Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Recently, THP Golf spotted something new from Project X making the rounds on the PGA Tour. While they were just whispers and images, it looked as if the time was nearing for some sort of news about what may or may not be coming.

Golf nerd sleuths everywhere have been zooming and contorting the different pictures out there with some rather interesting speculation attached to it as the internet never disappoints. The reality? The Denali Blue shaft lineup from Project X is on its way.

Continue reading...

I've never had much luck with Project X shafts, but I love the look of these. I'll definitely have to hit one soon.

They look spectacularly sharp, interesting to hear and read performance appraisal 👀

Great write-up @Jman , the finish and graphics look amazing. Excited to hear more about these shafts.

I am curious if the design/construction were the reason a 50 gram offering is not available or is the volume was not there to justify?

Really interested in how this line expands. Early buzz is incredibly strong from what I am hearing.

Stunning.

I haven’t typically had much luck fitting unit Project X shafts but hope that isn’t the case on this based on looks alone. That said, the profile reads as one I might get along with. Looking forward to the details.

Sounds very intriguing. Interested to hear more when the time comes.

These look pretty good. I assume this is what THP'ers will be getting their hands on at the Project X experience. I will be looking forward to learning more.

Looks nice.

These look pretty good. I assume this is what THP'ers will be getting their hands on at the Project X experience. I will be looking forward to learning more.
Fitting will not be limited to a single shaft line for that experience.

Really nice looking. I wouldn’t mind adding one into my 3W

The Denali Blue profile won't work for me, I'm looking for to possibly seeing a high launch profile in the future.

Looking forward to reading more about this new line of Project X shafts.

Interesting! Great looking and that profile sounds like something "internet golfer" me needs to look at.

I love my HAZRDUS black shaft, but that Denali looks 🔥.

They’ve definitely got my interests piqued on this one, eager to find out more!

First, this isn’t just a flash in the pan design debut, the Denali has been in the works for a very long time, even by golf industry standards, and that is culminating in the past 18 months of testing between the Tour team and Project X engineers. Naturally, a massive piece of that has been putting the shaft in the hands of some of the best golfers on the planet for feedback. One way which that was done was head to head testing with two of the “most popular” shafts currently on Tour where 75% preferred the Denali. What makes that even more eye catching is that it was a double-blind testing, so the players had no idea which they were picking.
Recently, THP Golf spotted something new from Project X making the rounds on the PGA Tour. While they were just whispers and images, it looked as if the time was nearing for some sort of news about what may or may not be coming.

Golf nerd sleuths everywhere have been zooming and contorting the different pictures out there with some rather interesting speculation attached to it as the internet never disappoints. The reality? The Denali Blue shaft lineup from Project X is on its way.

Continue reading...
"First, this isn’t just a flash in the pan design debut, the Denali has been in the works for a very long time, even by golf industry standards, and that is culminating in the past 18 months of testing between the Tour team and Project X engineers. Naturally, a massive piece of that has been putting the shaft in the hands of some of the best golfers on the planet for feedback. One way which that was done was head to head testing with two of the “most popular” shafts currently on Tour where 75% preferred the Denali. What makes that even more eye catching is that it was a double-blind testing, so the players had no idea which they were picking".

So the Denali is looking to be a Ventus/GD AD-DI "Killer" I assume?
Be interested to see if they put out a video of the test results like we have seen with Taylormade TP5

The shift from low/low to mid/mid in a tour profile is an interesting one. The shaft looks great thats for sure

So the Denali is looking to be a Ventus/GD AD-DI "Killer" I assume?
Be interested to see if they put out a video of the test results like we have seen with Taylormade TP5
If I was a betting man, I would assume MCA, not GD.
But I honestly haven't asked.

The shift from low/low to mid/mid in a tour profile is an interesting one. The shaft looks great thats for sure
Professional golfers have a healthy relationship with spin profiles unlike us internet golfers who still got some reason think 1700 is the number to chase 🤣

Professional golfers have a healthy relationship with spin profiles unlike us internet golfers who still got some reason think 1700 is the number to chase 🤣
Us internet golfers have to squeeze every little bit out of it on the launch monitor haha. Its why fitting is so fitter dependent.

Love the graphics. Hope to hear more about them soon :)

i like a lot of what i'm reading. would love to test it. i wonder just how stiff the butt section is. i don't mind a little stiffness under the hands, but too much throws off my feel.

If I was a betting man, I would assume MCA, not GD.
But I honestly haven't asked.
This. GD is still prominent, but not like Fuji or MCA

Back