Predict Your Round: What will you shoot today?

6950 yards today, first round of the week because of rain, I’ll say 83

87 today, so off by 2 from the predicted 89. Maybe I need to aim lower with these predictions!
Playing Royal Oaks tomorrow with a couple of my wife’s co-residents. Will probably play the whites at 5,900 and 68.3/114. Shot an 85 from these tees earlier in the year and I said I had to aim for lower scores with my predictions so I’m going with a tie for my lowest round of the year at 82!

Playing Royal Oaks tomorrow with a couple of my wife’s co-residents. Will probably play the whites at 5,900 and 68.3/114. Shot an 85 from these tees earlier in the year and I said I had to aim for lower scores with my predictions so I’m going with a tie for my lowest round of the year at 82!
On the money, shot an 82! Played from the blues at 69.6/115 and 6,150. Maybe I should have predicted even lower... 🤔
50A4FDC2-2A10-4D3F-9357-C6F5D92370FD.jpeg

If I can just drive it much longer and straighter and get my irons dialed in and putt unbelievably well..... can see 59 knocking on the door

I'm feeling confident for tomorrows round, predicting under par for 18. Lets see if I can score well

Well I was right, shot 68 (-2) today

Should have been -4 but finished with 2 bogies to sour the round a little

Gonna try and ride the wave tomorrow. Playing at 6,300 and 69.8/126. Aiming for another 82 (or better). Only one double and one triple in my last round (82) and I lost a ball on both of those holes. Let’s keep it going!

Tomorrow I’m playing Deer Ridge with @Hamfist @ntanygd760 and @Golfers Anonymous

If we get no rain prior I’m expecting about an 85 with about half of that being putts. If it rains prior then looking at 80 as a target.

Or I might just concede every hole and enjoy the ride, lol.

I'm playing a sight-unseen new course tomorrow in Port Severn; reviews have it as pretty tough so I'm going to say 86.

Also playing a previously unseen course Sunday, reviews are mixed but I think I can conquer it with an 82.

Gonna try and ride the wave tomorrow. Playing at 6,300 and 69.8/126. Aiming for another 82 (or better). Only one double and one triple in my last round (82) and I lost a ball on both of those holes. Let’s keep it going!
Called my shot two straight rounds! Dropped putts from off the green on 17 and 18 to shoot 82. Kicking myself for not predicting a 79 😆
E54CA126-560A-4074-A498-905BFCDC7E07.jpeg

Playing tomorrow. Familiar with the course, but a round in the 70s usually falls apart on a tough final 3 holes. I’d like to say tomorrow is the day I finally break 80 at this particular course, and fully believe a 78-79 is possible depending how I putt in the quick greens. But realistically, I’ll say 82 (40-42).

Playing a tough PB Dye course (Iron Valley) on Saturday. So far this year I’ve shot a 97 and 87 there. My buddies will likely want to play the blues at 6,374 and 71.9/135. The whites are only 5,997, but hard enough at 70.1/131. The greens (and course) are tough! My best putting performance here is 35 putts. Following my trend of aiming low, I’ll go 84 if we play the blues and 82 from the whites.

Playing tomorrow. Familiar with the course, but a round in the 70s usually falls apart on a tough final 3 holes. I’d like to say tomorrow is the day I finally break 80 at this particular course, and fully believe a 78-79 is possible depending how I putt in the quick greens. But realistically, I’ll say 82 (40-42).

I called it. Shot 82 today. Only difference was 41-41 instead of 40-42. Good day off the tee, just had some trouble getting up and down a few times. And the only double came on 16 (which I mentioned in my previous post as part of a difficult closing stretch).

Last edited:
First round from 7k, I’ll say 78. Second round from 6500, I’m going bold, 70.

Going to sneak over to a local for a 100* midday round with a friend. Familiar course with a tight difficult front, and open easier back. So it's usually about how you start, and I'm already sore from moving stuff. And the greens will take some re-adjusting to. It is pretty calm though... I'm going to say -1. It's such a crapshoot. If you're wild to start, things get ugly fast.

If I do get to play (been raining on and off all morning), I'm thinking probably about 76 on a very wet track.

Going to sneak over to a local for a 100* midday round with a friend. Familiar course with a tight difficult front, and open easier back. So it's usually about how you start, and I'm already sore from moving stuff. And the greens will take some re-adjusting to. It is pretty calm though... I'm going to say -1. It's such a crapshoot. If you're wild to start, things get ugly fast.
I blew that one big time. I got warmed up in that heat, and for some reason my ribs didn't hurt, so I kind of got after it out there. I don't think any of those things will be true loading up the trailers tomorrow now though. :LOL:

Yesterday was the round of the year, so I'm going to go with 84 today. Doubtful I can do it two days in a row. I wouldn't mind being wrong however

Playing a local AW Tillinghast designed Muni. The layout is really nice even if the conditioning is medium. It does have Zoyzia fairways, but the bunkers van be very hard and have some rocks. Anyway this particular course is wide open and a ton of fun. I think I will break 90 for the 6th time this year (2020 goal was 5 times) and shoot an 85. I have been striking the ball and putting really well lately.

I'm still newly dedicated to learning to golf. I'll be pleased if I come away with an honest 99 today.

After a pretty good round yesterday I would guess 80-81 for today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday was the round of the year, so I'm going to go with 84 today. Doubtful I can do it two days in a row. I wouldn't mind being wrong however
Turned out to be another good day, 3 additional strokes over yesterday for 78. I'm playing Whistlebear tomorrow with the boss, I'll go with 84 there.

After a pretty good round yesterday I would guess 80-81 for today.

Nailed that prediction. Shot a 40-40-80. Was one of those days where I didn’t feel like playing but did anyway. Glad I didn’t do worse.

I never predict. I just hope it will be under 90 and other than that I just play one shot at a time but I will predict I can make each one well enough as i step up to each one.

Back