I absolutely want to post pics of my THP emblazoned shaft that's been installed to a new driver head. Unfortunately, it's one thing after another and I'm not able to get my grubby little lefty hands on a new driver head and grip... my money goes to other places. Instead of my LGS, it's the IRS. :mad:

Anyway. That's my problem.

In lieu of that THP souvenir being played, I have been playing the unmarked Project X Denali Blue 5.5 shaft. It's light. It's awesome. Thank you again Project X!

It's tipped for a Callaway and is seated in my Mavrik. It replaced the stock Evenflow shaft. I've found that the Denali Blue shaft is consistent. I'm not. As I swing the club, the slice that was present at the experience for me is mostly minimized. I blame the lessons I took after returning, and the work at the driving range post lessons.

When I do finally get 2 nickels to rub together that THP shaft will go in a new driver head. And it'll have a Winn Dri Tac 2 grip on it.

The performance of the shaft - I only use it on the tee box so no off the deck or fairway shots... but that makes me wonder if I could use it on my 5 wood...:unsure::ROFLMAO:. Ball flight is nice and I'd call it mid flight. The Evenflow would maybe be a bit lower. It's not extremely high flying but I don't exactly know what a penetrating ball flight looks like. It's a good trajectory for me and I like it.

Distance with the shaft - my driver will hit the ball anywhere from 120 - 200 yards according to my Shotscope v5 watch. I'm really happy with the 200 yard shots although admittedly those are very few and very very far between. Mostly my drives are between 130-160 yards. It's because I swing like an old man but the shaft does its job.

I haven't put an adapter on my THP custom Denali yet as I'm possibly getting a new driver head. I've only been to the range a few times this year as I'm working out some back issues. I've been using the unmarked Denali Blue 6.0 with my Tour Edge E723. It still feels fantastic. Really smooth and stable. I have a few other shafts of varying weight and flex that I have been trying since my swing speed seems to have dropped noticeably since the summer. Hopefully it's just winter stiffness from being lazy. Even though I'm starting to feel like lighter, more flexible 50ish gram shafts feel better for my slowing speed, the Denali Blue 6.0 at high 60g and S flex still feels really good. Much smoother than my Tensei Blue 65 S. It just feels easy to swing. I'm hoping to get out on the couse to play it soon now that my back is feeling good.

I posted to the other thread I believe after installing the custom THP Denali shaft for my TSR2. I was fit into Denali Black 6.0 at the Project X Experience back in September. I have played three rounds with the shaft below in the last three weeks up here and have been driving the ball better than I ever have. Hit 6/7 fairways this past friday. CANNOT be more pleased with this shaft after being fitted into HZRDUS blue about 14 months ago. Had no idea I could hit the ball that much better off the tee.
View attachment 9259981View attachment 9259982
Nice! Such a cool custom design!

I absolutely want to post pics of my THP emblazoned shaft that's been installed to a new driver head. Unfortunately, it's one thing after another and I'm not able to get my grubby little lefty hands on a new driver head and grip... my money goes to other places. Instead of my LGS, it's the IRS. :mad:

Anyway. That's my problem.

In lieu of that THP souvenir being played, I have been playing the unmarked Project X Denali Blue 5.5 shaft. It's light. It's awesome. Thank you again Project X!

It's tipped for a Callaway and is seated in my Mavrik. It replaced the stock Evenflow shaft. I've found that the Denali Blue shaft is consistent. I'm not. As I swing the club, the slice that was present at the experience for me is mostly minimized. I blame the lessons I took after returning, and the work at the driving range post lessons.

When I do finally get 2 nickels to rub together that THP shaft will go in a new driver head. And it'll have a Winn Dri Tac 2 grip on it.

The performance of the shaft - I only use it on the tee box so no off the deck or fairway shots... but that makes me wonder if I could use it on my 5 wood...:unsure::ROFLMAO:. Ball flight is nice and I'd call it mid flight. The Evenflow would maybe be a bit lower. It's not extremely high flying but I don't exactly know what a penetrating ball flight looks like. It's a good trajectory for me and I like it.

Distance with the shaft - my driver will hit the ball anywhere from 120 - 200 yards according to my Shotscope v5 watch. I'm really happy with the 200 yard shots although admittedly those are very few and very very far between. Mostly my drives are between 130-160 yards. It's because I swing like an old man but the shaft does its job.

Did you try the Denali black? I'm curious as you mentioned the slice and someone recently was talking about the black being a bit harder to get the face closed with.

I posted to the other thread I believe after installing the custom THP Denali shaft for my TSR2. I was fit into Denali Black 6.0 at the Project X Experience back in September. I have played three rounds with the shaft below in the last three weeks up here and have been driving the ball better than I ever have. Hit 6/7 fairways this past friday. CANNOT be more pleased with this shaft after being fitted into HZRDUS blue about 14 months ago. Had no idea I could hit the ball that much better off the tee.
View attachment 9259981View attachment 9259982
Are you seeing a higher or lower ball flight compared to your old gamer shaft?

Are you seeing a higher or lower ball flight compared to your old gamer shaft?
Higher for sure. Finding about 1 - 1.5* higher launch angle with lower spin

Higher for sure. Finding about 1 - 1.5* higher launch angle with lower spin
Interesting what are you coming from? I was expecting you to say a lower launch!

Back