Project X Catalyst Graphite Iron Shafts

It’s here! It’s here! My F9 driving iron with the catalyst 80 is finally here! Shout out to Will at The Peoples Clubs for an awesome build. I can’t wait to hit it
Unless you like 250 yard tee shots in the middle of the fairway, I think you will hate it.

Congrats man. You will love it. It’s such a perfect combination.

Unless you like 250 yard tee shots in the middle of the fairway, I think you will hate it.

Congrats man. You will love it. It’s such a perfect combination.
I’m not sold 250 is in my wheelhouse but I’d kill for 215 carry. Absolutely every day

I was previously like warm on these shafts but I have to say I like the 80g shaft in my wedge a lot.

I truly love the Catalyst 100 6.0 in irons. It feels smooth, but flights the ball so well for me, yet still gives a lot of pop.

When we were at the small batch event, DB from True Sports states that this shaft plays extremely stiff, but it doesn’t feel that way to me.

I truly love the Catalyst 100 6.0 in irons. It feels smooth, but flights the ball so well for me, yet still gives a lot of pop.

When we were at the small batch event, DB from True Sports states that this shaft plays extremely stiff, but it doesn’t feel that way to me.

i hit the 100 in @jim54 irons. i couldn’t load that shaft at all. but i am really smitten with the 80 i have in my wedges. so much so that right now, it’s at the top of the list of shafts i want to try in my grandaddy fitting.

i hit the 100 in @jim54 irons. i couldn’t load that shaft at all. but i am really smitten with the 80 i have in my wedges. so much so that right now, it’s at the top of the list of shafts i want to try in my grandaddy fitting.
The 80 is the sweet spot IMO - wait until
You hit the hammer lol

Round 1 with this in the F9 irons outs in the books and I think it’s going to work out just fine. Pretty darn easy distance and little, tight draws off the tee was all I needed. Very curious to get it in the launch monitor

After playing the Catalyst 100 S for a while these Fuji MCI black 100X feel like telephone poles, even SSx1. I am still getting a good high launch but zero feel of any kick and may be losing a bit of distance. Going to have to Soft step them again I believe.

Are you still playing and enjoying the Catalyst 100's? I'm kind of interested if these would play similar to my Recoil 110 Proto's, and if I would enjoy an even lighter 100g setup. Historically I have always lived in 120-130g steel setups but in a new decade I am prepared to challenge my thinking.

How did I miss these?!?! I had no idea that :projectx: has a graphite iron shaft!! I seriously have to rethink some things now before it’s too late!

How did I miss these?!?! I had no idea that :projectx: has a graphite iron shaft!! I seriously have to rethink some things now before it’s too late!

Are you still playing and enjoying the Catalyst 100's? I'm kind of interested if these would play similar to my Recoil 110 Proto's, and if I would enjoy an even lighter 100g setup. Historically I have always lived in 120-130g steel setups but in a new decade I am prepared to challenge my thinking.

I’m going back to catalyst 100 and compared to recoil proto, catalyst will be easier to load without needing an aggressive transition during the downswing. Compared to proto, ball flight will be similar but apex a little higher just a bit. IMO, you will gain “feel” going to catalyst but you might not want that if that’s not how you prefer a shaft to play.

I’m going back to catalyst 100 and compared to recoil proto, catalyst will be easier to load without needing an aggressive transition during the downswing. Compared to proto, ball flight will be similar but apex a little higher just a bit. IMO, you will gain “feel” going to catalyst but you might not want that if that’s not how you prefer a shaft to play.
This is great feedback, thanks!

LOL you were IN the HANDCRAFTED Event Haha (all in jest buddy)

This makes me sooooo happy, glad to see you making the change and doing it for performance reasons.

These are valuable insights... thank you! I will seek out a set to hit... pure curiosity.

LOL you were IN the HANDCRAFTED Event Haha (all in jest buddy)

I know!! I was so focussed on the driver shaft and wanted to be knowledgeable there... so that’s where I spent my time.

Okay, and admittedly a few minutes review of their hockey product.

Also, one of the guys was playing a set of graphite iron shafts at Aviara but they hadn’t been announced and he wasn’t allowed to talk about them so naturally I didn’t think anything was released yet!

I know!! I was so focussed on the driver shaft and wanted to be knowledgeable there... so that’s where I spent my time.

Okay, and admittedly a few minutes review of their hockey product.

Started following the their hockey social and their stuff is legit, would love to try it and their baseball bats as wel

At the Small Batch event, DB stated that the Catalyst played very stiff, but I agree with @Alez367. To me, his description is spot on.

Started following the their hockey social and their stuff is legit, would love to try it and their baseball bats as wel

I spoke with Kris when I was in Memphis and it’s amazing the amount of seriously awesome products True Sports brand produces.

I was so impressed with their hockey that I bought True sticks for myself this season.

I absolutely LOVE the Catalyst 5.5 shaft I’m playing in my irons.

I was so impressed with their hockey that I bought True sticks for myself this season.

And we were all impressed with your use of a hockey stick.

Back