Hi would the Denali blue regular flex help me keep spin rates in check? 88 mph swing speed. Good accuracy but struggle with high spin. Slower swing doesn't always equate to high launch high spin set up - baloney. Thanks.

We know some thpers are playing these including some playing custom models made for them.

How are they working?

We know some thpers are playing these including some playing custom models made for them.

How are they working?
I can’t wait to be able to hit it more when the weather turns around but from what I have hit, the shaft is stable, I get a low piercing flight out of it that actually rolls quite a bit… I usually don’t get much roll out of my driver, so seeing the ball roll is scary and going to make things interesting!

It is a substantially different feel from what I came from in the Velocity. With the velocity and the “loose whippy ” feeling that you just have to trust the shaft getting where you need it to be… to this does not have much whippiness to it and you knowing where the club is throughout the swing.

I have the Black 70 6.0 in a Smoke TD 5 wood, just the stock shaft. I think it is an awesome shaft. It keeps my spin down and yields good efficiency, but it doesn’t feel as difficult to swing as a Hzrdus Black, for comparison. I know that this was what this Denali shaft is intended to do, and for me, it absolutely delivers.

How are they working?
Guess those customs are in hiding

Guess those customs are in hiding
I'd love to hear about the Blue. Very much a shaft I'm interested in

I'd love to hear about the Blue. Very much a shaft I'm interested in
I'm pondering ordering an Ai Smoke Max with Denali Blue since it's a free custom option

I'm pondering ordering an Ai Smoke Max with Denali Blue since it's a free custom option
Ohhhhhh the blue is an option??

Ohhhhhh the blue is an option??
yup, it wasn't right away but it is now!! 🤩 I need to ask my club champion friend if he's had anyone try it during fittings...

yup, it wasn't right away but it is now!! 🤩 I need to ask my club champion friend if he's had anyone try it during fittings...
I would order that set up without testing

I really need to get a fitting but I'm tempted to order Max + Denali Blue or Max + LINQ Blue (which is an upcharge)

I’ve got a UW on order with a Blue that should arrive next month.

Let’s build!!

image.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

Going to look awesome with this green grip.image.jpg

Grip on, epoxy setting. Should be able to finally hit this tomorrow

What head did you go with?

the only one i can find is the TX...where are the stiff flexes?

I usually don't get to excited about golf shafts and don't like a lot of change, but buying the Smoke yesterday with the Denali black 6.5 60x that kinda changed. It doesn't feel "boardy" and its not overly soft. Its comfortable in the hands. The grip was put on "wrong" from Callaway assembly maybe just for my liking. It was slightly to the right. When I put it in N and -1 it squared the grip back up to the head. Maybe its a sign. If it doesn't work out I'll add some weight to the head and go back to the UST, but this deserves a run after the initial swings. Excited to have a tinkering option. This will be settled by Friday and won't carry over to the Goat Cup.

Hi would the Denali blue regular flex help me keep spin rates in check? 88 mph swing speed. Good accuracy but struggle with high spin. Slower swing doesn't always equate to high launch high spin set up - baloney. Thanks.
I posted these pics in the other thread last week. Took me a while due to moving to finally get the custom PX denali black shaft installed with my TSR2 head. Haven't swung a club in months so I have yet to put it in play with plenty of snow on the ground still here. Didn't catch these recent responses. I cannot speak to the 5.5 Denalis, however I tested both blue and black 6.0. In my fitting blue actually spun a bit more and had a higher peak for me than black. However, both of them spun less than the hzrdus blue that I was currently playing. You may want to test Black too as it was designed with a bit lower launch and spin but I'm guess either will help you. Its such a good shaft. Looking forward to getting more rounds in with it.
20240210_084025.jpg
20240210_083743.jpg

I ordered this on Friday.
I have high expectations for it.
Needs to beat out:
PX Evenflow blue
AD-HD 6x (I bought the x instead of S by mistake, so we'll see). It pasted the waggle test and swings in the yard with no ball.
Fujikura Speeder NX blue

The theme seems to be blue this year :)

Back