Mine is out for delivery today!
Looking forward to your first thoughts. Will be ordering mine soon. No real hurry as I’ll only be home 2 days in the next 13. Maybe I need to get it coming. Could use it in the house while in South Dakota.

I don't have a very good vertical
dave chappelle 90s GIF

Anyone use, or use with their instructors, any of the different pressure boards? Really considering getting one like the Downshift as ground force and weight transfer are things I really need to work on.
I use the Salted soles and love them. Really helped me do correct loading in my feet

I use the Salted soles and love them. Really helped me do correct loading in my feet
I get that and they’re awesome imo, but the feedback is via the data, I ended up with a Downshift because I needed immediate tactile feedback.

I could totally see the soles being useful for me in time, but right now I want that immediate “oh sh*t” feedback haha

I get that and they’re awesome imo, but the feedback is via the data, I ended up with a Downshift because I needed immediate tactile feedback.

I could totally see the soles being useful for me in time, but right now I want that immediate “oh sh*t” feedback haha
Totally get this... really do.

Order placed I’ve wanted one way to long. From weight transfer work done in the fall I know the results are well worth the cost.

This is something I've pondered about a lot and always wondered if they actually help. I feel like if it actually helped, it might be worth it for me to get one, but have been so reluctant to take the jump.

This is something I've pondered about a lot and always wondered if they actually help. I feel like if it actually helped, it might be worth it for me to get one, but have been so reluctant to take the jump.
Hope mine arrives before I leave Thursday for a week in South Dakota. I’m sure it will help. Was working on weight transfer in the fall. Ball striking and distance was much improved. Work on it on range again today when I transfer properly and early enough contact direction and distance all improve. Patiently awaiting my downshift board.

Sitting in the corner, had kids to take care of today and clubs to build
since I know you are a man who likes research. I'm curious as to how you landed on the option you went with and what was the differentiating factor to get you there.

Also, this doesn't need to be answered tonight. Tomorrow is good enough haha

since I know you are a man who likes research. I'm curious as to how you landed on the option you went with and what was the differentiating factor to get you there.

Also, this doesn't need to be answered tonight. Tomorrow is good enough haha
Hahaha, no worries.

Honestly, my big ass. :LOL:

For real though, after seeing Jake Hutt using it in a couple of his videos, it caught my eye because it seems more sizeable/sturdy. I liked the wider top with the skateboard like traction tape layer on top of it too. Then, with the sale getting it to 79 bucks, I thought the materials would be worth it and went this way versus a couple of the other versions out there.

The guy in the brown truck brought my Down Shift board a few minutes ago. It feels well made. I took it right to the garage to give it a try before I got back to work. The material on top has a nice grain to it.You know you're safe. i have two knee replacements so I think of these kind of things. It works great. if I put my weight forward it gets to the left quickly. I am working on a slight forward weight trigger move to initiate my backswing. It helped feel me that sensation. immediately.
Like all the other aids out in the garage it should help...... if I use it.

It was shifting around on the garage concrete floor. I’ll try on a rug or something like that. Still, like the feeling.

Mine arrived today. Will take it with me when I leave for a week on the road working. Can work with it in the house. Temps are going to be nice in SD range might be open.

I truly believe this will help. After a few range sessions this week weight or mass transfer is my biggest problem. When I make sure and get to front foot contact is so much better.

Couple this with some time at GolfTec and I can see a way to get to single digits.

Mine arrived today. Will take it with me when I leave for a week on the road working. Can work with it in the house. Temps are going to be nice in SD range might be open.

I truly believe this will help. After a few range sessions this week weight or mass transfer is my biggest problem. When I make sure and get to front foot contact is so much better.

Couple this with some time at GolfTec and I can see a way to get to single digits.
Best of luck. I’m looking forward to hearing that you get that handicap where you want it.
I hadn’t thought of taking the board on the road. I’m a shoe rep and it’s a perfect diversion from hotel boredom.
So far I love using it to feel the correct chain of events.

There are other options available. Just taking a golf ball and throwing it as hard as you can straight down into soft ground below you will cause weight to move properly for throwing in that direction, and you should notice how high above you toward the sky the throwing hand becomes for the task. Uphill, downhill, and side hill lies are also good as natural practice platforms.

I have pondered one of these numerous times over the past few years. This thread will likely send me from ponder to purchase to help me when I get back into regular playing in May.

ordered a downshift board today.

I’m currently hurt, but this is going to get some work for a full review in coming days.

I’d apologize to @jdtox about my feet, but 1) my J’s are awesome and 2) it’s the only way to show why I went with this one, it fits my size 14’s

IMG_6291.jpeg

Back