Anyone else testing or want to test Denali Black? I can't wait to get this black back in play this spring. It really elevated my tee game the last couple months of last season

I posted these pics in the other thread last week. Took me a while due to moving to finally get the custom PX denali black shaft installed with my TSR2 head. Haven't swung a club in months so I have yet to put it in play with plenty of snow on the ground still here. Didn't catch these recent responses. I cannot speak to the 5.5 Denalis, however I tested both blue and black 6.0. In my fitting blue actually spun a bit more and had a higher peak for me than black. However, both of them spun less than the hzrdus blue that I was currently playing. You may want to test Black too as it was designed with a bit lower launch and spin but I'm guess either will help you. Its such a good shaft. Looking forward to getting more rounds in with it.
View attachment 9243415
View attachment 9243416
Thanks much!! 90mph swing with spin issue. I know crappy combination. But probably can't go black due to my swing speed.

Anyone else testing or want to test Denali Black? I can't wait to get this black back in play this spring. It really elevated my tee game the last couple months of last season
absolutely want to test...the golftec I go to has some

Thanks much!! 90mph swing with spin issue. I know crappy combination. But probably can't go black due to my swing speed.
Swing speed has absolutely nothing to do with which profile will work for you black or blue. Get a fitting to see if one works better for you than the other

Swing speed has absolutely nothing to do with which profile will work for you black or blue. Get a fitting to see if one works better for you than the other
This is true. Both the black and blue 6S had similar results for me and my swing speed is around 90mph. I liked the blue more as it felt better and like I didn't have to work as hard.

Numbers!!!!

I know I have more. Sore from working out and the butt end of my grip feels loose and I am going to have to redo it. It was really messing with my head feeling loose. But I have a good feeling about this set up come full speed days.

IMG_4304.jpegIMG_4305.jpeg

Would you loft that up?
No. In all my personal tests. Lofting up doesn’t really change my launch. It just adds spin..

Plus, I know I squeeze it a little more indoors and out side I hit it a smidge higher. Change the grip so it doesn’t feel loose then just swing it. It will be fine..

Numbers!!!!

I know I have more. Sore from working out and the butt end of my grip feels loose and I am going to have to redo it. It was really messing with my head feeling loose. But I have a good feeling about this set up come full speed days.

View attachment 9244158View attachment 9244159
That's acceptable to me lol. Is a sub 10* launch normal for you?

That's acceptable to me lol. Is a sub 10* launch normal for you?
Yes. It is. At least in doors. I know outside I get a little more launch typically.

Pondering ordering one of these in an AI Smoke TD 3-wood, would anybody have any thoughts on the difference between the Blue 80 (TX) versus the Black 80 (6.5)? Typically go for the whiteboard profile, but feel like the Blue in 80TX may be more stable while being a better launch/spin fit for 3-wood.

Pondering ordering one of these in an AI Smoke TD 3-wood, would anybody have any thoughts on the difference between the Blue 80 (TX) versus the Black 80 (6.5)? Typically go for the whiteboard profile, but feel like the Blue in 80TX may be more stable while being a better launch/spin fit for 3-wood.
20230913_123227.jpg

Thanks for linking the spin/traj chart, that's helpful. However, I'm more looking to see if anybody has experience with the TX version of these shafts and can compare it to the standard X-Flex. I know Project X sometimes has a bit a drastic difference between their standard X vs. TX in the same shaft.

Thanks for linking the spin/traj chart, that's helpful. However, I'm more looking to see if anybody has experience with the TX version of these shafts and can compare it to the standard X-Flex. I know Project X sometimes has a bit a drastic difference between their standard X vs. TX in the same shaft.
I forget what @Templet0n tested at the PX event fitting?? He may have tried the TX

Just the standard 6.5 but was sent a tx
So you tested the 6.5 initially, but ordered a TX? What made you end up ordering the TX?

UPS just brought me some Denali goodness. Hopefully will be able to hit it soon as temps start to warm up.
IMG_2818.jpeg

Would love to hear some thoughts from those that were at our experience and received multiple Denali shafts.
@Scorp
@Templet0n
@jbb2388
@rlb4

Would love to hear some thoughts from those that were at our experience and received multiple Denali shafts.
@Scorp
@Templet0n
@jbb2388
@rlb4
I posted to the other thread I believe after installing the custom THP Denali shaft for my TSR2. I was fit into Denali Black 6.0 at the Project X Experience back in September. I have played three rounds with the shaft below in the last three weeks up here and have been driving the ball better than I ever have. Hit 6/7 fairways this past friday. CANNOT be more pleased with this shaft after being fitted into HZRDUS blue about 14 months ago. Had no idea I could hit the ball that much better off the tee.
20240210_083808.jpg20240210_083743.jpg

I posted to the other thread I believe after installing the custom THP Denali shaft for my TSR2. I was fit into Denali Black 6.0 at the Project X Experience back in September. I have played three rounds with the shaft below in the last three weeks up here and have been driving the ball better than I ever have. Hit 6/7 fairways this past friday. CANNOT be more pleased with this shaft after being fitted into HZRDUS blue about 14 months ago. Had no idea I could hit the ball that much better off the tee.
View attachment 9259981View attachment 9259982
That shaft looks outstanding, did they make any extra's? haha

I want to try a Denali blue stiff in my driver.. added to the list to try out!

I want to try a Denali blue stiff in my driver.. added to the list to try out!
I have the Denali Blue in my driver.
I love(d) my Evenflow Blue, but this is definitely better.
The EF Blue I couldn't just hammer a drive for it would go dead right.
So far, the Denali holds up & I haven't seen it go dead right
It feel nicely between a HZRD & Evenflow to me.

That shaft looks outstanding, did they make any extra's? haha
A one of a kind and it's
200.gif

I do have the original all black one that I left the event with...

Reactions: MH
Back