Preferred Visibility When Playing Golf

I guess I am more a partly cloudy day guy. I can’t stand bright sunshine keeping me from being able to track the ball and I also have a difficult time tracking it on really cloudy days. That’s really why I play a yellow ball most the time too as I can see it in the air better.
A cloudy/overcast sky makes for the most difficult conditions for me to track a ball. I lose them almost immediately off the tee.

I love rainy days. Not fully washers where it rains from the sky and then rains again as the rain ricochets off the road Andy bounces 2 or 3 times. More of a dreary, overcast, steady rainfall day.

Unless I wanna play golf. Then it’s mid morning... the sun isn’t at its peak in the sky... it’s 74 degrees... slight breeze to none... less than 2 mph. Enough to move leaves on a tree but not rustle them too much.

I love rainy days. Not fully washers where it rains from the sky and then rains again as the rain ricochets off the road Andy bounces 2 or 3 times. More of a dreary, overcast, steady rainfall day...
If it's not a day I want/have to be doing something outside, I love our summer desert thunderstorms. Full-on gully washers with big, fat raindrops, thunder and lightning, high winds. They're spectacular. I never get tired of the lightning shows at night. Sometimes the lightning is so constant that it's almost like daylight, and the thunder rattles the walls in the house.

I'll say overcast. I hate bright light.

I love early morning starts. Slight fog when arriving, burns off on the range, sun comes out by the time I'm on the putting green, and then clouds break for tee time.

Sounds AMAZING right now.

I love early morning starts. Slight fog when arriving, burns off on the range, sun comes out by the time I'm on the putting green, and then clouds break for tee time.

Sounds AMAZING right now.
I like all this, shocker.

I prefer mostly sunny, I have trouble following the ball if it is too cloudy. If it is a calm day with no wind I can handle 40* and up but if it is windy I need it to be above 50*.

Give me high sun. Perfect day, and I am all over it!
I'll take cloudy as well, nothing wrong with that.

Low sun? Get me off the course, I can't see a thing lol.

...Low sun? Get me off the course, I can't see a thing lol.
In early morning rounds at my home course, the second shot on hole #6 is always directly into the morning sun. Brutal. You lose the ball right off the club every time, we always tell a playing partner to try to keep an eye on it. There are a few other holes where it affects you, but no other shot is quite as bad as that one.

Back