and on the purchase! This unit is going to put a lot of pressure on other higher priced units of the secret ever gets out. Haha

image1.jpegimage2.jpeg

We wanted to say thank you to everybody who has purchased the NX9 HD Slope so far! We had more higher demand right off the bat and we have sold out of our original stock. We should have a couple hundred more in about 2 weeks. We are taking back orders and also will let everybody know when we are back in stock. More information can be found below. Thanks everybody!!

https://www.precisionprogolf.com/product/nx9-hd-slope-rangefinder/

Really glad I got mine the first go round. On course testing today!

1st day with this on the range and it was fast and accurate all day. The only place it struggled was on long distances (250ish with lots of trees around. Could've been my not so steady hands. Probably was.
It's fast!
Oh and the magnet is the truth! It rode the cart all day with out sliding or budging at all. It's more of a plus than I realized! Great feature!

0f4e1dcdda4085b38cc80c086ff07794.jpg

Last edited:
The interesting thing is you press and release to get the reading vs holding the button down. It's quick. On course shooting a pin will be more telling, but it's definitely quick. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I hope so, because Speed was LITERALLY the only drawback on the 7, and that’s just because if used faster rangefinders so it was noticeable. Not a killer, but noticeable.

I’m really wanting to get on in hand to mess with at some point.

I hope so, because Speed was LITERALLY the only drawback on the 7, and that’s just because if used faster rangefinders so it was noticeable. Not a killer, but noticeable.

I’m really wanting to get on in hand to mess with at some point.

Come find me and you can use mine until I can get out from having a baby!

That sir, is a large area. Haha

I’m in Cushing/Perkins

Haha. Yes it is. Norman for now. May be moving to the city though soon.

Used my buddies new NX9 compared to my Bushnell TourX and love the viewing area, the magnet and the slight jolt.

That said the target area was huge compared to mine and it made it hard to hit a few times when there was a lot of trees behind the flag. Shooting it was 165-200 was somewhat difficult at times. You’d have to shoot it 4 or 5 times to get a distance you could trust.

My Apple Watch would say 175 to the middle, my range finder would give me 179 to pin and the NX9 shot 225, 222,225, 180, 225 but I’m sure it’s the trees in the background

It just seemed like a very big target area for a first time user who has never used one of those products. I’m sure, I’d get used to it.

Overall, would like if better than mine as my optics are really dark. Like looking thru sunglasses. I bought mine thru Costco 3 years ago and it was a batch they sold that Bushnell sold to them cheap bc customers complained about the dark viewing area.

I also preferred the size of the NX9 to my Bushnell.

My MX7 Pro is good enough.

Course review:

I really enjoyed the optics of the device. The magnet was a great built in feature as well. Target acquisition was very quick. The only problem was it would not give me accurate readings.
Multiple times throughout the round I would shoot the flag and it would give me big numbers in the 300 yard range when the flag was 150ish. It would also give me different readings when I would try to shoot the pin multiple times. It was very frustrating to figure out the distances. It got to a point I did not think it was reliable to use.
I followed the manufacture instructions about pressing and releasing the button and scanning over the flag. It was so bad on my device that I am probably going to return the item unless there is just something incorrect going on.

Course review:

I really enjoyed the optics of the device. The magnet was a great built in feature as well. Target acquisition was very quick. The only problem was it would not give me accurate readings.
Multiple times throughout the round I would shoot the flag and it would give me big numbers in the 300 yard range when the flag was 150ish. It would also give me different readings when I would try to shoot the pin multiple times. It was very frustrating to figure out the distances. It got to a point I did not think it was reliable to use.
I followed the manufacture instructions about pressing and releasing the button and scanning over the flag. It was so bad on my device that I am probably going to return the item unless there is just something incorrect going on.

Hi there! Sorry to hear about this issue. We would love the chance to help fix this. Please shoot us an email at help@precisionprogolf.com or give us a call at 888.568.6770 x1. We look forward to being able to help! Best! - Trey D.

A quick shout out to Precision Pro golf. My zipper on my case for mine came apart. I tried fixing it with no luck. I emailed them about buying a new case over the weekend. I received an email yesterday asking for my shipping address and as of this morning they have shipped me a new case no questions asked. I would have gladly purchased the new case but they went above and beyond and sent me new one. Thank you for the great customer service Precision Pro!

Back